Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSteve Hogarth vs Phil Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: who is/was more important to their band ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [15.69%]
43 [84.31%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 20:37
Originally posted by lighthouse lighthouse wrote:

Originally posted by Flip_Stone Flip_Stone wrote:

Goofy poll.  Why compare these two persons?  That should be explained.
Both of these guys have been criticized by certain forum members in the past so I put this poll together to illustrate a point .    Smile

Yeah, I didn't get why this person called it goofy, either. It makes perfect sense to me.

E
progadicto View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 20:53
I vote Collins. As a drummer he did great things during the Gabriel era and he was capable to face the enormous challenge to replace Gabriel... Ok, Phil, Mike and Tony turned Genesis into a pop band at the 80's but the band still is part of the music history...

Hoggarth was very inffluential too as Marillion vocalist and lyricist. As Phil he had to replace an awsome band lider like Fish and he did a great job but I really think that Phil had more balls when he became Genesis vocalist and "leader"...
... E N E L B U N K E R...
lighthouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 23:11
Originally posted by progadicto progadicto wrote:

I vote Collins. As a drummer he did great things during the Gabriel era and he was capable to face the enormous challenge to replace Gabriel... Ok, Phil, Mike and Tony turned Genesis into a pop band at the 80's but the band still is part of the music history...

Hoggarth was very inffluential too as Marillion vocalist and lyricist. As Phil he had to replace an awsome band lider like Fish and he did a great job but I really think that Phil had more balls when he became Genesis vocalist and "leader"...
but in the 80`s prog had some kind of "identity" problem  lots of bands got confused about thier "progressive' natures around this peroid,   Kansas did .. so did Rush to some extent  Yes churned out CD`s like 90125  and Tull started sounding like Dire Straits. The 80`s was a generation that said Greed is Good  and the mentality of what was good was what sold like hot cakes ... I don`t blame genesis  for falling victum to the times then ....  but I do now (well since the 90`s) , because prog these days is profitable again so there is no excuse !  If I could play prog  I`d play prog

markosherrera View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 19:25
The voice of Collins have more feeling and personality and is better
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12