Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Album Covers and Artist Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 130>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2016 at 08:19
Still learning the ropes, mate, still learning...
Anyways, I left a word there and let's see what comes up (if anything - the smoke in there is really intense)LOL
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2016 at 08:28
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Still learning the ropes, mate, still learning...
Anyways, I left a word there and let's see what comes up (if anything - the smoke in there is really intense)LOL

lots of ropes to learn. The nice thing is ... you all pretty much have the artistic freedom we never had. Always having the admins breathing down our necks that we might do something.. unapproved. Or perhaps it was just me and my teams.  They never did like me or feared the worst from me LOLHeart

Uwe is the man.  That is one docile genre team, one of the few actually I never worked on.  I was the middle of my 20 year abstinence from that sh*t man (since broken by partying  with Cheyenne and Ut Gret at Progday LOL) and didn't think it was a good idea to join them.  Though I always enjoyed working with them, contact highs rule.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2016 at 05:47
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1885

A little too gorish to my taste, but that's not the question, just find this one more adequate,  and you?

NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2016 at 07:59
^ I've found a bit better

But can't change the pic. Something's wrong with updating artist images.

Posted the problem in "Report bugs" section. Waiting for the sun M@X to come.

Edited by NotAProghead - September 20 2016 at 08:12
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2016 at 08:08
^ OK,  it's the current line-up with Mikannibal (?), but only since 2010 (the band started in 1989)

But you're right, I also prefer the girl in first plan Big smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2016 at 08:17
^ Depends on a girl, this one, for example,
is a bit dirty to my taste. Wink

Edited by NotAProghead - September 20 2016 at 08:18
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2016 at 09:00
^ Hummmm, red pesto, my favourite Italian sauce (tomatoes, basil and garlic) Thumbs Up
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2016 at 09:39
^ No, real innocent blood, I swear!
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2016 at 11:24
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2019

Something less ... strange !

Edited by Quinino - September 24 2016 at 11:25
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2016 at 13:13
^ What's wrong with the "strange" pic from the band's website?
At least it shows some originality. There are pictures of about 30 000 long-haired men on PA, five more or five less does not make a big difference. Smile 

Edited by NotAProghead - September 24 2016 at 13:14
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2016 at 14:47
^ Look, Eugene, not that it makes any difference for me or anyone else, I suppose, but IMO it's not a picture to represent the band, at least in a proper way (I can see no woman on the line-up, past or present).

Actually, it's an original  photo composition which made the cover of a sole US edition, you can see it here:

https://www.discogs.com/Orphaned-Land-The-Never-Ending-Way-Of-ORwarriOR/release/2845687

In fact I sympathize with the idea of religious tolerance that seems to be portrayed, but THAT is not the question.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2016 at 15:18
actually I like that band pic.. and definitely a better choice than the electric blue one.. or the one with them looking up like that... freaks me out.

besides to Eugenes point.. we like our pictures of long haired men on PA'rs LOL...  it seems we are overrun with short haired guys or worse.. balding old farts. It may be prog.. but damnit man.. it still can be rock and ROLL! Long hair rules...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2016 at 15:36
You two are so damned wrong !
As everybody else knows, rockers LOVE naked scalps (some Freudian explanation I can't now remember)
Need a proof... LOL

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2016 at 15:59
oh who doesn't love those small dicked baldheaded security beefcakes

that go down hard when you bust their knees with bar stools..
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2016 at 16:06

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1885

A little too gorish to my taste, but that's not the question, just find this one more adequate,  and you?

ahhhhhh Shocked..... please don't tell me you selected that pic....  I need to learn not to drink and drive in this thread. I about lost my bladder scrolling up there... LOL

Edited by micky - September 24 2016 at 16:06
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2016 at 16:20
as you probably have noticed gorgeous women are scarce in these whereabouts so as much as I try we'll always end up with a bunch of more or less horrible blokes in menacing poses that seem to so convey their sense of what artistic integrity and seriousness must look like to the potential market of such grand oeuvres they are trying with extreme difficulty to sell to us music lovers of assorted tastes and preferences
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2016 at 16:29
yeah.. but this is prog... home of the wimpy sober overly intellectual and sexual challenged. They aren't supposed to be tough or menacing.

However I suppose every group can't have pictures like this hiding in the closet.. LOL

Edited by micky - September 24 2016 at 16:29
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2016 at 16:49
We're going from bad to worse, here, let's stop this outrageous exposition of human vanity and silliness  LOL
(well, times change and I don't know how our present ways will be judged in a couple of years on matters of taste - or lack of it ?)

Edited by Quinino - September 24 2016 at 16:54
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2016 at 16:58
yeah... I suppose I am a bad influence.  Things do tend a tendency to go from bad to worse when I'm around...

that said... long hair.. like rock and roll.. will never die... it is the expression of rebellion and as long as we have young and young at heart... you'll have that man.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2016 at 19:16

^ Look, Eugene, not that it makes any difference for me or anyone else, I suppose, but IMO it's not a picture to represent the band, at least in a proper way (I can see no woman on the line-up, past or present).

Actually, it's an original  photo composition which made the cover of a sole US edition, you can see it here:

https://www.discogs.com/Orphaned-Land-The-Never-Ending-Way-Of-ORwarriOR/release/2845687

In fact I sympathize with the idea of religious tolerance that seems to be portrayed, but THAT is not the question.

OK, done. Long hair, no girls "and no religion too". 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 130>