Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What prog DVD are you watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 31>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 16:13
Tonight's dinner DVD

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51R34JWP83L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 18:35
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Tonight's dinner DVD

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51R34JWP83L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I may have to pop that one in next myself.  The shows are short but there are two and a bonus of Jan and Paco de Lucia improvising, Jan on lute...
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 18:39
Yeah, it's good stuff, ain't it?  Clap

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 19:19
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 20:11
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Hadn't heard of that one.  Is it as good as the cover makes it look?
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 21:00
^It is good...I am a big Genesis fan. Its their famous 1973 16mm film. Because of that it is dark lighted (old concerts). You can search for it online, I don't remember which site I bought it from. I bet Amazon has it...
And yes Peter is in full garb...first song Watcher/Skies...he's pretty freaky looking....ohhh scary!!! LOL

I like it.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2010 at 20:55
After I get my political junkie fix over, I've got three bonus DVDs that came with CDs: The Genesis Duke tour that comes with the new Duke remaster, excellent set though short.  The first time I saw them was either on this tour or the one before.  I think it was this one.  Los Endos endoses with a big blast of fog machine.  I don't know when the last concert with fog machines was that I've been to.  They were kind of uhm "cool". LOL

The Primus video that comes with Animals Should Not Try To Act Like People.  Actually more of DVD with a bonus audio EP, this was what hooked me on Primus, the videos are very funny and the music is great.  The main section ends with a version of The Devil Went Down To Georgia.  Now I'm still up rather late and pondering whether I want to explore the other parts of the DVD.  Nah, move on to this and get to bed:

Steely Dan video that comes with Everything Must Go.  The last one is a low priority as it really isn't music video but the guys going around in a taxi and picking up chicks. LOL

Edited by Slartibartfast - May 15 2010 at 00:42

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 18:00
Well, not prog, but rock-umentary dvd.  This was a very interesting spin for White Stripes fans.  They are filmed moving across Canada, doing a tour of small towns which included impromptu shows at bowling alleys and rec centers in the afternoons, before the "real" shows.  The surprise shows were very cool to see, as some occurred in little towns that rarely get concerts from major bands. 

It is also a very intimate and poignant documentary look at a band probably nearing the end of their career.  At times they both look pretty exhausted by the experience and Meg has had anxiety issues about live shows.   You can kind of tell by watching their body language that they are drinking in the experience as if it might not go on much longer. 

The final scene is quite emotional, and I've read some viewers cry during it.  I won't give it away, but let's just say Jack and Meg obviously still care very much about each other.  Essential viewing if you like this band. 

http://weblogs.dailypress.com/entertainment/music/pop/blog/whiteStripes.jpg

Queen By-Tor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queen By-Tor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 18:13
^^^You can see myself and my girlfriend for a split second if you look really closely in one of the final crowd shots at Deer Lake Park, Burnaby
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 18:23
Awesome Mike!  Must have been a memorable show, eh?

Queen By-Tor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queen By-Tor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 18:33
It was amazing... we have the poster from it in our living room and the vinyl of Icky Thump, both of which somehow survived us struggling to keep our spot in the front row we waited in line for 6 hours to get those spots and then sprinted into the park when we were finally let in. It rained the right up until the Stripes got on stage

you can see the poster in this pic... kind of - I'm wearing a shirt from the show too. The posters are all limited edition and different for every venue.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2010 at 19:05
Great picture man!

So how were the Stripes from the front row?    Good energy?

deafmoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 07:55
Just picked up Emerson. Lake and Palmer Beyond The Beginning. Wow ! Lot's a great stuff including Pirates with full orchestra done in Montreal in 1977. Awesome!!!!
Deafmoon
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2010 at 17:40
This was in the mailbox when I got back to the apartment:

Feel free to guess what I'll be watching after dinner... Big smile

NecronCommander View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Metal Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NecronCommander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2010 at 17:53
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2010 at 12:44
Last night, the third of my You Tube compilation videos on burned DVD:

Dogs - Pink Floyd
The Smile Has Left Your Eyes (live) - Asia
Ol' Red Eyes (Top of the Pops) - Beautiful South
Catch the Rainbow - Rainbow
In the Air Tonight (live) - Collins & Clapton
Flute solo (live) - Jethro Tull
Running Up That Hill (live) - Kate Bush, featuring David Gilmour
Julie (live) - The Levellers
Real Tears for Sale (live) - Marillion
TBII (live) - Mike Oldfield
Man in the Rain (Live) - Mike Oldfield
Won't get fooled Again - Pete Townsend
On The Turning Away (live) - Pink Floyd
Since you've been Gone - Rainbow
Just a Boy - Roger Daltrey
The Pass - Rush
Limelight (live) - Rush
Hairless Heart/Firth of Fifth (live) - Steve Hackett
Come Dancing - The Kinks
G Man - Tansads
Turn of the Century (live) - Yes

Followed by:

Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2010 at 13:31
Marillion - Recital of the Script
himtroy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote himtroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2010 at 14:44
I was planning on watching through a Zappa concert I have, but then realised I'm going to see Gov't Mule tonight.  I'm pretty pumped...as evidenced by this irrelevant comment.
Which of you to gain me, tell, will risk uncertain pains of hell?
I will not forgive you if you will not take the chance.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2010 at 15:19
^ I got that one, verry nice.
I've got loaded:

Also loaded:

and the DVD for this:

on my pending pile the video DVD that comes with this:

Slip CD

Nine Inch Nails
and the DVD version of Canyon Dreams:

also this:

Edited by Slartibartfast - July 25 2010 at 15:24

Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 12:24
Rush - R30

Bought the deluxe edition for 11.95€ today. Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 31>