Topic ClosedDelirium: live in Trieste 3 Aug. 2007

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delirium: live in Trieste 3 Aug. 2007
    Posted: August 08 2007 at 15:11

DELIRIUM: Live in Trieste, 3 August 2007

Delirium was an excellent band of the early Seventies Italianprog scene. After many years of silence and thanks to Pino Di Santo’s initiative, in 2003 the band was born again with a new line up and now is active, promoting the new live album “Vibrazioni Notturne”... So, in Trieste, in a windy evening featuring threatening clouds on the horizon, Delirium prove to be “wind-stopper” and “waterproof resistant”, stronger than weather, alive and kicking on stage. All the members of band are still able to enjoy themselves playing their music for an audience of almost 1.000 people... The beginning of the show is in pure progressive style, but during the show they alternate some of their simpler (and well-known) songs like “Canto di Osanna” and “Jesahel” and some covers to their progressive repertoire. The new line up features, along with veterans Pino Di Santo on drums, Ettore Vigo (keyboards) and Martin Grice (flute and sax) two new members, Fabio Chighini (bass) and Roberto Solinas (guitars) who seem to be perfectly integrated. The band really seem to be reborn from their ashes like a phoenix and the musicians are able to regenerate the old songs giving them a new life confirming all the positive impressions of their new live album... Personally I found outstanding the new version of “Dio del silenzio” from “Delirium III: Viaggio negli arcipelaghi del tempo”, featuring a great intro on acoustic guitar by Roberto Solinas and a very interesting “prog version” of “La musica che gira intorno”, a piece written by Ivano Fossati and dedicated to their former member and friend (now respected and famous singer-songwriter)... Anyway all the performance was excellent, despite the weather, for two hours of good music without weak moments: an experience highly recommended to all prog lovers!

This is the complete track list of the show...

Opening/Villaggio

Movimento I: Egoismo

E’ l’ora

Favola o storia del lago di Kriss (Libertà)

Culto disarmonico

Preludio: Paura

Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)

Dio del silenzio

Canto di Osanna

Movimento II: Dubbio

Notte a Bagdad

Gioia, disordine e risentimento

Medley Jethro Tull (incl. Bourée & Living In The Past)

Jesahel

King’s Road

Johnny Sayre: il Perdono

La musica che gira intorno

Dolce acqua: Speranza

With A Little Help From My Friends

Edited by andrea - August 08 2007 at 17:00
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 16:11

Wow Andrea, i wish i was there, the tracklist is magnific and you described the concert very well i am sure i would have loved it despite the bad weather , not all the bands can be "waterproof resistant", so that is a plus!

Great review! Clap

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 16:58
Originally posted by memowakeman memowakeman wrote:

Wow Andrea, i wish i was there, the tracklist is magnific and you described the concert very well i am sure i would have loved it despite the bad weather , not all the bands can be "waterproof resistant", so that is a plus!

Great review! Clap

Well, it's very difficult to describe the energy of the band and their will to play their music in spite of the obstacles... It was a very good concert... I hope they'll have a chance to perform some shows abroad... Meanwhile, you can always listen to their live album "vibrazioni notturne"...
 Post Reply Post Reply