Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 282>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 19:44
Not an abuse by any means, just an error, but the reviews on the front page are all italicised now...
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 19:46
Originally posted by Fassbinder Fassbinder wrote:

Not an abuse by any means, just an error, but the reviews on the front page are all italicised now...

My fault, apparently my Up review, I failed to close a set of italics and it reformated the remaining front page reviews. I will contact the powers that be and fix it.
Shakespeare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakespeare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 21:52
And you failed to give it 5 stars. Wink
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 22:24
Originally posted by Shakespeare Shakespeare wrote:

And you failed to give it 5 stars. Wink

I'm sorry. I can go ahead and review "So" next. The two of them together will equal 5 stars.Big%20smile

And I see my little screwup was fixed. Thanks to whoever did that.
Zitro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 21:16
Check the new Pure Reason Revolution review, and now this old one.

The 2nd reviewer copied this review, and added things that are against the reviewing policies, calling 5-star ratings "phony"

PURE REASON REVOLUTION — The Dark Third

Review by dnieper111

1%20stars Porcupine Tree meets Backstreet Boys. I can't believe there are so many people liking this album. You can already get copies of this used on Amazon for less than $2, so that will give you some idea of how bad this thing tanked.

Musically it's pretty bland unobjectionable and uninteresting lite Pink Floyd-ish metal with tons of hooks. Except the hooks aren't good, they're annoying as hell, and the band was apparently so low on ideas they had to repeat each one of the hooks dozens of times. I listened to this album once, and I never want to hear the word "ambassadors" again. Just when I think I like something I'm hearing, it gets repeated so much, without any variation at all, or any real buildup, that I can't stand to hear it anymore. The chord sequences are cliche, the vocals are the typical overproduced major label bs, and the production has way too much high end. One of the most unpleasant listening experiences I can recall, though if there hadn't been so much hype and so many phony high ratings for this album, it wouldn't have been so painful. At least I only paid $1 for it.

Edited by Zitro - October 12 2007 at 21:17
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2007 at 14:26
All reviews on the front page are bold and italic. Can anybody fix this? Confused
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2007 at 16:55
Sorted, and PM sent to reviewer to help.
darkmatter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 20:16
Plagarized reviews:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=145801
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=145803

from these two reviews, respectively:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=81565
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=87607

This seems to happen too often with Pink Floyd albums, or maybe it's just me....

Another one:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=145804

From this:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=60512

Edited by darkmatter - October 18 2007 at 20:17
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 20:27
Gone. Many thanks! Smile
Guigo

~~~~~~
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 08:03
Originally posted by Fassbinder Fassbinder wrote:

Hmm, is it abuse to report a bug in the abuse section?LOL

This isn't the first time I've seen the italics thing happen.  Now that I know the cause, I promise not to deliberately make that mistake.

Edited by Slartibartfast - October 19 2007 at 08:06
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 13:38
Another pathetic chart manipulator:

http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=15846

darkmatter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2007 at 12:20
Not abuse, but this review is italicizing the rest of the page from Oceansize's Frames below it:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=145809
Desoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2007 at 04:28
Multiple identical reviews:
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=148755
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=148756
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2007 at 18:56
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 05:13
IRON MAIDEN — Dance of Death
Review by Casse (Martin Casse)

1%20stars Hey man... Iron Maiden is Progressive Rock and Im the Queen of England. Why does everyone insist that this group has progressive qualities?! dont you see that they are pure heavy metal? nothing more? If someone comes to you with a song that in a part its not in 4/4 and it lasts more than 4 minutes, it means is progressive? Please, understand, Iron Maiden is not progressive. Not because they're british they can be on this page.

Posted Thursday, November 08, 2007, 20:28 EST
Review Permanent link

Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 16:35
YES — Tales From Topographic Oceans
Review by xmag (Caio)

4%20stars There is much disputing to where to click on these reviews... "masterpiece" or "poor"... I'd say, smoke before you listen to it, I guaranteed you'll click the first one.

You can take your conclusions from that, I can say I love it.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 16:39
Dealt with...
Guigo

~~~~~~
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2007 at 01:55
THEORY IN PRACTICE — Third Eye Function
Review by avalanchemaster (Ehron L. Zech)

4%20stars oh "no brain-o" rated this classic rather low again, eh?

excellent stuff here, with Peter Lake (now in Mekong Delta) on guitar....absolute shredding going on here....yes this is their first release, which has now been reissued and sounds excellent! a very unique listen for sure.....there is a slight hint of Meshuggah- isms in the rhythmic riffage, but do not be fooled, this is no clone. they even throw in some tastey acoustic guitar here and there. This is epic stuff.

Posted Saturday, November 10, 2007, 22:43 EST
Review Permanent link | Submit a review for this album

T.O.O.H.!%20Order%20and%20Punishment%20progressive%20rock%20album%20and%20reviews Tech/Extreme Prog Metal
(Studio Album, 2005)
Avg: 3.50/5
from 2 ratings
T.O.O.H.! — Order and Punishment
Review by avalanchemaster (Ehron L. Zech)

4%20stars who in the heck is this "drain-o" guy and what does he have against this very unique band?

anyway, this is exceptionally schizo stuff and definitely worth investigating if you have come to the edge of the cliff in terms of extreme music and are searching for something new and unique....hard to find, but worth investigating further!

I think the first line, complaining about "drain-o"'s ratings, should be removed. It's against the policy, after all, and the tone is pretty drastic.

Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2007 at 04:30
Done!
andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 06:54
SLEEPYTIME GORILLA MUSEUM — Of Natural History
Review by King Crimson776

1%20stars No. No. No... No. Look, I don't even know where to start with this band, but I'd best start to gather my fragmented thoughts as this band of idiot flesh has killed any sort of natural flow in my brain. Basically, this is either a bunch of pretentious dip[&*!#]s, or people who are laughing their asses off at anyone who gave this album a 5 star based on how much artistic value this music has. Look, people, you have to realize, not every weird ass band that is doing something unusual is good, never mind progressive. I can't even bring myself to go into how progressive this music is, I'll just say it's degressive in the most horrible way. It's perpetuating the psuedo alternative/progressive mindset that is afflicting so many people these days, and this mindset can do no good, it can only lead people farther astray from what music and art and even entertainment should be, and I really would not like to see human culture go into the void like this (I guess I was able to bring myself). Now if you're some perverse b*****d who likes this exactly because this music is so pointless and [%*!#]ed up and you're laughing at everyone who takes it seriously and how down the drain we are as a race to give this band any sort of praise at all, well that's fine. But you know what would be even more epic? If we saved the world. You read me. If we were somehow able to pull modern society out of the void and bask in truth, with no need, nay; there's never any need, no desire to have pretentions about being satanic when really you're a stupid hipster who doesn't realize the damage (however miniscule it is) they are doing on the already malaise-filled population of pseudo-heads that are becoming stupider and more prevalent by the day. That's what I want, and I think if any of the perverse b*****ds I refered to were to be honest with themselves, and give up any contempt they have for the human race, then they would want the same thing. Portraying vague satanic concepts over crappy music is not cool, even Pitchdork media should realize that.

Posted Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 03:27 EST
Review Permanent link | Submit a review for this album

This review calls me a pervert b*****d. And I thought that on PA nobody will notice! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 282>