Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My lesser known and unknown new prog bands thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMy lesser known and unknown new prog bands thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 48495051>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 15:37
                 Thanks for the recommendation Paul, Hammond drenched, I love it Approve

Today I listened to Live Tasting (2008 in Canada) by a reunited Latte  E Miele formation (3 members of the debut album line-up), fantastic blend of classical and symphonic rock with mindblowing, very varied keyboard work, check out this album Thumbs Up Also worth is the new Glass Hammer DVD entitled Live At The Tivoli (venue in Utrecht, in my home country Holland) and the promising UK band Magrathea with their new album Search For The Crystal (pleasant blend of symphonic rock and neo-prog).

Magrathea - In Search of the Crystal              

Live at the Tivoli DVD

See my new reviews on Progwalhalla: http://www.progwalhalla.nl/index.php?language=en

About 2008 (and some 2007 Wink ): interesting 'non PA' progrock bands to check out on Progwalhalla:

- Albatros (Spain) My discovery of the year, what a stunning Heavy Prog Clap
- Survival (Holland) Excellent new band from Holland Clap
- Nostradamus (Hungary) Criminally overlooked new Hungarian band Clap
- The Healing Road (Germany)
- Gerson Werlang (Brazil)
- Sergio Alvarez (Argentina)
- Aviva Omnibus (Russia)
- Mindfields (Poland)
- Loonypark (Poland)
- Giallo! (Italy)
- Taifa (Spain) Captivating blend Progmetal and Prog Andaluz Clap
- Danny Brill (USA)
- Don Airey (UK)
- Mass Media (Italy) Great jazzrock Clap
- Nemezis (Poland)
- Alma (Argentina)
- Pandora (Italy) Top notch new Italian progrock Clap
- Grendel (Poland)
- Cronico (Mexico)

Fellow progheads, I wish you a Merry X-Mas and a happy new year and
                            .... a proggy 2009, thanks for your support to this thread Thumbs Up

Edited by erik neuteboom - December 22 2008 at 15:52
Moogtron III View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 16:07
Originally posted by erik neuteboom erik neuteboom wrote:

The same to you, Erik

(and to all other proggers reading this).

To paraphrase Neil Young: keep on proggin' in the free world Thumbs Up
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 18:11

Thanks for the recommendation Paul, Hammond drenched, I love it Approve

Today I listened to Live Tasting (2008 in Canada) by a reunited Latte  E Miele formation (3 members of the debut album line-up), fantastic blend of classical and symphonic rock with mindblowing, very varied keyboard work, check out this album Thumbs Up Also worth is the new Glass Hammer DVD entitled Live At The Tivoli (venue in Utrecht, in my home country Holland) and the promising UK band Magrathea with their new album Search For The Crystal (pleasant blend of symphonic rock and neo-prog).

Magrathea - In Search of the Crystal              

Live at the Tivoli DVD

See my new reviews on Progwalhalla: http://www.progwalhalla.nl/index.php?language=en

About 2008 (and some 2007 Wink ): interesting 'non PA' progrock bands to check out on Progwalhalla:

- Albatros (Spain) My discovery of the year, what a stunning Heavy Prog Clap
- Survival (Holland) Excellent new band from Holland Clap
- Nostradamus (Hungary) Criminally overlooked new Hungarian band Clap
- The Healing Road (Germany)
- Gerson Werlang (Brazil)
- Sergio Alvarez (Argentina)
- Aviva Omnibus (Russia)
- Mindfields (Poland)
- Loonypark (Poland)
- Giallo! (Italy)
- Taifa (Spain) Captivating blend Progmetal and Prog Andaluz Clap
- Danny Brill (USA)
- Don Airey (UK)
- Mass Media (Italy) Great jazzrock Clap
- Nemezis (Poland)
- Alma (Argentina)
- Pandora (Italy) Top notch new Italian progrock Clap
- Grendel (Poland)
- Cronico (Mexico)

I knew about that Latte E Miele reunion and actually there was an strong rumour that they would perform at the BajaProg 2009, let's see what happens .
Erik thanks for your recommendations, and your wishes, i too wish you a merry christmas and all the best for the following 2009 year!Clap

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Claudio_Colombo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 08:10
Heylà Guys Smile I could not refrain from responding with a thanks from the entire group of Pandora for all the fine words written about our music!
Is indeed a great pleasure to see this!
We always hope that our music reaches all of you and that you can try our emotions ... thanks for the support
Have a nice holidays and good time! Big smile

Claudio (Pandora)

erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 13:36

WOW, that is almost a Christmas gift Claudio Colombo, what a pleasure to see Pandora posting in this thread because this thread is meant to support lesser known and unknown new progrock bands, this is two way traffic, the way it should be Thumbs Up

About your music, I am sure many progheads will be delighted about Pandora, also because it sounds so powerful, varied and exciting, especially those bombastic atmospheres with the fat synthesizer flights, that is what good progrock is about  Clap

For all progheads who missed my review, see: http://www.progwalhalla.nl/index.php?language=en 

Marcel and Memowakeman, thanks for your posts Thumbs Up

Edited by erik neuteboom - December 24 2008 at 14:10
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 13:53

This thread is beginning to look like an Italian Progrock appreciation thread Wink :

Due to new releases on the brink of 2009 and lots of heavy and hot listenings sessions with new progrock albums, I have to change my Top 10 2008 progrock albums (again Embarrassed ) .... and the focus is on 3 new Italian progrock albums in my Top 5, including the new entry of Latte E Miele with the CD Live Tasting:

1)      Albatros – Pentadalia (captivating Heavy Prog with inventive work on guitar and keyboards)

2)     Pandora – Same (typical Italian progrock in its full splendor, highly recommended!)
      3)      Nemo – Barbares (simply their best!)
             4)     Il Bacio Delle Medusa – Discesa .. (another typical, very exciting Italian progrock
            album)
      5) Latte E Miele - Live Tasting (wonderful blend of classic and symphonic rock with
          awesome keyboards and moving guitarplay
      6)      Simon Says – Tardigrade (Vintage Keyboard Heaven)

7)      Keith Emerson Band Featuring Marc Bonilla – Same (this sounds as a tribute to 'HELP' Wink )

8)      Nostradamus -  Testament (a splendid heavy version of Solaris)

9)     Willowglass – Book Of Hours (Progheaven, dig those Trons and Moog Taurus bass pedals!)

10)   Survival – Crusader (excellent new band from my country Holland with wonderful keyboards and some heavy guitarplay)

Thumbs Up

Claudio_Colombo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 14:15

WOW, that is almost a Christmas gift Claudio Colombo, what a pleasure to see Pandora posting in this thread because this thread is meant to support lesser known and unknown new progrock bands, this is two way traffic, the way it should be Thumbs Up

About your music, I am sure many progheads will be delighted about Pandora, also because it sounds so powerful, varied and exciting, especially those bombastic atmospheres with the fat synthesizer flights, that is what good progrock is about  Clap

For all progheads who missed my review, see: http://www.progwalhalla.nl/index.php?language=en 

Big smile
also you who follow us and listen to our music you did us a great Christmas gift! Big smile
Since it released the disc was an emotion after another, thanks to you all.
We do not lose anything of what you say because, as said before, it is nice to know what emotions aroused to you!
About your good review is also on our website in the "Articoli"Star. Soon the site will add the section with interviews, so you know something more about our thinking music Wink
again wish you Happy Christmas!!!

Claudio (Pandora)

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 14:30

Claudio, thanks for the compliments and for this: http://www.pandoramusic.eu/Articoli/Articoli.htm Thumbs Up ....

..... because my friend 'Progwalhalla Hans' (owner of this Dutch progrock mailorder service) does his best to support the interesting smaller and unknown progrock bands, he is not only focussed on selling and earning money, that's why I have decided to write for him and I am sure Progwalhalla Hans will be very pleased with your posts, he is the one who discovered your album because he is, like me, a huge fan of Classic Italian Progrock and always interested in new Italian progrock. By the way, have you listened to Il Bacio Delle Medusa, another excellent new Italian progrock band?

Buon Natale e felice anno nuovo

beatlesxmas15tq.jpg merry christmas! image by timphan

Edited by erik neuteboom - December 24 2008 at 14:34
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 14:50

It is always a pleasure to see band members posting in PA, welcome Claudio Colombo and stay tuned in ProgArchives becuase i am sure Pandora will receive more attention here.

Bravo!!!

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2008 at 14:57

Well Memowakeman, at this moment in my 2008 top 10 Pandora even surpasses Il Baccio

Delle Medusa and I am looking forward to their appearance on PA Thumbs Up

Edited by erik neuteboom - December 24 2008 at 14:59
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 03:24
Now I'm really getting curious...
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 11:55
Well Erik just to let you know that Pandora are in the house

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 14:21

That's good news Memowakeman, now 2008 has ended in style and I am curious to the opinions

in the forthcoming reviews about Pandora, one of the progrock highlights in this awesome year  Clap !

Angelo, I am sure you will be stunned by Pandora, make a deal with Progwalhalla Hans Wink

Attention: yesterday I watched a DVD by an incredible unknown new progrock

band from Down Under, check out this band:   http://www.aussiefloyd.com/        

+

Thumbs Up 

Edited by erik neuteboom - December 25 2008 at 14:31
jimmy_row View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 14:48
Merry Christmas Erik and friends! I haven't seen you in a while...

I'm glad you like Pandora; the Italian prog team were quite impressed with them as well, we're happy to have them in the archivesClap  And thanks Claudio for providing us with the bio and sound bitesClap

Cheers,
Ryan
Signature Writers Guild on strike
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 15:12
amen to that Ryan Clap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 15:33

Well, well, posts by Memowakeman, .....Jimmy Row (Merry X-Mas too), ....Micky,.. ...

this is close to an Italian Progrock invasion LOL

.... but seriously, I am sure Pandora will turn into a musical box of surprises Wink !

Edited by erik neuteboom - December 25 2008 at 16:05
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2008 at 16:27
we are like paisan cockroaches Erik hahaha.  We smell Italian and we are all over that stuff 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2008 at 07:31

I have just invaded the All Prog From Italy Appreciation thread LOL !

Edited by erik neuteboom - December 26 2008 at 07:32
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2008 at 12:06

The forthcoming weeks I tell you more about a lot of interesting lesser
                                          known and unknown new progrock from all over the world :

Poland: Grendel - The Helpless (wonderful neo-prog that has echoes from Quidam) 

France: Guillaume De La Pilière - Requiem Apocalyptique (dark and compelling music by Versailles
                                                              singer)

Guillaume De La PILIERE - Requiem Apocalyptique - Digipack décou

Sweden: Maze Of Time - Lullaby For Heroes (blend of melodic rock and neo-prog with strong breaks)

MAZE OF TIME: Lullaby for Heroes

Australia: Unitopia - The Garden (adventurous and varied eclectic progrock on double CD from Down
                                     Under, it's their second effort since 2005)
 Unitopia - The Garden

Colombia: Jaen Kief - Las Hadas No Vuelan Mas : II El Agua De Frente (warm Spanish vocals and varied
                                         instrumentation)

Italy: The Watch - Live (beautiful early Genesis inspired progrock, their gig on the Symforce II festival was
                                great)

Website news:    New live album on the way...

THE WATCH will release a live album, so here it comes our first live album !! It will be released in a few weeks all over the world, as at TW Studio both Simones are working on the mixing right now. It will be available in advance at the november gigs.

Here it is the song list:
1. Sound of Sirence ...big live impact on this number
2. Shining bald Heads ...a classic from the band, with a wonderful final solo from Giorgio Gabriel
3. Berlin, 1936 ...this song gains so much power on live, one of the best band's live numbers indeed
4. The Fisherman ...one of the first classics, signed by Simone Rossetti. A great live new version
5. Goddess ...to tell it in the same words of a friend of us from London: no, it's not Deep Purple on it, it's  The Watch.. hehe..
6. Twilight Alehouse/Another life ...a super meadley between an old Genesis single from 1972 and The Watch Another life
7. DNAlien ...it's been the closing song on some of 2008 gigs, ...mellotron and hammond scream on it
8. Riding the Elephant ..a live version of one the beloved band's ballads, with a new final

Enjoy! The Watch Staff
See: http://www.thewatchmusic.net/ (recommended: the Tron section Clap)

Thumbs Up

Edited by erik neuteboom - December 27 2008 at 12:11
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2008 at 08:03

and today is Claudio's birthday... so a happy birthday to you from all of us here.  Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 48495051>