Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVenus Bites... Electronic Prog?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Venus Bites... Electronic Prog?
    Posted: June 15 2007 at 07:12
I find this project on myspace. They say:

"Seventies pioneers. Venus Bites is the meaning of underground new age. Electronic creations look out for virgin spaces. This project was the banner of a strange and experimental generation. Names like Popol Vuh, Cluster, Jeff Wayne or Far East Family Band stay in the mind of the listener when he explores the Venus Bites world. Their first LP “Unlike Bite Unlike Site!” (1972) break the rules of the Sintetizers. Ritual posse and freewheel concept of the music business put Venus Bites out of any possibilities of commercial success. “V Of Venus” (1974) was the second album. Now the idea of a compilation like “Friday Morning Sound Therapy” tries to recover some classics recorders of that genius".

Do you know this band? I can't recognise Venus Bites but I like their style. I want more info about this project.

Edited by ADRIANGALES - June 15 2007 at 07:20
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2007 at 07:32
Popul Vuh have open sound, Cluster's best is experimental, Jeff Wayne and Far East Family Band pioneers little electronic, maybe the instrumentality if keen on such sparks.

I, more unfortunately than positively, can't feel an excess of great electronic moves. Plastic senses, keen ambient ragged notes, sci-fi under-breaking typical sounds, mechanical music. Kind of strange (and much simple) for the 70s, maybe under the electro-acoustic shudder.

Maybe Venus Bites complete the sphere of the decade's best electronic phasing, but I doubt it. We'll accord some time discussing it, yet...
ADRIANGALES View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2007 at 07:46
Thank you for your words

Edited by ADRIANGALES - June 15 2007 at 07:46
 Post Reply Post Reply