Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 16:29
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

Another terrible "review" once again from the same guy

I don't argue that it isn't much of a review but I think it's enough to stand.  He says why he doesn't like it, and also how other people might like it if they like the things he doesn't like.  Confused
In fact, reading his review, I would say I wouldn't like that album, though I probably wouldn't give it 1 star

Somebody should contact him and tell him to stop

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 17:38
It reads like someone who listened to the first song in the background and didn’t immediately love it. I mean, it’s soft machine third, that’s just not a 1 Star album.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 17:51

It reads like someone who listened to the first song in the background and didn’t immediately love it. I mean, it’s soft machine third, that’s just not a 1 Star album.

Well, i would vote that we should allow anyone to show their ignorance if they so choose. Anybody who actually gets an album like this knows that it takes a long while to appreciate such a complex beast. If someone basically says that they're too lazy to strive for the artistic statement and understand why it's considered the classic it is then so be it.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 18:37
That's fair, its a shame when ignorance and laziness can bring an album from 4.22 to 4.20 in just one paragraph.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 18:46
^ true dat. Get your friends to sign up and have them all post 5 star reviews if you are that sensitive to these things :)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 18:55
Ill just post a 5 star review that's a copy and paste of his review, i'll just replace everything negative he says with the positive oppositeWink back to square one
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 19:09
^ n ow that would be perfect revenge Big smile

kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2020 at 22:01
one of the things that is different about PA (and RYM to a similar degree) is that anyone can post reviews.  It means some reviews are more amateurish than others, but we mostly live with that as loog as there is some substance to the review.  Sometimes the review may not be written in the person's first language;  we allow that too.  But people recognized as less amateurish tend to be special collaborators or reviewers and their review counts much more towards an album rating than this person's.  Really, the thing to ask is "What would Robert Wyatt (?) do?  probably have a laugh and forget it.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2020 at 03:55
Review 2353824 for the album New World is still listed in the Strawbs discography but is a duplicate review of the album The Ferryman's Curse (2353824). Please delete the New World (2353824) review. It was an error of the poster who reviewed both albums. Thanks.

Edited by SteveG - May 01 2020 at 03:59
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2020 at 04:09
^Thanks, gone.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 13:26
https://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2377165
I have a hard time considering this type of drivel a review.  This reviewer is definitely lacking when it comes to review writing skills, but this one is one of the worst ones I've seen.  It just complains about it being "noise".  Obviously, there is a lack of writing skill here and its embarrassing to see this type of review posted on the site. Sure, everyone is a right to their own opinion, but they should also find a way to defend it other than "[t]his is what noise sounds like, I swear that sometimes the musicians are all out of tune with each other".

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 13:36
It seems more like one of those reaction videos than an actual review. I know I didn't like LTIA or Third much at first.

There was a review a few days ago where the reviewer clearly stated he/she was halfway through the first listen and gave it 5 stars. I don't remember who it was.

Edited by Meltdowner - May 05 2020 at 13:36
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 13:48
Ah great, another brilliant review from the worst reviewer on progarchives. He says absolutely nothing about the album and it's clear he MIGHT HAVE listened once. Can you really review a prog album off of a single listen?the dude doesn't even mention a single song. 

Edit: He just added a SABB review, this time its 4 stars but it's pretty much just as in-depth. Gee I thought post wake crimson sucked!?!? He once again mentions only the first half and not a single song. In fact, most of the "review" is him continuing his brainless rant about how he hates larks.

Edited by dougmcauliffe - May 05 2020 at 14:07
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 14:16

Ah great, another brilliant review from the worst reviewer on progarchives. He says absolutely nothing about the album and it's clear he MIGHT HAVE listened once. Can you really review a prog album off of a single listen?the dude doesn't even mention a single song. 

Well clearly you can, but should you? ....... I think not.

Have you read his Starless & Bible Black review? Gives it 4 stars and the only thing he says is how much he hates LTiA. 

Edited by Nogbad_The_Bad - May 05 2020 at 14:19
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 14:21
Grab your popcorn, lets see if he completes the wetton/bruford trilogy Beer
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 14:39
Yeah I saw that he is on a roll now with both SaBB and Red reviewed.  Even if he gave SaBB four stars, it's still a miserable review.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 15:06
Man that red review was even worse than I expected. Quite a few contradictions as well.
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 15:22
it reads like a deliberate provocation, trollish

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 16:42
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

it reads like a deliberate provocation, trollish

I agree. Giving IQ Are You Sitting Comforably? 5 stars and Red one? LOL

Somebody delete this moron now. Ban this bitch!!

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 17:18
Just delete the reviews and let him/her know that they are entitled to their opinion, but reviews will require explanation to validate that point of view.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 282>