8 [17.78%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 18:05
Originally posted by andu andu wrote:

@Atkingani - Are you sure you're not a country president? I'm sure I saw you somewhere on the tv...

LampWink
Guigo

~~~~~~
markosherrera View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 20:34
Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

@Atkingani - Are you sure you're not a country president? I'm sure I saw you somewhere on the tv...

LampWink
Guigo ,many people see you like a president...
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 20:43
The man to be defeated... err, the one with beard! LOL

Guigo

~~~~~~
markosherrera View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 20:48
Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

The man to be defeated... err, the one with beard! LOL

In all the photos of Lula with Bush,..Bush seems more happy that Lula...,,
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 22:19
No job for me as of yet...just that student thing.

Personally I love it...at least the not working a "job" job. The student thing varies depending on workload. Tongue
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
explodingjosh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 12:18
For the longest time I wanted to be an Electrical Engineer, mainly because I wanted to design stereos, etc.

But i concluded that an EE has wayyyyy to much responsibilityTongue, and now I'm looking into Audio Engineering (maybe with a math minor). Hopefully you guys might start seeing my name on your CDs.

My goal is to engineer the next Tool cd. And I may just have enough time to finish school and improve my reputation as an Audio Eng before they release itLOL.
cuncuna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 12:22
Somewhat. Desing can be a very fun thing to do, but given that my personal interests are wide and related to all sort of activities, sometimes my actual work steps in the way of otehr things I want to do or try. Quite demanding, sometimes you just can't find time for yourself.

Edited by cuncuna - March 15 2007 at 12:27
ĦBeware of the Bee!

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 15:13

@T - Man, you do have a busy life... When do you get the time to "progelitise"  the PA n00bs?

It's very easy: 4-5 hours a day in School, 5-7 hours a day at work, a worrisome lack of social life CryCry  (I still have to adapt to American life... ), 2-3 hours daily of music... and the rest... that's why any review from me will only arrive on fridays (my day off everything, totally free) or in week-ends (usually I'm free after 5 pm)....Believe me, without job or school, I'd crush many people's posting-records around here...Big%20smile...

Oh, I forgot.... 30-minutes a day to analyze better ways to counterattack those sad DT fanboys around the globe...Big%20smile
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 15:32
I am a psychiatric nurse since 1986 and after all those years I still love my job: helping mainly schizophrenic people to rebuild their lives by searching for a new balance (less pressure, daily structure, finding distraction, etc.). My work alternates from giving medication and having talks about how to cope with their psychiatric disease to cleaning the room and listening to music or even playing guitar with them. Every weekend I organise a music DVD meeting, then we watch Pink Floyd, ELP, Ten Years After, Supertramp, David Bowie or Led Zeppelin because most of them are aged between 30 and 50 and they have pleasant memories about this music Approve It's sometimes a very tough job  but also very grateful and I can put a lot of my enthousism, energy and ideas in it and I have a lot of freedom to do my job, not many 'chiefs' around because that's doesn't match with my authority -conflict LOL
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 15:52
I'm lucky enough not to have a job. Big%20smile
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 04:43
Originally posted by erik neuteboom erik neuteboom wrote:

I am a psychiatric nurse since 1986 and after all those years I still love my job: helping mainly schizophrenic people to rebuild their lives by searching for a new balance (less pressure, daily structure, finding distraction, etc.). My work alternates from giving medication and having talks about how to cope with their psychiatric disease to cleaning the room and listening to music or even playing guitar with them. Every weekend I organise a music DVD meeting, then we watch Pink Floyd, ELP, Ten Years After, Supertramp, David Bowie or Led Zeppelin because most of them are aged between 30 and 50 and they have pleasant memories about this music Approve It's sometimes a very tough job  but also very grateful and I can put a lot of my enthousism, energy and ideas in it and I have a lot of freedom to do my job, not many 'chiefs' around because that's doesn't match with my authority -conflict LOL

Therapy through prog - I love it! Seriously though, I'm impressed with your obvious love of what you do, especially as I'd imagine it can be extremely challenging at times - all power to you

Personally - I work in credit control (have done similar for most of my working life); I'm very good at it, but I wouldn't say I particularly enjoy, or dislike the job (although I do like the people I work with, which is a bonus) - as far as I'm concerned, it's just a job, pure & simple. It means the bills are paid, there's food on the table & we can go for a beer when we want to - I'm not ambitious, career-wise (that way lies stress & disappointment) and I refuse to be defined by my career. In short, I work to live, not vice versa.

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 05:54
I'm a physical therapist for a professional basketball team by day, drummer for a metal band by night. . I enjoy and love what I do. Decent pay, I only got to work for 4 hours a day, 6 days a week, free use of the team's gym and spa. Big%20smile

Edited by Majestic_Mayhem - March 16 2007 at 05:57

erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 09:04

Thanks Jim Thumbs%20Up Did you know that it turned out that
                      the Mellotron works better than the average 'downer' 
                             to make somebody feel relaxed ....Wink ?

And to Majestic Mayhem: you seem to use your hands 24 hours a day,
                    have you insured your hands like David Beckham his legs?        LOL

Wilcey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 10:31
I think to really love what you do for a living is a real blessing, I have had some really grotty jobs, and some good jobs, and I completely admire those with true vocational calling.
Erik, it sounds like you do a marvellous job in a difficult field, well done you!

It sounds like you have a healthy attitude Jim, getting the right work/life balance is something a lot of people struggle with.

I think I am happiest in my current occupation because I 100% believe in what I do, when it is hard, or when I am tired, I still believe in what I do, and that's what keeps us going.

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 11:07
I'm a consultant in the area of software and systems engineering, and recently I was also made responsible for managing a 4 headed sales team on that same topic. Interesting, with technical as well as business issues to deal with - but momentarily very time consuming, I may need an 8 day working week for the next two months.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
mystic fred View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 11:21
I have a lively and interesting job many would run a mile from - i am a security officer in a local tertiary college, that is 6th form teenagers from a myriad of ethnic backgrounds and cultures, including asbo's.
 do i enjoy it? of course! the work can be very demanding of your patience sometimes and is not without risk, but careful diplomacy and a sense of humour wins through in most situations, it  becomes something of an art, some try and get one over on you all the time. most of the students are fine and work hard to get into Uni, but you always get a handful who want to test you out.
today we've had them playing football in the car park and water fights - a quiet day! Confused
 i've survived nearly ten years in this occupation with hardly a scratch, so i must be doing something right Wink 
 it's very rewarding when some come back and see you after a few years and have made something of themselves.

Edited by mystic fred - March 16 2007 at 18:13
Prog Archives Tour Van
Nash View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 17:07
I dont have a job, im a medicine studient, I start the university this year

progadicto View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 21:43
Yes... I'm journalist. Actually I'm Press Chief of a Film Festival so... yes, I'm happy even when I have to be in the office almost 10-12 hours per day...
... E N E L B U N K E R...
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 22:25
<<I think to really love what you do for a living is a real blessing>>

Man, how true that is. I hate to think what would've happened if I hadn't gone to college. For 5 years after high school I worked at a grocery store. I didn't mind it, but really wasn't going anywhere. Then in 1989 I was fired for doing something really stupid (I was a kid...and not a very smart one). The next year I went from one dead end job to the next, but then I decided to go to college. Sold my car and started the Fall of 1990 and made it all the way through with a degree (even accepted into Clemson's graduate program, but really didn't want to stay in school) and now doing what I never thought possible. Funny how life works.

E
Pablo_P View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 16:42
I am a student, now I work (for two monts) in a local factory as an operator of machines such: pipe bending machine, leak detection machine and some others but I don't know their english names...
Anyway, we produce the car air conditioning pipes or something like that - I don't really know the english name for that
Anyway, I really like my current job much more than my previous one (I worked ina bank)...
Pablo P.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>