3 [16.67%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brave
    Posted: March 19 2007 at 23:06
Not much more I can say really about this disc. It's my single most enjoyable listening experience and I never get tired of it. A complete assault on my senses and I can't thank the band enough for giving me this gift. A true masterpiece.

"The Great Escape" gets my vote. I question a person who accuses Hogarth of being void of passion and emotion. He definitely takes his game to another level with Brave. One member basically called him a whimp. Hardly.

E
Cygnus X-2 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 23:08
Either Brave or The Great Escape... I'll probably go with the latter as it was the first Hogarth Marillion song I heard and I loved it from the first listen.
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 23:10
Originally posted by Cygnus X-2 Cygnus X-2 wrote:

Either Brave or The Great Escape... I'll probably go with the latter as it was the first Hogarth Marillion song I heard and I loved it from the first listen.

"Brave" could easily be a favorite, as it's in my top 3 or 4. I love to crank Brave anyway; however, from Brave on it's especially effective. Beautiful song.

E
Cygnus X-2 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 23:16
Originally posted by E-Dub E-Dub wrote:

Originally posted by Cygnus X-2 Cygnus X-2 wrote:

"Brave" could easily be a favorite, as it's in my top 3 or 4. I love to crank Brave anyway; however, from Brave on it's especially effective. Beautiful song.

E

I just love how ethereal and ambient the track is, really creates a jaw-dropping atmosphere.
The Miracle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 23:21
I'll go with Brave... I find the album a little dull though... still 4 stars.
Uroboros View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 00:49
1.The Great Escape
2.Hollow Man
3.Made Again
Tous les chemins
qui s’ouvrent à moi
ne mènent à rien si tu n’es plus là
Forgotten Son View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 06:51
1. Made Again
2. Alone in the Lap of Luxury
3. Bridge/Living with the Big Lie
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 07:05
You're losing me now......
Kill Fede View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 07:19
Bridge/Living With The Big Lie.Another incredible songSmile
salmacis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Content Addition

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 07:42
I found this a very hard album to get into, but I think I have now, even if I prefer Season's End and Afraid Of Sunlight. My fave track is Hard As Love- that Hammond organ break is pure class.
Moogtron III View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 08:07
Lap Of Luxury followed by Hollow Man
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 08:13
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Well, if you haven't figured out that I'm going in order, then you were lost WELL before I started these.

Besides, I'm not exactly doing these just for you. Sorry, but true.

E
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 09:01
Bridge/Living With The Big Lie. 
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 09:18

Well, if you haven't figured out that I'm going in order, then you were lost WELL before I started these.

Besides, I'm not exactly doing these just for you. Sorry, but true.

E

I know that you are doing them in order, that much is obvious, sorry but it is. You lose me because I don't like Brave much and I can't actually remeber any seperate tracks...its just a blur.

Don't be sorry, I know these polls aren't specifically for me, just thought I'd toss in an opinion. From now on I won't enter these polls. (Voted The Party in the laST ONE)
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 09:30

Well, if you haven't figured out that I'm going in order, then you were lost WELL before I started these. Besides, I'm not exactly doing these just for you. Sorry, but true. E

I know that you are doing them in order, that much is obvious, sorry but it is. You lose me because I don't like Brave much and I can't actually remeber any seperate tracks...its just a blur.

Don't be sorry, I know these polls aren't specifically for me, just thought I'd toss in an opinion. From now on I won't enter these polls. (Voted The Party in the laST ONE)

I pretty much got the idea that you weren't a huge Marillion fan around the Clutching At Straws polls when I read these one line posts essentially saying you didn't like the album. That's totally fine by me. Believe me, I've been here long enough to know that my tastes differs from the majority on this list.

I did originate these polls for people who like and appreciate both eras of Marillion, and are looking forward to the release of the next disc. Just want it to be known that everyone is welcome to participate. Just like for it to remain positive, however.

E

Edited by E-Dub - March 20 2007 at 09:42
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 10:45

Well, if you haven't figured out that I'm going in order, then you were lost WELL before I started these. Besides, I'm not exactly doing these just for you. Sorry, but true. E

I pretty much got the idea that you weren't a huge Marillion fan around the Clutching At Straws polls when I read these one line posts essentially saying you didn't like the album. That's totally fine by me. Believe me, I've been here long enough to know that my tastes differs from the majority on this list.

I did originate these polls for people who like and appreciate both eras of Marillion, and are looking forward to the release of the next disc. Just want it to be known that everyone is welcome to participate. Just like for it to remain positive, however.

E

I think you are mistaking me with someone else. Clutching At Straws is my favourite Marillion album. A real gem!

Edited by Snow Dog - March 20 2007 at 10:45
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 10:54

I pretty much got the idea that you weren't a huge Marillion fan around the Clutching At Straws polls when I read these one line posts essentially saying you didn't like the album. That's totally fine by me. Believe me, I've been here long enough to know that my tastes differs from the majority on this list. I did originate these polls for people who like and appreciate both eras of Marillion, and are looking forward to the release of the next disc. Just want it to be known that everyone is welcome to participate. Just like for it to remain positive, however. E

I think you are mistaking me with someone else. Clutching At Straws is my favourite Marillion album. A real gem!

No, right member, wrong poll. Per the Misplaced Childhood poll: Soon be getting to an album I actually like.

My mistake. Sorry.

E
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 10:59

I pretty much got the idea that you weren't a huge Marillion fan around the Clutching At Straws polls when I read these one line posts essentially saying you didn't like the album. That's totally fine by me. Believe me, I've been here long enough to know that my tastes differs from the majority on this list. I did originate these polls for people who like and appreciate both eras of Marillion, and are looking forward to the release of the next disc. Just want it to be known that everyone is welcome to participate. Just like for it to remain positive, however. E

No, right member, wrong poll. Per the Misplaced Childhood poll: Soon be getting to an album I actually like.

My mistake. Sorry.

E

You know what, I'll never mention my dislike of Marillion again. Its getting a bit old now!Hug

Anyway......I have Marbles to listen too later, maybe I'll be able to voyte in that poll!
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 12:12

No, right member, wrong poll. Per the Misplaced Childhood poll: Soon be getting to an album I actually like. My mistake. Sorry. E

You know what, I'll never mention my dislike of Marillion again. Its getting a bit old now!Hug

Anyway......I have Marbles to listen too later, maybe I'll be able to voyte in that poll!

I do agree that it's getting old; however, if you look back to my original response, I NEVER had a problem with your views on Marillion. I could care less what you or anyone else likes. It's your prerogative to like or dislike any band. I even said I was fine with it...and I am.

All I was asking was a contribution to the poll...and it doesn't matter which band is in the poll. I don't believe I'm out of line for expecting members to add something useful to the thread. If I was, then I'll man up and apologize.

I'm good on this end.

E
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 12:28

I do agree that it's getting old; however, if you look back to my original response, I NEVER had a problem with your views on Marillion. I could care less what you or anyone else likes. It's your prerogative to like or dislike any band. I even said I was fine with it...and I am.

All I was asking was a contribution to the poll...and it doesn't matter which band is in the poll. I don't believe I'm out of line for expecting members to add something useful to the thread. If I was, then I'll man up and apologize.

I'm good on this end.

E

I never once thought you had a problem with me. You have been as you always are, a perfect Gentleman.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>