Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRiverside in Lydney & Camden,UK, Nov07

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2007 at 18:11
Originally posted by Geck0 Geck0 wrote:

Eh?

I'm driving!

Drinks are on Andy, as he's not driving!

Well I'll certainly be buying my own, which is more than we can say for you on PA outings.Wink
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2007 at 18:18
I'll be buying my own, as well as Nicky's.  However, it's all about the music for me.  When the bands are playing, I won't be drinking anything, I never do.

You'll also be buying me one. LOL
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 07:32
Hey guys, does anyone have a setlist for last night?  Thanks!

Oh and Riverside were amazing, well done guys for putting on an excellent gig!
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 08:34
^^ hi James, it was good to meet you last night...and it WAS an excellent gig...Clap

many thanks to Huw & Steve for putting it on....
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 12:48
Was Huw or Steve from Also Eden, or neither?
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 13:53
Huw...(Jaguar)
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Lambsie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 14:15
Yep...you'll have seen Huw fronting Also Eden...and behind the bar...

I must admit I can't take any of the credit...all I did was sell the tickets, it's Huw and Sharon (his wife who you'll also have seen at the venue last night) who did all the hard work and put the gig on....

Stephen
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2007 at 14:21
Definitely an excellent gig last night.Thumbs%20Up
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

chazzyf View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 07:35

Firstly thanks to Huw and Sharon for putting on the Lydney show - It was well worth the 2 1/2 drive from London and I at least got to see the band - which wasn't possible at the Underworld, since the venue was so packed - we actually sold out!

On behalf of myself and my co-promoter Sam (and Mr Vyner of the Underworld) thanks to all those who came along and all those who helped spread the word about the gig

I was momentarilly in shock when, as we went upstairs to the managers office to run through the financials and we were told that the gig actually SOLD OUT! W00t! and Mega W00t! 500 tickets sold include 55 on the door. So finally at the sixth attempt one of the gigs I've been involved in promoting has a) sold out and b) made a profit (not all that big, but anyway, we should have had charged more for the tickets).

The band were all extreemly down to earth and friendly and aside from some last-minute snafus (down to communication), it all went off very smoothly indeed.

I must admit that the venue was absolutely rammed and having got stuck at the back I could see very little - but the band sounded superb. I tend to judge gigs at the venue by the number of people watching the band vs the number of people in the bar (usually musos or 'guests') and throughout the gig the bar area remained pretty empty - which is a great testament to the band and their music.

The guitarist also told us that from their point of view it was probably the loudest gig that they've ever played!

They will be touring again in the new year (Spring) - so I'm sure that they'll be back in London again - and playing a much bigger venue.

will post more on both gigs later but have to run now
chazzyf View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 07:36

setlist from earlier in the tour was

00 Rapid Eye Movement (played from the cd just before the actual concert)
01 Beyond The Eyelids
02 Rainbow Box
03 I Turned You Down
04 Ultimate Trip
05 Conceiving You
06 Loose Heart
07 Parasomnia
08 Reality Dream II
09 Volte-Face
10 I Believe (with acoustic bass)
11 SLS

encore
12 02 Panic Room
13 Out Of Myself

encore 2
14 Lucid Dream IV

which I reckon is about right
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 09:20
^^ Chazzy, I'm absolutely delighted that they sold out in London, and that you actually made a profit..... well done!!Clap

I thoroughly enjoyed a great gig in Lydney...didn't realise you were in attendance; it would have been nice to say 'hello'...that said, it was superb to finally meet up with the ProgPower Committee, who seem to be a fine, upstanding bunch of chaps....Big%20smile

Edited by fandango - December 01 2007 at 09:21
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 15:53
I think Volte-Face was my favourite of the night.  That track absolutely rocked!  I'm not sure if it segued into another track or not... but I know I loved it thoroughly.  The thing I loved about their set, is that most tracks were extended and heavily altered from the album versions.  Infact, I didn't recognise a lot of the tracks and I had listened to all three albums the previous evening.
chazzyf View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 19:58

I think Volte-Face was my favourite of the night.  That track absolutely rocked!  I'm not sure if it segued into another track or not... but I know I loved it thoroughly.  The thing I loved about their set, is that most tracks were extended and heavily altered from the album versions.  Infact, I didn't recognise a lot of the tracks and I had listened to all three albums the previous evening.

phew! Glad it wasn't just me and my lousy memory not being able to recognise the songs properly. :)

I loved the way the set flowed - they had obviously put a lot of thought into it and speaking to them it was clear that they are very thoughtful about all of their work.
chazzyf View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 20:03
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

^^ Chazzy, I'm absolutely delighted that they sold out in London, and that you actually made a profit..... well done!!Clap
Thanks but I'm not sure that it was down to my promotional work. I think that we were lucky that there was an audience just waiting for them to come and play. The crowds clearly knew the material and I think that the band were impressed by that.

I thoroughly enjoyed a great gig in Lydney...didn't realise you were in attendance; it would have been nice to say 'hello'...that said, it was superb to finally meet up with the ProgPower Committee, who seem to be a fine, upstanding bunch of chaps....Big%20smile
Yes - it would have been nice to say 'hello', but despite having the week off work and planned to attend the gig, actually making arrangements to get there was left until 4PM on the day, when I raced off to collect a hire car and then make my way to Lydney. I went back and forth past the venue a couple of times and probably could have been there 20 mins earlier, if I'd been a bit more organised. Programming a postcode into the GPS which directed me to an obscure residental area in the next village instead of the venue didn't help :D [It may well have been the organiser's home postcode rather than that of the venue itself]

I did hang around for a while after the show and chatted to Stephen and a few other guys I know via the CRS and other gigs.

Edited by chazzyf - December 03 2007 at 06:27
chazzyf View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 19:19
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 21:13
Ah Charles, I saw John and St3alth, they turned up around the same time as we (the girlfriend and I) did.  St3alth nodded at me as if we'd known each other before... weird!

I then saw them bopping in the front row.  It was nice to see some younger guys and girls there.  I am not an oldie though and Andy (sleeper) was even younger than I am.

Great photos too.

Is St3alth on the forums?
chazzyf View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2007 at 07:07

Ah Charles, I saw John and St3alth, they turned up around the same time as we (the girlfriend and I) did.  St3alth nodded at me as if we'd known each other before... weird!

I then saw them bopping in the front row.  It was nice to see some younger guys and girls there.  I am not an oldie though and Andy (sleeper) was even younger than I am.
]
yeah us 'old timers' (and especially me with a dodgy knee) were all a bit static by comparisson.

Quote Great photos too.
Much better than the results I achieved, I must say - but he should have split the photos across a few more pages - I still cant get the whole page to load

Quote Is St3alth on the forums?
Not as far as I am aware. I'm a member on a lot of forums and I don't recognise his name. I've only seen him on Last.fm
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2007 at 12:11
I've requested Pete (St3alth) to add me on last.fm and have left some comments over there.  He seems to be a nice guy.

I was jumping about... whilst I left Jared and Nicky sat down for some of it. LOL
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2007 at 11:32

I was jumping about... whilst I left Jared and Nicky sat down for some of it. LOL

...I'm led to believe, my lap was very comfortable...

...anyway, Nicky didn't fall off.....Wink
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2007 at 11:40
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

...I'm led to believe, my lap was very comfortable...

...anyway, Nicky didn't fall off.....Wink

Your lap was very comfortable for all that saliva you dribbled out of your mouth!  There was two seats and you know it.  Nicky was definitely sat on one and you on the other, I was keeping watch. WinkLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>