Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 12:15
JETHRO TULL — Thick As A Brick
Review by Bjarne

5%20stars This is my all-time best album from my all-time favorite band. I can never get tired of it, it is really a masterpiece. I have heard it so many times, and it is a great pleasure every time, and it is still alive and well after 35 years. GREAT MUSIC !

short!

darkmatter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 12:33
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 12:43
just like it happened with Godbluff.

either this ringo account is the fella's new account (so it's the same person), either he's awfully messing with the idea of getting banned for repeated plagiarism. Ermm
darkmatter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 14:08
And he just put up another plagiarized review too....
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 14:27
even worse, his Live Scenes From New York review is also a plagiarized review from proghairfunk.

his Thick As A Brick review is a plagiarized review from bruin69!

his Meddle review is plagiarized from WishborneAsh!!

his Per un Amico review is plagiarized from Prog Leviathan!!!

his Uomo Di Pezza is also plagiarized from a review (I can't see how the original author is)!!!!

his Bacamarte review is plagiarized from Rainer Rain!!!!!

his Crime of the Century is also plagiarized from a review (I can't see who the original author is)!!!!!!

okay, this person has to go. Ban.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 16:53
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=9215

somebody tell this guy Ritchie Blackmore is not playing on Come taste the band - how misimformed can a person be??Confused
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 20:44
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

somebody tell this guy Ritchie Blackmore is not playing on Come taste the band - how misimformed can a person be??Confused

perhaps if you had spent the time adding the album.. the mistake wouldn't have been made.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 21:13
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

perhaps if you had spent the time adding the album.. the mistake wouldn't have been made.

i don't understand. Confused what did i do wrong?
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 21:14

volunteers my friend... volunteers... we all f**k up... Wink
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 21:18

volunteers my friend... volunteers... we all f**k up... Wink

indeed; i just couldn't help it when i read the review, hence my reaction.

(the guy was happy Blackmore changed his guitar style on Come taste the band. It's a somewhat funny statement; poor Mr Bolin).
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 21:24
oh I see the confusion.... the link goes right to the album page...I thought you were saying that someone put Blackmore down as the guitarist rather than Bolin when the album was added.... hense my reaction

by all means.. fire away at idiot reviews hahahhahah Wink
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2008 at 22:09
here Cristi... here's the right link... it threw me off....I guess someone should PM the poor guy and let him know that good as Blackmore is... that wasn't him changing styles hahahhahahha.

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=158757

the danger with downloading albums...  no liner notes... music sure.. but with no understanding of the album....will lay odds he doesn't even have a copy of it.... that is a bad mistake...
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 15:54

This does not seem a proper review and should either be redone by Kobaia or removed?

Rgds
Chris
RENAISSANCE%20Prologue%20progressive%20rock%20album%20and%20reviews Symphonic Prog
(Studio Album, 1972)
Avg: 3.59/5
from 45 ratings
RENAISSANCE — Prologue
Review by Kobaia

4%20stars This is Annie Haslam's first appearance in Renaissance, and pretty strong one too, even if her vocal parts are mainly 'vocalese', ie. phonetic voices like la-la-laa and na-na-naa. At the very last song on the album (Rajah Khan*) she even goes aaaaaaaannnnnggggáááááááááá.... and dadadadaaaadaadadaaaaaa.....

There's so many great and very detailic reviews that I don't have much to add. Anyhow, this record is Very Good, considering that the ultimate masterpieces, that we can join in their later albums, are missing here. All songs are great though and very enjoyable in the familiar Renaissance way!

* Rajah Khan was actually Danny McCulloch's** dog.

** Danny McCulloch was The Animals'*** bassist.

*** The Animals doesn't refer to a crowd of dogs here, but the band, that recorded for example the hit song 'The House Of The Rising Sun'****.

**** 'The House Of The Rising Sun' isn't composed by The Animals, it's actually traditional folk tune from New Orleans*****.

***** The City destroyed by Katrina******.

****** Now This is going too far! For God's sake Kobaia, haven't you got anything better to do?*******

******* Hey! Who wrote that? Ouch, I lost my thoughts, where was I? Oh yeah, Rajah Khan!*

Posted Friday, January 18, 2008, 03:25 EST
Review Permanent link | Submit a review for this album

<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
ProgBagel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgBagel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 20:53
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=12629

Very uninformative. Actually, it has nothing to do with the album.
Kotro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kotro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2008 at 04:50
That's an oooooooold review, Hughes will no doubt get to that one, since I believe he's improving his earlier work. As most of us should. LOL
Bigger on the inside.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 05:27
I don't really know if this goes against the rules, but I surely don't find it very useful as a review:
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=159416

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 19:58
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

I don't really know if this goes against the rules, but I surely don't find it very useful as a review:
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=159416

not a review.. but a stand up audition.. being clever is fine .. as long as you review the damn album.

off with it's head... and with my earlier prediction LOL

Edited by micky - January 21 2008 at 19:59
ClassicRocker View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicRocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2008 at 10:35

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=159723

Not a review at all... just some strange anecdote or somethingConfused

Edited by ClassicRocker - January 25 2008 at 10:36
keiser willhelm View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keiser willhelm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2008 at 17:32
i am enjoying how all of those reviews are done by Kobaia
http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=14280
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 23:36
Topic: Album review
    Posted: Today at 16:05
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=159865
I
have to say this is not a constructive review IMHO.
How can a reviewer constantly state this is not Supertramp style when obviously the band created it??
Not sure where the reviewer link page is, but would ask the team to consider removing this kind of review?
peace..
Chris
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 282>