FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 18:43
Reed Lover wrote:

So I am wrong and you falling out with other members is pure coincidence?Confused

Dunno if you realise this but you seem to have a small fan club here & yes you have influence over them to fire bullets...I'm snapping at them as there feedback smacks of your own at times...

Christ this is complicated..Um!

You just do not get it do you????

Likewise!!

You are the least popular member on the forum,but still you cant equate the negative feelings you inspire with anything that might be remotely your own doing! Embarrassed

Inspired by your feedback of course.Saying that how many actually use it from day to day..a dozen?

I've read Linda's feedback to yourself which looked to me as a guenuine plee to bury the hatchet & cut the sh*t,you have agreed a one point only to start up again.

I'm asking you for the last time now!I don't carry on like this in my home & certainly don't want this to happen on here...

Pack it in Reed.

Téléphone service commercial : 666

CrimsonKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 18:46

WE MAY BE HEADING FOR.....11 PAGES!!!

RED EYE
Cygnus X-2 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 18:49

Let the good times roll!!!!

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 18:50

KingCrimson wrote:

WE MAY BE HEADING FOR.....11 PAGES!!!

1824 Viewers..Fantastic.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 18:53
keep in mind that the last few (maybe 1/2... hell the entire thing) pages have just been one long... long... l       o       n       g... LONG argument...

Edited by Cygnus X-2
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 18:55

Cygnus X-2 wrote:

keep in mind that the last few (maybe 1/2... hell the entire thing) pages have just been one long... long... l       o       n       g... LONG argument...

Any you've not had your hands in the whole eposodes somewhere?

Téléphone service commercial : 2112

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 18:59
Are ELP the new Mariah Carey?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 19:02

They may well be...

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 19:02
Originally posted by Karnevil9 Karnevil9 wrote:

Cygnus X-2 wrote:

Any you've not had your hands in the whole eposodes somewhere?

Téléphone service commercial : 2112

I'll admit to contributing to this War and Peace sized debate.

CrimsonKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 19:04

Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Are ELP the new Mariah Carey?

H   ELP

Edited by CrimsonKing
RED EYE
goose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 19:12

Last time i replied to you goose i said go away...this still applies..

Do you have a real grievance with me? Or are these just random personal attacks? I don't know (or much care) who fired the first shot in "Reed vs. Karn Evil 9" (and presumably you each believe the other did). The one time I have even remotely confronted you was when you posted in the Estradasphere thread. I can't remember my exact words, nor find the thread at the minute. But the reason I did confront you then is because you insulted a band I like, after repeatedly flying off the handle at anybody cricitising ELP. For the record, I like ELP's first five records. They're not my favourite band, but there's certainly a time and a place for me to listen to them.

If you think I'm one of Reed Lover's "cronies" (and I must admit that for whatever reasons, some members of this forum do seem to be blindly following him. I'm not saying that they are blindly following him, but that's the impression they give from their posts), I take no side whatsoever in this argument, which I genuinely believe exceeds in magnitude anything I've observed since being about 12 or 13 at school.

If you do have a genuine problem with anything I've said, please post me a link and I will happily apologise for it. But whatever you do, stop trying to bait me. The post that you quoted in the post that I quoted in this post (confusing, but it makes sense) was not an offensive one, and in the future I would prefer if similar posts by me were met either by civil replies or by no replies at all. As I said earlier, if I have inadvertantly offended you (other than by suggesting ELP are other than perfect), then simply link me to the post and you shall have my unreserved apologies. 

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 19:16
Originally posted by goose goose wrote:

Last time i replied to you goose i said go away...this still applies..

Do you have a real grievance with me? Or are these just random personal attacks? I don't know (or much care) who fired the first shot in "Reed vs. Karn Evil 9" (and presumably you each believe the other did). The one time I have even remotely confronted you was when you posted in the Estradasphere thread. I can't remember my exact words, nor find the thread at the minute. But the reason I did confront you then is because you insulted a band I like, after repeatedly flying off the handle at anybody cricitising ELP. For the record, I like ELP's first five records. They're not my favourite band, but there's certainly a time and a place for me to listen to them.

If you think I'm one of Reed Lover's "cronies" (and I must admit that for whatever reasons, some members of this forum do seem to be blindly following him. I'm not saying that they are blindly following him, but that's the impression they give from their posts), I take no side whatsoever in this argument, which I genuinely believe exceeds in magnitude anything I've observed since being about 12 or 13 at school.

If you do have a genuine problem with anything I've said, please post me a link and I will happily apologise for it. But whatever you do, stop trying to bait me. The post that you quoted in the post that I quoted in this post (confusing, but it makes sense) was not an offensive one, and in the future I would prefer if similar posts by me were met either by civil replies or by no replies at all. As I said earlier, if I have inadvertantly offended you (other than by suggesting ELP are other than perfect), then simply link me to the post and you shall have my unreserved apologies. 

frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 19:20
ELP smell like wee
so said she to he

shoulda saved that for the rhyming couplets thread
oh well i guess it time for me to go to bed

ah crap, i cant stop talking in rhyming couplets
erm... erm... hmm... what about... damn i lost it.
The Worthless Recluse
frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 19:22

PS...

greg lake is so fat that he cant eat out of a cereal bowl unless a lifeguard is present.

The Worthless Recluse
Lunarscape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 19:37
Originally posted by frenchie frenchie wrote:

PS...

greg lake is so fat that he cant eat out of a cereal bowl unless a lifeguard is present.

Music Is The Soul Bird That Flies In The Immense Heart Of The Listener . . .
threefates View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 20:00
Originally posted by goose goose wrote:

...If you think I'm one of Reed Lover's "cronies" (and I must admit that for whatever reasons, some members of this forum do seem to be blindly following him. I'm not saying that they are blindly following him, but that's the impression they give from their posts), I take no side whatsoever in this argument, which I genuinely believe exceeds in magnitude anything I've observed since being about 12 or 13 at school.

ahhh finally... an enlightened one!!

THIS IS ELP
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 20:11
goose wrote:

No Goose no grievence against you at all.I'd seen a lot of critising ELP & you did actually pop something in the reply around the same kinda note,i don't quite remember exactly what..The responce was based around a following thread ie:Estrassphere,i appreciate your liking for the band & yes i have a few efforts by the band,but i find all this new stuff pawned off as prog totally terrible,i also get tired of new bands trying to keep the prog scence up on it's feet when everyone knows damn well the cream dela creme of prog passed away under the punk revolution & never recovered.Times have changed & the styles have gone so why persue a style of music giving it a bad name to boot. 

I'm glad you admitted some members follow suite cos your damn right & prooves it's not me going crazy..I do apologise for being snappy but you came at the wrong time with the wrong offering...Sorry.

phone service commercial : 90125

James Lee View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 20:12
KE9's last post was left-justified with a reasonable-sized font. That's a good step in the right direction!
gdub411 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 21:38

So now I qualify as a Reed Lover crony. I assure you I have my own opinion and I think I have seen enough ELP threads to last a lifetime.

I am so tired of them I think I'll burn their cds.

Thanks for ruining a band I used to like KE9.

Eddy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 21:56
jeezY! its amazing how us proggers can argue. we have such passion for our music, cant we all juts get along?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>