Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 04:17
Cheers Rico, send review mentioned duly modified.

In the word of Formula 1, review 92524 Memo W.

No action needed on reviews immediately above. We all have our own styles and competencies, these review comply with the guidelines.
mystic fred View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystic fred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 12:17

SAGA — Trust

Review by jljimenezs30

4 stars WOOWWWW, THEY STILL KEEP THE FORCE DON'T THEY?? since full circle they defenitively made a change, this alum sounds solid, I like the ideas, still SAGA... thank god those wildest dreams and throwing shapes times are far gone... keep it up guys

Posted Saturday, September 30, 2006, 11:53 EST | Permanent link

SAGA — The Pleasure & The Pain

Review by jljimenezs30

2 stars ONCE AGAIN A LOW POINT , that's the problem with Saga, they take you to heaven and then you fall from the highest... no much to say, is better than throwing shapes and wildest dreams of course, but you and me can make better music than that... only how do you feel could make a kind of good song....

Posted Saturday, September 30, 2006, 11:36 EST

Prog Archives Tour Van
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 12:29
We are dealing with them all, MF... some already went away!
Guigo

~~~~~~
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 04:08
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=92784

Someone tell this guy to use some punctuation!

5 stars the people that dont give 5 stars to these work its not just with this its not like leftoverture but dust in the wind is a extraordinaire theme because its not too long or complicated but is very very beautiful and the letter is very ok.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 05:11
> Someone tell this guy to use some punctuation!

I agree to that. Also, some of these reviews lack information about the album in question.

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=92782
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=92784
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=92781
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=92779
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=92778

I think English language is his main problem, maybe we can help him?

Angelo
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 09:08

Dealt with... Smile

Guigo

~~~~~~
Tailscent View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tailscent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 09:54
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

This reviewer admits he's only heard the single Supermassive Blackhole and is judging the rest of the album (which I find very different to that song) on it:

MUSE — Black Holes And Revelations
Review by Tailscent

1 stars I've heard of people listening to something called "Muse" a long time ago, along with bands such as HOOBASTANK and NIGHTWISH...I knew nothing of music outside some progrock (Pink Floyd and IQ, mostly) and, gasp, Michael Jackson.

Nowadays I'm more up to date, and capable of handling louder and rougher music, to the point where I can see why people like Nightwish. Muse, however... *shudders*

Not too long after I first discovered them, the single "Supermassive Black Hole" was released and sampled on their website. That quick listen was more than enough to convince me that Muse definately isn't my thing AT ALL. Poppy mainstream rock? C'mon, this isn't proggy at all...sheesh. I'd sooner call EVANESCENCE a gothic metal band than consider Muse part of the prog scene, yet here they are on ProgArchives, while Evanescence and a load of other worthy prog bands are missing. I fail to understand.

No, I'm not even going to try Muse out. Not their latest album, not their earlier work. I'm happy enough not knowing, thanks.

Yours, Tailscent

Don't worry, bub, it's dealt with.
I still won't change my opinion and Muse, but I'm fine with it having been deleted. *shrugs*
The Wizard View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 17:51
LATEST 10 PROGRESSIVE ROCK MUSIC REVIEWS
ELOY Dawn progressive rock album and reviews Psychedelic/Space Rock
(Studio Album, 1976)
Avg: 4.11/5
from 32 ratings
ELOY — Dawn
Review by genesis

1 stars Yeh really good album lkslkdl kda;iuer woipiq oiwie wieoi wioe iwoi wp qpljd j skjdkl lj sjdj kjd klsj jkk jskj kjlk skdkk jskl kjksj k jksjdliofoi ksjldkjalij llk lkaj lkjlk kk jk kkjk kk jkjk kj ksldj adiaioioio ioj iojai jaia i ij oi iai ioa jioaj ioaioa iao jioa ioaj ijaio aioj aioaj ioaji jai jai jaij iajiajia jai oaji ajiaojai sjdiadiaodadpo p oasodiopai owiop qoo ioqpieqos iqpoo jkfjklf; lfkljfdaklasfklj

I've always wanted to report a review!
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 17:54
Dealt with
yesfan88 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yesfan88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 18:21
There's a pretty inappropriate review of Sgt. Pepper's showing on the main page right now. It includes obscenity, so you're going to want to delete that right away.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"- Evelyn Beatrice Hall
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 18:25
Dealt with thanks....its the silly season again.
chamberry View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chamberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 18:34
I think this one talks for itself...

BANCO DEL MUTUO SOCCORSO — Darwin!
Review by qwerty

5 stars EEEEEEESSSSSSS KIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLIIIINNNNG JOOCCK THE LASST COMPOSITIONS ARE REAL SUXXXXXX CHUBBBSSSS IS LOL FUCCK HIM IN HIM HIM HIM ASSSSSSSSSSS YEEESESESESEESSSES YEESSSEESESSESSESESEE SSSS SSSSS BANCOO NEVER MORE IS RURRRRRRREEEELLLEEELESLLSSSSSLS IT YES CENESIS AND RUSH MASTERPISE CAMPARE AND AFF COUSE CRIMSAN COMLEXITY LYRYCS BY MASTADIENT SINFELD PETER JOSHUA Jr.

Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 18:39
Dealt with,same guy as above...
Melomaniac View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melomaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 16:12
Nothing really bad about this review, but in the KC 'LIzard' review, there are no punctuation marks at all, which makes for a difficult read.
"One likes to believe in the freedom of Music" - Neil Peart, The Spirit of Radio
OpethGuitarist View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OpethGuitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 12:15
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=93460

Seems to be complementing more on my review than actually reviewing the album...

Cry
back from the dead, i will begin posting reviews again and musing through the forums
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 13:47
Several of Jalas reviews dealt with OG, clear breaches of the reviews guidelines.
billbuckner View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billbuckner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 14:56
DREAM THEATER — Octavarium
Review by surrounded23

4 stars i'll be honest with you. i cant understand this: "i have read 20 reviews and i hear 20 different opinions, not so much about the album but about the way you, the listeners, are attracted to dream theater. one guy wants dream theater like that, the other like that etc..Why is that happening? i, personaly, love the basis of their music, the format. i dont care if octavarium should be characterized as "prog" or not.Does it matter? For God's shake!you shouldnt be cared about "categories".i think that prog, in your language, among others means for open-minded. Now.. i love every note that comes out from this band.EVERY NOTE. I think nothing will dissapoint me in the future also. I suggest that to some prog listeners who hate or love dream theater. You should always think what the band wants to achieve and treat it like that!You people think that if i dont like this, then it doesnt worth!tell me that you dont like octavarium, that it doesnt express you: i understand!i am with you!But dont tell me non-sense like "lack of inspiration", "after "scenes" they play crap" or "they should be back in "awake" era sound (!!!!!i cant believe what i hear). the band knows more than anyone where it goes and it f.....goes excellent. you should not care also which of their album is their best!what is this? some kind of contest? is it an olympic sport e.g. "who jumped further"? its just music!so do not fill yourself with such anticipations cause there is no sense at all.the band itself doesnt care to try prove something to anyone.As for Octavarium, its their most mature work..its dynamic, modern and diverse..

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 17:23
A perfect example of how not to write a review.

Dealt with.
Philéas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philéas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 14:16
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=75072

Ermm

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 14:36
Cheers Phil, now a rating only. (It had less than 50 words anywayWink)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 282>