Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 16:34
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

This review is probably way too short too, but mainly it doesn't say anything worthwhile about the album, as well as bashing another subgenre rather unnecessarily:
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=162250

You're right, signora! Wink
Guigo

~~~~~~
Repner View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 20:44
This review:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=162492

Is an exact copy of this one:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=146809

With the exception of that small bit at the end, which they didn't put in.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 21:35
Thanks, Repner!
Guigo

~~~~~~
The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Quiet One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 10:04
It seems like in the last 3 pages I have been comented around. And I haven't even knowing except for Micky that told me by PM. That's why in another thread of reviews I comented that why couldn't the members edit their own reviews, would be much more practical. Please give me some reason we can't I'm sure you have, because this question is not new I suppose. Even though I edited some I still have plenty some are mentioned here...
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 14:32
TORMAN%20MAXT%20The%20Problem%20Of%20Pain:%20Part%201%20progressive%20rock%20album%20and%20reviews Progressive Metal
(Studio Album, 2007)
1.00/5
(2 ratings)
TORMAN MAXT — The Problem Of Pain: Part 1
Review by WideAngleWatcher (Jordan Lee Smith)

1%20stars Torman Maxt are a band of three brothers from Florida. According to the band's website their sound has been compared to 'Progressive Rock greats like Rush, Dream Theater, Queensryche & Yes while still reminding Rock fans of their other main influences, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin' Reading that and realising their latest effort The Problem Of Pain: Part 1 was available for free download I decided I might as well give it a listen.

Having downloaded the album and pressing play on the first track I was instantly impressed. Could my long search for a band that sounded like Rush be over? By the time guitarist/vocalist Tony Massaro started singing on second track Job's Song a huge smile had spread across my face. This guy actually pulls of the Geddy Lee style vocals. Much as I know I shouldn't praise someone for sounding exactly like someone else this was exciting!

It wasn't until the third song my opinion on Torman Maxt totally changed. The Angel's Song is horrible. If you thought Stryper (Christian Glam Metal band) were cheesey this is 10x worst. Whereas I was aware of the religious lyrics in Job's Song and knew the album would be focusing on pushing Christianity I found I was able to ignore the message easily on the first two tracks because of the amazing musical arrangements. Here it's just too much though. A horrible effect is added to Massaro's voice as he chants 'Holy, holy, hold Lord' and other mindless garbage over and over again. I found myself wanting to throw up, how could this happen? Literally seconds ago they were sounding great! And from then on it doesn't pick up...

Suddenly I start to notice how horrible song of the song titles are, Satan's First Song, Satan's Second Song, Job's Intial Shock, Job's Wife. As if the name Job wasn't annoying enough the fact it crops up in most of the song titles is maddening. I can't even begin to imagine talking to friends about this one. 'Yeah I think Job's Commitment' is the best song on The Problem Of Pain: Part 1. Oh yeah and the album title sucks too.

The riffs and general structure of the songs become very similar and painfully boring by the time we're round to Satan's Second Song. The fact the members of Torman Maxt actually think this is their 2112 is laughable. 2112 is a masterpiece of Classic Progressive Rock and this is just... awful.

There is really little more to say about T.P.O.P.P.1. Overture is a great start with a nice dosage of Rush influence and Job's Song is a good enough track however The Angel's First Song is one of the worst pieces of 'Progressive Rock' music I've ever heard. I would honestly rather smash my head against a brick wall that hear it again. I can't see that many people being excited that Part 2 is on the way. Can we expect The Angel's Third and Forth Songs? I admit as soon as I heard The Angel's First Song I saw the album in a completely different light but I can honest say save the first two tracks this is one of the worst records I've ever listened to.

Posted Sunday, February 24, 2008, 11:41 EST
Review Permanent link | Submit a review for this album

He seems to not like the album mostly because of Christian lyrics. He may not like this sort of themes but isn't calling it "mindless garbage" offensive?
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 12:13
TORMAN%20MAXT%20The%20Problem%20Of%20Pain:%20Part%201%20progressive%20rock%20album%20and%20reviews Progressive Metal
(Studio Album, 2007)
1.00/5
(3 ratings)
Review by Kobaia

1%20stars An hour ago I wandered in forum section and happened to read Tuzvihar's complaint on WideAngleWatcher's review of this album and of course I did read the review as well. My interest raised instantly! Then I read the other review of this album, that is also of one star rating, and noted that the whole album is downloadable in their website... As the pleasure mostly comes from great things, it also may come from something bad and I was after that... Downloading I went.

And YES! This is the absolute pleasure of co-shame and masochism and it really gives you a good laugh! The first one of the great poorness of this album is the lousy lyrics and whiny praising of lord: Holy, holy, holy Lord Absolutely horrible! These guys are clearly on a mission, but what they think to achieve with those lousy lyrics? And this really poor whining you just have to hear :) And the second one is those lousy simple compositions that are so expectable that one can say yet on first listening what comes next! They are trying hard to be progressive but they are a bunch of poor wannabees, clowns they are. It's like they had found a manual of prog that they read carefully and do like that :) Amusing!

And can they play? NO! It's a real joy listening these dudes that play tricks that should be in prog without having a slightest ability to do so! King-By-Tor wrote that they're practising from 1994! Now who would have guessed that!

Absolutely recommended for fun, co-shame and masochism purposes! Download it, listen to it and delete it. It's the Brightest One-Star'er ever!

Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 04:59 EST

Wow, I've been mentioned in a review... Ermm
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 12:47

Congrats, Bartek! Tongue

But he didn't get the point, your observation was related to the jargon used not to the rating.... anyway, one hour (probably one spin) for an entire album seems unfair for me.

Guigo

~~~~~~
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 14:32
Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

Congrats, Bartek! Tongue

But he didn't get the point, your observation was related to the jargon used not to the rating.... anyway, one hour (probably one spin) for an entire album seems unfair for me.

I did get the point, but you didn't.

And one hour (two spins, actually one and half, because the fun died at the second time) is absolutely enough in this case. Just try it yourself.
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 16:34
LOL

Charles Bukowski
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 16:50
CAMEL%20Rajaz%20progressive%20rock%20album%20and%20reviews Symphonic Prog
(Studio Album, 1999)
4.06/5
(95 ratings)
CAMEL — Rajaz
Review by trackstoni (antoine kordahi)

5%20stars I'm a retired captain flwng Progressive music since 1969 (when i was 16) i use to have a magazine called inArabic (music ) i had a real bad time with our religious community regarding posters and magazines covers (specially for Ian Anderson & Ozzy ) I got my first vinyl record for Camel in 1971 (always late) then Mirage ------- StuNNing Andy Latimer ....... follwng this pro prog for nearly 36 years , i can only say (NO STARS CAN BE GIVEN TO ALL CAMEL'S WORKS) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ANYMORE.... so,enjoy the Good Works -

Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 16:29 EST

He just tells his life story but what about the album?
EDIT: his second review is not much better.

Edited by Tuzvihar - February 26 2008 at 16:52

Charles Bukowski
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 18:01
Originally posted by Kobaia Kobaia wrote:

Congrats, Bartek! Tongue

I did get the point, but you didn't.

And one hour (two spins, actually one and half, because the fun died at the second time) is absolutely enough in this case. Just try it yourself.

Very productive and friendly. Confused

If Bartek wishes to have his name removed from your review he just needs to tell me and your review must be redone.
Guigo

~~~~~~
The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Quiet One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 18:14

Review | Album details | All reviews | Buy Music
Posted 5:32:44 PM EST, 2/26/2008

5 stars

THICK AS A BRICK

What can i tell yu about this Masterpiece . Sooo, igot my 1st vinyl record in 1972 , & i don't know what to say about , my English language was poor , i really liked the music ( specially when he said THE POET & THE PAINTER CASTING SHADOWS IN THE WATER AS THE SUN PLAYS ON THE INFANTRY RETURNING FROM THE SEA) I real;ly knew it's a good poem , buttt , Ihave to know more about the little Milton & about the giant Ian , Sooooo, it was 1972 ----- In 1974 , unfortunately i had to be a pilot , So i discovered the meaning of the lyrics , Now to tell the truth more than 25.000 lebanese knows about this record (i meant in the 70's) So my problem was the language , but now (THANKS TO PROGARCHIEVES) I felt free to ngive my opinion about (Ian Anderson in general) when i 1st met dharma for one in 1970 ,,,,,,,,,,,, my last review for Jethro Tull was ( A ) but i was really impressed by Dot . Com BBBBut all DVD's are poor & i believe that IAN was'nt generous with his band , but , he was a selfish to do his best videos with strangers (sorry for the term )

Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick CD (album) cover 4.68
Essential: a masterpiece of progressive music

Talking about his life.....again.http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=162755
1800iareyay View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1800iareyay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 21:34
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

CAMEL%20Rajaz%20progressive%20rock%20album%20and%20reviews Symphonic Prog
(Studio Album, 1999)
4.06/5
(95 ratings)
CAMEL — Rajaz

5%20stars I'm a retired captain flwng Progressive music since 1969 (when i was 16) i use to have a magazine called inArabic (music ) i had a real bad time with our religious community regarding posters and magazines covers (specially for Ian Anderson & Ozzy ) I got my first vinyl record for Camel in 1971 (always late) then Mirage ------- StuNNing Andy Latimer ....... follwng this pro prog for nearly 36 years , i can only say (NO STARS CAN BE GIVEN TO ALL CAMEL'S WORKS) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ANYMORE.... so,enjoy the Good Works -

Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 16:29 EST

He just tells his life story but what about the album?
EDIT: his second review is not much better.

He just wrote another 5, and they are all nothing but album collection boasts delivered in broken English. Now, I'm fine with someone struggling with English (after all, this is a worldwide community and Lord knows additional languages are tough), but when all you can do is call attention to your huge record collection, I lose my empathy and sympathy.
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 02:17

Very productive and friendly. Confused

And yours was?

As I told allready in my review:

1) The reason I noted this album was Tuzvihar's complaint.
2) I did read the review of WideAngleWatcher that woke my interest about the album
3) I did read the second review of the album, that was also of one star rating. It woke my interest even more.

At any point I have not commented Tuzvihar's complaint, the content of it or if it was appropriate or not. 
I have only told how I noted the album and what woke my interest about it. Nor can I see that I have insulted Tuzvihar or anybody else in my review.

Thus I see your comment "But he didn't get the point, your observation was related to the jargon used not to the rating" wasn't correct for I have not even mentioned his "point". However your sentence reveals that you did miss my point. right?

If Bartek wishes to have his name removed from your review he just needs to tell me and your review must be redone.

Bartek?
But man's got to do what man's got to do.

Now, peace man!

Kobaia

PS. Looking forward to see your review of Torman Maxt album, after you've spinned it TWENTY times! LOL

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 05:51
Tuzvihar (Bartek) reported your review here... if he wanted to make just a comment he could have used another forum.
Guigo

~~~~~~
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 06:41
I guess you got to act then.
Visitor13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Visitor13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 07:04
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

(Studio Album, 2007)
1.00/5
(3 ratings)
Review by Kobaia

1%20stars An hour ago I wandered in forum section and happened to read Tuzvihar's complaint on WideAngleWatcher's review of this album and of course I did read the review as well. My interest raised instantly! Then I read the other review of this album, that is also of one star rating, and noted that the whole album is downloadable in their website... As the pleasure mostly comes from great things, it also may come from something bad and I was after that... Downloading I went.

And YES! This is the absolute pleasure of co-shame and masochism and it really gives you a good laugh! The first one of the great poorness of this album is the lousy lyrics and whiny praising of lord: Holy, holy, holy Lord Absolutely horrible! These guys are clearly on a mission, but what they think to achieve with those lousy lyrics? And this really poor whining you just have to hear :) And the second one is those lousy simple compositions that are so expectable that one can say yet on first listening what comes next! They are trying hard to be progressive but they are a bunch of poor wannabees, clowns they are. It's like they had found a manual of prog that they read carefully and do like that :) Amusing!

And can they play? NO! It's a real joy listening these dudes that play tricks that should be in prog without having a slightest ability to do so! King-By-Tor wrote that they're practising from 1994! Now who would have guessed that!

Absolutely recommended for fun, co-shame and masochism purposes! Download it, listen to it and delete it. It's the Brightest One-Star'er ever!

Posted Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 04:59 EST

LOL

I rather like this review. I went to the band's Myspace and only managed to stand about ten seconds of their music.

The Problem of Pain... what pretentious crap. Pretty much the most significant problem ever - maybe even the only problem ever - and these guys approach it with next to no thought.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 07:09
hmmm...  as much as I'd love to jump Kobaia's ass... sort of the mood I'm in.LOL

didn't see anything wrong with mentioning Tuzvihar in his review.  While it's Bartek's right to have want his name removed... I don't see the reason why.  It was used in context to 'discovering' the music.  Nothing personal towards him at all.

Much to do about nothing in my book. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 09:22
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

hmmm...  as much as I'd love to jump Kobaia's ass... sort of the mood I'm in.LOL

didn't see anything wrong with mentioning Tuzvihar in his review.  While it's Bartek's right to have want his name removed... I don't see the reason why.  It was used in context to 'discovering' the music.  Nothing personal towards him at all.

As you know, Micky, my mind is flying just now... Big%20smile

Anyway, the forum name is still "Report Abuse Here". Shocked
Guigo

~~~~~~
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 10:34

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

As you know, Micky, my mind is flying just now... Big%20smile

Anyway, the forum name is still "Report Abuse Here". Shocked

LOL I can imagine how your mind is flying hahhaha
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 282>