Topic ClosedTrax In Space

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trax In Space
    Posted: October 21 2006 at 15:28
Anybody remember "Trax In Space", the trackers Modplug and wav.sample site? i was a member in the late 90's but as a listener not a Tracker. There were some amazing Prog/metal artists on the site, especially "Guardian MC" and "Mystical" whose music i still enjoy listening to today. Soon as i can i will include a link with some modfiles you can listen to!  Here is an article from Wikipedia...

"Trax in Space was an online community of musicians from every corner of the globe. A large chunk of these musicians were trackers, while many others use different methods of creating music and others used conventional methods. It was founded by CyberLegion Artist Network in 1992, but soon became a solo project of Mysterium (Saurin Shah), and grew from 1997 to the largest tracker music archive until it collapsed in 2001. At its peak it had 20,000 musicians and over 75,000 songs, and the staff consisted of: Mysterium, Ronald "roncli" Clifford, Vincent Lau, Martin "Slammin Vinyl" Kilner (now known as slammy), Zola, Lisa Lindstrom, Marty Pickering (M.P. Productions), Solo, Sunny, Mike (Evolution), SBR (xylyx), Idaho (DotSPF), and many more.

There were a couple of 'off-spins' from Trax In Space, including Trance In Space, Samples in Space, and even an online music magazine!. Trance in space, basically took all the 'trance' labelled genres from Trax In Space, and put them together on a website which made that genre more accessible. Samples in Space was a pay-per-use instrument/sample site, intended to help Trax In Space cover some of the costs of running."

there are rumours Trax In Space may be up and running again in January 2007 !

Edited by mystic fred - October 21 2006 at 16:23
Prog Archives Tour Van
 Post Reply Post Reply