Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255256257 282>
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2020 at 16:53
Thumbs Up
Zoltanxvamos View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoltanxvamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2020 at 17:53
https://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=279419

This is a horrid review, mine might have been bad before, but this is way worse than I have ever gone. Mine might not have had explanations, but this is way too far.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2020 at 18:09
^Its definitely not going to win any awards, but at least he talks about what is on the album and what aspects caused him to rate it that way. The only real violation here is the suicide suggestion at the end which I will message the writer about.

Actually, not going to bother messaging. Reviewer has not visited since 2013. I seriously doubt he will get the message.

Edited by Tapfret - June 09 2020 at 18:13
Zoltanxvamos View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoltanxvamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2020 at 19:31
Damnit, that is a really damn good point. Stop being so logical haha
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 10:54
https://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2414546
This line in the review bothers me quite a bit:  "Although TCat put this album into Pekka's studio-albums, this really is a vinyl-only compilation released by small Finnish underground label Harm'nia."

I'm the first to admit I make mistakes.  I would rather he PMs me since he does know this artist.  I don't think a review is the place to call out mistakes made by other members.  He has PM'ed me in the past, I don't know why he chose to display it in public this time.  Anyway, I changed the information and asked him (in a PM) to please edit his review.  I have now messaged him twice.  I have seen that he has been online for a while now, but he hasn't changed it yet. 

As far as the information gathering I do in the site, I am trying to update discographies, and am finding out that there is a lot of work that needs to be done, so it's turned out to be a daunting task.  Yes, I will make mistakes, so I welcome PMs from people that notice any mistakes and would prefer that  method of communication. 

Edited by TCat - June 21 2020 at 10:57

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 13:46
^Well, I PM into TCat this album and also Vertical Pillars of Pekka Airaksinen are compilations about month ago, but he didnīt do anything from them. I am sorry I mentioned his name in the review, donīt do that anymore, only mention if some album has put in the wrong category.

I was going to add those two Pekka albums into compilations, but not yet hadnīt done it, when Tcat added them. And I really immediately sent him PM and told those albums were wrong place. You can watch Pekkaīs discography that I have added there all the albums I have found from the net with covers. I havenīt got right to do changes, so thatīs reason why I havenīt changed those albums into right place.

Also, I made edit as fast I got the message. I am really not here all the time.

Edited by Mortte - June 21 2020 at 13:47
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 13:56
^Thanks for doing the edit.  Sorry for my misunderstanding with your original message a month ago.  I also made the change you requested for Vertical Pillars.

I always appreciate your input by the way. 

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2020 at 14:11
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

^Thanks for doing the edit.  Sorry for my misunderstanding with your original message a month ago.  I also made the change you requested for Vertical Pillars.

I always appreciate your input by the way. 
I am sorry also mentioning your name. Mistakes happen but everythings ok now! Smile
Hector Enrique View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hector Enrique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 11:02
Hello, my name is Hector Jensen from Peru, I was wrong and a review of Yes The Ladder was posted on Yes Union. I ask you if you can remove the Union one because it does not apply.

Thank you very much and sorry for the error.
My username is Hector Enrique

Regards
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 13:49
Originally posted by Hector Enrique Hector Enrique wrote:

Hello, my name is Hector Jensen from Peru, I was wrong and a review of Yes The Ladder was posted on Yes Union. I ask you if you can remove the Union one because it does not apply.

Thank you very much and sorry for the error.
My username is Hector Enrique

Regards

Thank you for reporting yourself.

"Union" review deleted.

Hector Enrique View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hector Enrique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2020 at 21:33
LOL Thank you very much, I hope don't repeat the same mistake again Ouch

ssmarcus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssmarcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2020 at 01:48
Does anybody else find it super suspicious that albums that have not yet been released consistently have a bunch of 5 star ratings and, even more suspiciously, no reviews to back the rating up? I get that some people have early access to the record on account of their own musical connections or personal journalistic endeavors. But then why is it always 5-stars and without a review? 

I saw this with the new Haken album and others which have since been released. But here are some other examples that still apply at the time of writing this post: 

Edited by ssmarcus - August 20 2020 at 01:49
ssmarcus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssmarcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2020 at 01:57
Quick follow up here guys --> I think with some basic SQL queries, the admins can easily clear out these suspicious early 5-star reviews on an album. For instance, a certain threshold could be decided regarding how old the reviewer's account is, whether or not here is a review, and whether or not the record has been formally released. I do not mind assisting with this if there is any interest. Just a suggestion :-)
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2020 at 18:55
Review #2443664 is not a review
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2020 at 01:32
Originally posted by BarryGlibb BarryGlibb wrote:

Review #2443664 is not a review
Toasted, thanks.
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2020 at 05:41
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2375610

Still think this review is kinda baloney. Doesn't mention any of the songs, most of the "review" is talking about other music by other artists. Someone who hasn't listened to the album could have written this review and from the sounds of it OP listened no more than once and called it a day.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2020 at 05:46
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2375610

Still think this review is kinda baloney. Doesn't mention any of the songs, most of the "review" is talking about other music by other artists. Someone who hasn't listened to the album could have written this review and from the sounds of it OP listened no more than once and called it a day.

this reviewer has been criticized here for several of his reviews. Don't know if this is just poor writing or just abuse... 
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2020 at 05:52
Yeah, Zoltan's PA reviews are not always very high quality. However, I do like his 'Worst to Bests' on his YT channel.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2020 at 07:59
Wobbler has one review, one rating. Album not released till end of October.
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2020 at 08:49
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Wobbler has one review, one rating. Album not released till end of October.
I hate this rushy behaviour too Angry but promos are sent out since some days

Edited by Rivertree - September 22 2020 at 08:49

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255256257 282>