Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFerris Mudd (Art Rock)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ferris Mudd (Art Rock)
    Posted: June 11 2007 at 21:10
This band's from Alabama.

From the Prognaut Webzine

Ferris Mudd combines the classic era sound progressive rock with more modern bands such as Spock's Beard, Radiohead, Marillion, and Porcupine Tree. This combination goes beyond the typical clone bands with something fresh sounding, at least to my ears. This band has such great potential to be spoken in the same sentence as any of the bands mentioned above. This is one of my favorite independent releases of 2006, and ranks quite high I might add. The band has a page at MySpace so you can check out their music for yourself and see that the self-titled debut by Ferris Mudd is must have addition to your music collection.

http://www.ferrismudd.com
www.myspace.com/ferrismudd
asimplemistake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 16:46
Thanks again Comfortably Numb.  We'll get these guys into the Suggest New Bands section, seeing as though they have released a self-titled album out.

They have a great sound.  I like hearing the lighter modern bands, mostly because I'm used to hearing a lot of Metal in the progressive scene.  Time to Fly is a wonderful song with great melodies, it's maybe my favorite track I've heard.  The other songs are all great, a nice influence from the big prog bands of the 70's.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2008 at 06:43
Moved for evaluation. I'd say the collected Art Rock teams (Heavy, Xover and Eclectic) have a listen first.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply