Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 282>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1800iareyay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 14:15
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

BTW, his "review":

Review by adamB
Posted 8:02:02 PM EST, 3/23/2007

5%20stars The best album of all times. Perfect melodies, guitar solos etc...

He says so much with so littleLOL

BTW, I have two reviews for DT's live album Score, and I can't get rid of one.

Edited by 1800iareyay - June 25 2007 at 14:19
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 17:18
Originally posted by 1800iareyay 1800iareyay wrote:

Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

BTW, his "review":

Review by adamB
Posted 8:02:02 PM EST, 3/23/2007

5%20stars The best album of all times. Perfect melodies, guitar solos etc...

He says so much with so littleLOL

BTW, I have two reviews for DT's live album Score, and I can't get rid of one.

Certainly it counts as rating-without-review... Wink

For the case of double reviews for the same album, we're working on it. Thanks!
Guigo

~~~~~~
Chris H View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 13:28
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=70781

This guy keeps talking about how amazing Far East Family Band are, but he is reviewing a Far Out album! Sure they eventually became Far East Family Band, but I don't think that this is an appropriate review anyways. Also, he doesn't mention any songs on the album he is reviewing, but makes a point to mention future albums by Far East Family Band.

Edited by Zappa88 - June 28 2007 at 13:30
Beauty will save the world.
darkmatter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2007 at 16:53
This one is a single sentence:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=80579
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2007 at 17:03
Originally posted by darkmatter darkmatter wrote:

LOL
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2007 at 17:34
Originally posted by darkmatter darkmatter wrote:

Nevermind... it counts as a rating-without-review. Check here:

Smile

Guigo

~~~~~~
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2007 at 13:25
Useless text, and nickname in clash with site's policy:

KEKAL — The Habit of Fire
Review by Skull_f**ked (Karina)

5%20stars Kekal, being around for quite some time,over 10 years,is a very extrodinary band.All the album's they've had is very promising. Never been let down with any of the album,and neither has The Habit of Fire,is album is awesome.

Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2007 at 13:40
Dealt with!Wink
billbuckner View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billbuckner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2007 at 15:57

JETHRO TULL — Thick As A Brick

Review by gyroeatery

2%20stars It's good, but should've been an EP. Just not a whole album worth. Some of the parts are memorable. But many just repeat themselves (even the memorable one). Not sure what all the hype is about really. It's well produced, the instrumentation is good. The lyrics are all over the boards, but as a whole average. I'd figure it's the old breakdown of a good composition, but it's not even spectacular. Decidedly un-epic considering it's over 40 minutes long.

Must give credit though to the string part near the end. It validates the existence of the b-side.

Posted Tuesday, March 14, 2006, 20:56 EST | Permanent link

JETHRO TULL — Thick As A Brick

Review by BETO

2%20stars It's good, but should've been an EP. Just not a whole album worth. Some of the parts are memorable. But many just repeat themselves (even the memorable one). Not sure what all the hype is about really. It's well produced, the instrumentation is good. The lyrics are all over the boards, but as a whole average. I'd figure it's the old breakdown of a good composition, but it's not even spectacular. Decidedly un-epic considering it's over 40 minutes long.

Must give credit though to the string part near the end. It validates the existence of the b-side.

Posted Tuesday, July 03, 2007, 18:00 EST | Permanent link

darkmatter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2007 at 16:43
This one is also copied by the same reviewer from above:

YES — Close to the Edge

Review by Legoman

3%20stars Seriously. I can't believe how overrated this album has become. The singer of YES isn't imparticularly talented, the lyrics were written somewhere between recess and lunch and the some of the sounds that are in it are completely obnoxious! I really don't understand how this is someone's favorite YES album and especially how it is THE BEST PROGRESSIVE ALBUM EVER!!1one It isn't. However, this is not to say that I don't like and respect it. I feel that it is good in it's own respect, maybe somewhere on the level of Discipline by King Crimson but certainly not the best.

Posted Monday, October 24, 2005, 22:17 EST | Permanent link

YES — Close to the Edge

Review by BETO

3%20stars Seriously. I can't believe how overrated this album has become. The singer of YES isn't imparticularly talented, the lyrics were written somewhere between recess and lunch and the some of the sounds that are in it are completely obnoxious! I really don't understand how this is someone's favorite YES album and especially how it is THE BEST PROGRESSIVE ALBUM EVER!!1one It isn't. However, this is not to say that I don't like and respect it. I feel that it is good in it's own respect, maybe somewhere on the level of Discipline by King Crimson but certainly not the best.

Posted Thursday, July 05, 2007, 15:38 EST | Permanent link

In fact, I think all of BETO's reviews may be plagiarized, I just checked his review of Meddle and it's also taken from another reviewer here.

Edited by darkmatter - July 05 2007 at 16:45
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2007 at 17:11
Atkingani's on the case.Wink
silvertree View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 17:05
Double review case for the band called Sinister Street and the album entitled "Trust".
madgo2 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madgo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 20:31
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

With immediate effect, this thread replaces the "Inappropriate reviews" . Please use it to report reviews which you feel do not comply with the PA guidelines As a reminder, the guidelines can be seen here: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13152

The following basic rules for this thread will be enforced, to keep the thread running efficiency.

a) Only reviews which you think do not comply with the above mentioned guidelines should be reported.

b) When reporting a review it is preferable to include the link ("Permanent link"). The text may also be included if you think it is necessary to make an observation or a pertinent commentary

c) Once a report is done for a particular review any other reports related to the same review may be deleted unless they contain relevant additional information. Please do not simply post in support of the original report, or indeed to challenge the original report. The admin team will consider each reported review independently and impartially.

d) Issues related to plagiarism, copyrights and other legal questions shall be reported directly to the Admin Team (Easy Livin or Atkingani) by PM. These issues shall NOT be reported here.

e) Issues related to personal taste, misunderstandings, doubtful interpretations, accuracy, etc, of a particular review shall be reported directly to the reviewer by PM. These issues should NOT be reported here. (Once the final changes to the site have been made, all reviewers will have a forum ID).

f) Reports containing sarcastic or disrespectful comments toward the reviewer should not be made. They shall be edited or even deleted.

g) Reviewers whose reviews are reported may use this thread to defend their review. One report, and one response only for each review though please.

h) A new thread for the general discussion of reviews has been created here:

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28344 

We thank you all in advance for helping us to improve the site while ensuring this thread remains a civil place to visit.

(Please do not post initial comments about this thread here. Use the "Reviews discussion" thread.)

Atkingani and Easy Livin

On behalf of the Admin Team

The king has spoken
He whom life can no longer surprise
Melomaniac View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melomaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 11:55
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=128083
How can he give five stars to something he thinks is 'awful' ?

It doesn't make any sense.
"One likes to believe in the freedom of Music" - Neil Peart, The Spirit of Radio
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 14:34

To Bob & Guigo:  An important question:

Now that we have a new feature on the web site, should we also report ratings without reviews that seem fishy and abusing?

However, there's one:

It's clean-up time!!Wink

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 16:11
There would need to be a clear breach of the rules Clarke. I.e., an apparent effort to manipulate the ratings for an album.

In that case, the user name is distasteful and disrespectful, but we have to assume it's his/her opinion of the album.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 16:17
I'd like to add that the most common abuse for ratings-without-reviews is the flood of 5 stars or 1 star related to a particular album.

I believe that with the new tool it'll be easier to notice these floods and once discovered I believe they should be spot in another topic here, about rating manipulation. Smile

(Please use the reviews discussion thread to discuss this furtherWink )

Edited by Easy Livin - July 11 2007 at 17:23
Guigo

~~~~~~
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhikkhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 22:57
I've found identical reviews for two albums, and it isn't 50 words.

Collaborators Reviews

ANTARES — Over the Hills
Review by Greger (Greger Rönnqvist)
PROG REVIEWER
"Out Of Sight" is of course the more professional of the two albums, but "Over The Hills" is a more personal and unique album, so I actually prefer the older one. Both albums is however interesting in their own rights.

Posted Thursday, March 25, 2004, 20:49 EST | Permanent link

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=29084

ANTARES — Out of Sight
Review by Greger (Greger Rönnqvist)
PROG REVIEWER
"Out Of Sight" is of course the more professional of the two albums, but "Over The Hills" is a more personal and unique album, so I actually prefer the older one. Both albums is however interesting in their own rights.

Posted Thursday, March 25, 2004, 20:48 EST | Permanent link

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=29085

Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 19:08
RUSH — Hemispheres
Review by Fanulone (Costas)

1%20stars Sorry,but i don't like RUSH.i believe that other bands like GENESIS,YES,CAMEL,GENTLE GIANT,have played years ago what RUSH was trying to do later.Although i think HEMISPHERES it's the best effort they ever done, but still so poor...!!

HELL NOAngry

andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 10:05
This http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=128314 is an obvious abuse, as you can verify for yourself by listening to the audio samples or reading Hugues' review. The reason for the abuse is that the album (which was almost completely unknown until now) was promoted on #33 on the top 100 by the new algorithm, drawing attention & debate upon it. This guy lies and misinforms due to frustration over the new top 100.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 282>