Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRandom Deeds + Combination Head

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Deeds + Combination Head
    Posted: March 29 2007 at 14:45

Hello fellow progheads.

In the Symphonic Prog Appreciation Thread I already wrote about the new Hungarian band Random Deeds and the new UK band Combination Head. Because of the positive reactions on their music I propose to add these bands to Prog Archives:

Combination Head info: www.combinationhead.com 
Random Deeds info: www.randomdeeds.com

Any thoughts about the genres?

Edited by erik neuteboom - March 30 2007 at 18:38
progismylife View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 16:19
I am listening to the samples of Random Deeds on their website. It is interesting. Very cool Erik. Thumbs%20Up

Edited by progismylife - March 29 2007 at 16:19
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 16:44

Thanks for participating Progismylife Thumbs%20Up
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2007 at 04:47
I will add Combination Head and Random Deeds to this site in the category Art-rock in the forthcoming weeks.
By the way, I can understand that Jon Lord is more interesting than one of these two bands but I don't understand that nobody of one of the many teams joins this thread and shows any interest Unhappy If Prog Archives wants to be the biggest progrock site, we also have to concentrate on lesser known or unknown bands. I keep on saying this because in my opinion The Forum has become too popular: it's so time-consuming and such a temptation for many collaborators that they loose interest in visiting this kind of threads. I notice that when I started to write for Prog Archives in early 2004 the situation was way better on this point... nowadays the threads about our personal life are flooding this kind of threads ... not a pleasant reality for me because this site should be about interesting progrock/rock bands, rather than all those endless and repetetive threads and frequent non-music discussions .....Dead

Edited by erik neuteboom - March 30 2007 at 18:38
Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2007 at 09:45
I read about RANDOM DEEDS on GEPR and already wrote them down into my "to-get" wishlist. Gonna check!
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 04:39

How sad and in my view incomprehensible that the promising and quite acclaimed new bands Combination Head and Random Deeds are frequently mentioned and reviewed on many progrock sites and almost ignored on Prog Archives .... but nonetheless 42 views and two replies, it goes better and better.......... let's hope time is on our side LOL

Edited by erik neuteboom - March 31 2007 at 04:48
Norbert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 05:07
Good that Random Deeds are going to be included.
I've got to check Combination Head out yet.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 06:28
Let me know what you think about Combination Head and Random Deeds on the Symphonic Prog Apperciation Thread, Norbert, thanks for checking out and I hope to add Random Deeds and Combination Head this weekend. The biographies will be very short but for me it's more important to let the progheads on Prog Archives discover these new and promising progrock bands Thumbs%20Up
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 07:34
hmm...  can't speak for Rico or David... but haven't seen any direct request from you to add these groups. I suppose you know we have a page in the collab area... take a minute and clue us in, or start a thread in the collab area, before the pity parties LOL I will take these two and put them on our list...they will be looked at by the AR team....  if you want to have a say... join a team Erik. Spare the emoticons Erik... we are busy Erik... and don't notice every request coming in on this page.  We deal with bands that come from the submissions team or directly via PM from members.  We have enough from that to keep us busy enough..

Edited by micky - March 31 2007 at 07:35
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 09:27
Well Norbert, I have another interesting Hungarian folkrock band for a possible addition, ever heard of :

Szkitia with their album Ketezer eves enek?
 Post Reply Post Reply