Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEmerson/Lake/Palmer Solo Albums and DVD's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emerson/Lake/Palmer Solo Albums and DVD's
    Posted: January 25 2007 at 02:53
ermm...any reason why they havn't been included?

Keith Emerson has released 2 solo albums (Honky and Changing States),as well as doing film soundtrack music that has been compiled on a 3 CD set 'Emerson at The Movies'.There is also a rarities compilation CD.

Greg Lake has released 2 solo albums with Gary Moore ,a live King Biscuit album as well as a recent DVD.

Carl Palmer has released 2 live albums as well a recent DVD.

I know that Keith Emerson has plans to release a DVD of a live performance with his band from last year.

Any chance they could be considered for inclusion so they can be reviewed?
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 02:59
Keith Emerson was cleared for inclusion a long time ago, but then no one bothered to add him. If you're willing to write up a bio and discography, send them to me and I'll add him very gladly; then you can add the albums yourself.

As to Palmer, Micky has both his solo albums (he got them from me for Xmas, among other thingsWinkHeart), so he could add him, provided we find a category for him. On the other hand, Lake's solo stuff could fit in Prog-Related, as from what I've heard it's the least proggy of the three.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 03:39
All should at least be listed in the "Prog related" category.

If anyone wishes to do so, drop a PM to one of the Admin team. I'm sure the approval to go ahead would be a formality.
salmacis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Content Addition

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 07:14
Greg Lake's two solo albums are nowhere near prog- just AOR, imho. But then his recent live DVD is a great set with King Crimson and ELP tracks, so perhaps that could be enough.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 10:11
Both Emerson and Palmer are in the Master List, among the bands/artists to be debated (n.3). I'd be very happy to add both of them, and I endorse what Bob said concerning the Admin team's approval to their addition. Lake is a different case, though... I don't think adding his DVD only would be the best thing to do, seen as the site owners want complete discographies.

Anyway, let's add Emo and Carl first, then worry about what to do with Greg!Wink
salmacis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Content Addition

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 11:57
^I meant the DVD might be enough to see his complete output through rather than just including the DVD.

Edited by salmacis - January 25 2007 at 11:57
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 12:43
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

Both Emerson and Palmer are in the Master List, among the bands/artists to be debated (n.3). I'd be very happy to add both of them, and I endorse what Bob said concerning the Admin team's approval to their addition. Lake is a different case, though... I don't think adding his DVD only would be the best thing to do, seen as the site owners want complete discographies.

Anyway, let's add Emo and Carl first, then worry about what to do with Greg!Wink

I would agree with you about Lake's solo LPs but don't forget his band play a lot of old ELP stuff at their gigs (at least they did when I last saw them). Wasn't there going to be a ruling that members of prog bands would get their solo stuff in automatically (apart from Phil Collins)?
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 12:56
OK, guys, you've convinced me - I'll put up a thread in the Collabs section in order to see what the best place to add them would be. If any of you (Richardh in particular) wants to provide bios, you can send them to me by PM, and I'll add the three of them crediting whoever wrote the bio.
salmacis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Content Addition

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 15:02
- I love the 'except for Phil Collins' clause. Great stuff! Actually I agree that most anyone else is fair game in the long run...but I am sure somebody had suggested Mike and the Mechanics at some point!!
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 15:10
It was strictly solo work SalmacisWink, and only those from prog bands, not prog related or proto prog. Rutherford's already listed as a solo artist here.

Say it loud, say it clear, you can listen as well as you here.......Embarrassed
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 16:45
Thanks for the responses.
I'll try and put a complete music biography for all three although it won't happen straight away (hopefully within the next week or so).In all three cases there are also 'best of' compilations with a few previously unreleased tracks as well..Greg Lake has put out 2 that I know of.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 18:19
agreed Raff.. and great albums they are....  I'll add Carl Palmer in the days to come.. PR to start.. and as (if?) people check them them our and think he could go elsewhere...  will consider it. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply