Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 17:48
damn...  real classy of him...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 17:44
^^ that is utterly shocking and dreadful news... I read the official announcement on another forum 2 days ago, but have not until now seen Richard West's comments...

...I do hope Mac gets himself sorted out before long, and returns to the band...Disapprove
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Melomaniac View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 14:14
Unexpected and shocking news to say the least, this was found on Threshold's official website :

Threshold singer pulls out of upcoming festival shows

16 July 2007

Threshold's singer Mac has astonished his fellow band members by deciding not to perform at this weekend's Metal Camp and Earthshaker festivals in Slovenia and Germany.

Fortunately the band's previous singer Damian Wilson has come to the rescue and will perform at the festivals with the band for the first time since 1997.

Damian Wilson is currently lead singer for the band Headspace who recently supported Ozzy Osbourne for UK shows including Wembley Arena.

The following statement was made by keyboard player Richard West on the Threshold forums :

Mac was due to arrive in England on Saturday for band rehearsals, but on Saturday morning he sent us a short email saying he has to get on with his life and he's not coming. It was totally unexpected and we're all shocked by the news. Mac won't answer our phone calls so we can't get any more information from him. With two festivals to perform next weekend our only option was to cancel the shows or find a replacement singer. Fortunately our old singer Damian Wilson was able to step in and help out, he's now very busy learning the new material in time for Friday's show in Slovenia. We don't know what the long-term solution is, our focus right now is on the two festivals, we'll see how they go and take it from there.

So is this the end for Mac in Threshold ?  After a series of successful and excellent albums, I have a hard time explaining myself a reason behind this, and even moreso given the rather unprofessional way his announcement was made.

Let's hope everything turns out for the better for Threshold.
"One likes to believe in the freedom of Music" - Neil Peart, The Spirit of Radio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12