Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOne’s Musical Affections.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: One’s Musical Affections.
    Posted: January 23 2005 at 01:58
this issue tackles the parts of a song or a whole song that give you a (shiver in your spine) or make you (sigh deeply) when you listen to them, so this does show what kind of a person you are musically in a way or gives a hint of how sensitive you are toward music, reflects one's musical style to be short.

-first of all i find this a very important issue for me so i am gonna mention a lot of titles so please be patient and    bear with me and try to listen to them someday if you're into some serious deep meaningful stuff or at least at    the begining of getting to be one, that if you don"t have them already.
-secondly this is an expansion of (frosty)'s [Passages that make your hairs stand up]
thanks (frosty), i felt it needed more attention, and to all: please share your thoughts more elaborately.
-finally i"ll divide them in two lists in no order, one by Pink Floyd and members as solo works, second simply by non-Pink Floyd
here they are

by Pink Floyd :
bass and guitars in "Hey You"
the guitar solo in "Comfortably Numb"
last line Gilmour sings on "Cirrus Minor"
"Careful with That Axe, Eugene" in Ummagumma Live from the moment Waters starts screaming till the end
the start of "The Narrow Way Part three" in Ummagumma studio
the part where's screaming vocals in "Us And Them"
Guitar Solo in "Dogs"
"A Pillow of Winds" all of it!
guitars on "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"
"Near The End" guitars solo!
"It's a Miracle" ending
"The Fletcher Memorial Home" the part where the drums and guitar kick in!
"4.33 AM (Running Shoes)" all of it!
"embryo" all of it!
actually there"s more!!! but that's enough.
also basically all instrumentals written by David Gilmour And/or Rick Wright especially :
Terminal Frost, Cluster One, Marooned, (Sweet July), Signs Of Life, Mihalis, Raise My Rent.

by Non-Pink Floyd :
"I Am Your Flesh" the middle part of, whole song "closing in", end of "Omino Post"(whining three guitars!) all by In The Woods .
guitar in "Hope" by Anathema orignally of Gilmour's collaboration with roy harper .
guitar solo in "Ghost In The Ruins" , guitar and piano interplay in"Labyrinths", the guitar on "The Storm" by Savatage.
"The Apocalypse" all of it! and "Atlantis" Agony At June 5th -8498 13 p.m. Gregorian Earthtime" Live, last vocals    accompanied by guitar part by Eloy.
"Blind curve" By Marillion guitar solo in the second part. "In the Wake of Poseidon" Starting mellotron sound, "Epitaph" ending by King Crimson.
"White Eagle" keyboards and "Cool breeze of Brighton" guitar solo by Tangerine Dream.
"The Fountain of Salmacis" the begining and mellotron sound by Genesis.
"How To Disappear Completely" all of it!, "The Tourist" all of it!, "The Pyramid Song" the part where the drums kicks in and "Sail To The Moon" all of it!, all by Radiohead.
"Melancholic" piano solo by Roger Hodgson.
"Words Unspoken" all of it!, sax and guitar solos on" Don't Leave Me Now", piano along with the orchestration on "Soap Box Opera", sax on "Fool's Overture", piano along with sax in"Crime Of The Century" by Supertramp.
"Lunar Sea" all of it!, Lady Fantasy part in "Lady Fantasy", guitar in "Pressure Points" and guitars on "Harbour Of Tears" by Camel.
guitar riffs and melodies on "Windowpane" and "Deliverance" by Opeth.
guitar solo in " La Villa Strangiato" by Rush.
"Play to The world" sax solo,"Suicide-Live tapes" keyboards and vocals and the guitar solo in "Poor Man's Moody Blues-Live at Wembley" by BJH.

ofcourse there's more but it's not a statistic of what i like or was and still affected musically deeply by, but it's a good collection i guess that i just wanted to share it with those who don't know.

well, thanks .

Rob The Plant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 02:34
  1. Robert Plant's emotional vocal's in baby I'm Gonna leave you.
  2. Robert Plant's final vocal's in Stairway to heavenany Zeppelin moment where Page answers plant with his guitar or vica verca (Achilles Last Stand)
  3. Robert Plant's vocals in Going To California- (so Sweet)
  4. Many more Zeppelin moments, too many to list. How can't Robert Plant's voice change you?

Animals has many emotional parts, especially the guitar solo's in Dogs, as well as the very ending of Pigs on the Wing part 2.

Everything in Hocus Pocus really gets to me, but most of all that crazy irratic vocal thing Thijs van Leer does.

Hammil's vocals in Man-Erg. Made me love his voice.

Genesis

1. Foxtrot, Apocalypse in 9/8, as well as willow farm, up to where they all change.
  2. The vocals in The Musical Box, "Now, Now, Now, Now".
  3. Tony Banks' keyboard in Harold th Barrel
  4. Peter Gabriel's mother voice in Getem out by friday

Soory, I can't think much beyond vocals right now. Plant, Hammil, and Gabriel all have that special "je ne sais pas" about their voice that captures you. Pant above any other, which allows them to change my mood insantly.

Collaborators will take your soul.
Valarius View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 06:32
 Post Reply Post Reply