Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barbara Dennerlein...?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barbara Dennerlein...?
    Posted: July 17 2007 at 11:47

How come no-one ever suggested this jazz-rock octopus? She had been mentioned in several threads before.

That big Hammond-shaped hole in jazz-rock section needs to be filled in with an extraordinary virtuoso!

Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 14:44
I love her works and her jams and wanna listen to more than the three albums I have of her.

Not sure though how integrally fusion and jazz-rock she would be.
Alucard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alucard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 14:55
I love her music and hammond sound, but she's  in the Jazz mainstream field and swings but doesn't rock and has no place in JR/F so far.

Tadpoles keep screaming in my ear
"Hey there! Rotter's Club!
Explain the meaning of this song and share it"

clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarke2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 15:32
Hm...some songs of her sound almost as space rock to my ears. IMO, she has quite a rock attitude - and she's heavily influenced by Jimmy Smith.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 16:44
As much as I am a Barbara Dennerlein fan (most posts aboout her in here are either from my wife Jean or me), I think she does not quite fit into the archives. Amazing player though, especially her extraordinary footwork.

Edited by BaldFriede - July 19 2007 at 23:02

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
 Post Reply Post Reply