Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SymForce Festival Tilburg (The Netherlands) 15-9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSymForce Festival Tilburg (The Netherlands) 15-9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: SymForce Festival Tilburg (The Netherlands) 15-9
    Posted: July 27 2007 at 06:16
Not sure if this one was announced yet, but I couldn't find it in the Prog Events Forum.

SymForce in Tilburg with

FLOWER KINGS (sweden) - PENDRAGON (uk) - RIVERSIDE (poland) - FOCUS (holland) - LAZULI (france) - The AURORA PROJECT (holland) - LADY LAKE (holland) - ISOPODA (belgium) - The PINEAPPLE THIEF (uk) - BEARDFISH (sweden) - BOOTCUT (sweden)

More info to be found here  and here.

And contrary to the Ozrics in Amsterdam: you will not be hunted down if you don't attend. You'll just feel sorry afterwards.

ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
glass house View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 06:24
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 07:42
Shocked another thread about Symforce ..........................LOL
emdiar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 19:20
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Not sure if this one was announced yet, but I couldn't find it in the Prog Events Forum.

SymForce in Tilburg with

FLOWER KINGS (sweden) - PENDRAGON (uk) - RIVERSIDE (poland) - FOCUS (holland) - LAZULI (france) - The AURORA PROJECT (holland) - LADY LAKE (holland) - ISOPODA (belgium) - The PINEAPPLE THIEF (uk) - BEARDFISH (sweden) - BOOTCUT (sweden)

And contrary to the Ozrics in Amsterdam: you will not be hunted down if you don't attend. You'll just feel sorry afterwards.

LOLLOL, don't count on it.Wink

Of course, I will be attending! I haven't seen Pendragon since 1983, and Focus rule. If only Akkerman was playing. Jammer toch?

Edited by emdiar - July 27 2007 at 19:24
Perception is truth, ergo opinion is fact.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 12:06

SymForce in Tilburg with

If I attend, it will be more for the part of the Gang thing than for the programme. It simply looks too neo-prog for me!
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
emdiar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 15:24
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

SymForce in Tilburg with

If I attend, it will be more for the part of the Gang thing than for the programme. It simply looks too neo-prog for me!
Yeah, there's a reason I've only seen Pendragon once. There's a reason I refused to allow Pallas records into the house in the eighties. I enjoyed watching them all at Reading '83, but I've never bought a Marillion/Pallas/Pendragon/Twefth Night/etc album in my life. I'm going for FOCUS and the crack. Are Riverside neo? One of my gig buddies is a Polish Spacerock chick and she's been looking forward to seeing them for the first time. 
To give Pendragon their due, I once saw an interview with their vocalist (what ever his name is, can't be bothered to look it up.) in which to the question, "Which 5 albums would you take to a desert island?", he came straight back with the answer "The Enid's "In the Region of the Summer Stars" for one". As we all know, this is the best ever album ever to be released ever, so he has taste at least.
Perception is truth, ergo opinion is fact.
disastercasper View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 17:12
This is great! I have seen the Flower Kings before when they were recording the Instant Delivery DVD (I appear in it for an entire second!), but all the other bands will be first-timers for me and I can't wait. I am looking forward to Riverside and Pendragon the most, this will be well worth the pretty expensive price Smile
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 11:29
Angelo, shall we use this thread, I cannot find mine Embarrassed ...
glass house View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 11:31
On page 3 I believe .  Big%20smile

Edited by glass house - August 13 2007 at 11:33
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 11:47
Hihi, whatever. I was only trying to protect your thread, Erik...

Regardless of time and place - I will make sure I am wearing my Nijntje T-shirt... Wink
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 13:08

Shall we move to the other thread, I have just made a post, OK?
Symforce View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 09:04
saturday september 15th turns the professional 013 venue in Tilburg, Holland, into a heaven filled with prog, dried ice and fanatic progheads. If you have been living under a rock the last couple of weeks let me remind you that Flower Kings, Pendragon, Riverside, Focus, Lazuli, The Pineapple Thief, The Aurora Project, Lady Lake, Isopoda, Beardfish and Bootcut are all waiting for you to share with them this very first edition of what should become Europe's largest indoor prog extravaganza

everything you should know can be found at www.myspace.com/symforce

start counting the days and see all of you on 15th september in Tilburg !

may the Symforce be with you ! Star

Bobo

Edited by Symforce - August 21 2007 at 16:54
On The Rocks - weekly three hour radioshow on www.laserradio.nl every sunday between 8 and 11 pm Brussels time
Symforce View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 17:20
believe it or not but Flower Kings will be performing with good old Zoltan Scörz behind the drumkit at the Symforce festival on saturday september 15th at the 013 in Tilburg, Holland. As no details have been given regarding the forthcoming tour in november this might well be a one-off. So hurry if you want to relive this line-up for maybe the very last time !

On The Rocks - weekly three hour radioshow on www.laserradio.nl every sunday between 8 and 11 pm Brussels time
NotSoKoolAid View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 00:32
Are you saying their line-up is unique because Zoltan is there? Can't be! Zoltan is a regular member again, recording a new album with TFK.
Proglodita View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 00:41
Zoltan is back! (as far as I concerned...)
P
Symforce View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 18:00
Originally posted by NotSoKoolAid NotSoKoolAid wrote:

Are you saying their line-up is unique because Zoltan is there? Can't be! Zoltan is a regular member again, recording a new album with TFK.
Zoltan stepped in to record the new album because Marcus was too busy with his band Clark. So for the gig on the 15th Zoltan will be the man behind the drumkit but it's not really sure what will happen for the tour in november as no decision has been made so far. So even if Zoltan is drumming on "The sum of no evil" he certainly will be with the band on september 15th but after that it's wait and see !

Bobo

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 04:18
The festival is behind us now (about 10 ours already, time flies). It's been an amazing flight to progland - thanks for that Bobo, and for announcing next years edition in the third weekend of September Thumbs%20Up
ISKC Rock Radio
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 04:57

Thanks Bobo, great festival, see my Symforce thread Clap

Post Reply Post Reply