Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Laboratorium Anthology 1971 - 1988
    Posted: January 28 2007 at 22:52

FYI:

This boxset of this fusion Polish band is now up for sale (I saw this on Wayside but there is probably on other stores as well).

"

Laboratorium - Anthology 1971 - 1988 (numbered, limited edition 10 CD box set) (price for the USA and possesions only)

Laboratorium are a rather obscure Polish fusion/fusion-progressive band who released 8-9 albums during their lifetime. I had one or two at the time and I remember enjoying them although I must admit I didn't remember them all that well when this arrived. The one CD that I pulled out at random and that I am playing as I write this is pretty damn great. The band was a quintet of piano/ Fender Rhodes/synths, sax/vocals (wordless vocals and quite good too, giving the band a unique flavor in fusion), bass, guitars and drums, with guests at times. There's a lot of Weather Report in their sound and a lot of In A Silent Way as well as other fusion/progressive sounds too, but that gives you an idea of what they are doing. This is all their releases all and an incredible amount of bonus material, all housed in little mini-lp sleeve replicas and all of them 24 bit remastered from the master tapes and put in a nice little box with a big, fat booklet of notes (in English!), information and photos. In addition, it's a hand-numbered limited edition of 1,000. Not a bad price considering how much music you are getting for the money.
  • Label Metal Mind
SKU 19/MMP 10 001
$115

Laboratorium%20-%20Anthology%201971%20-%201988%20%28numbered,%20limited%20edition%2010%20CD%20box%20set%29%20%28price%20for%20the%20USA%20and%20possesions%20only%29%20

Post Reply Post Reply