Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRiverside in Lydney & Camden,UK, Nov07

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 11:24
I know I'm kinda biased too, but it really IS a cracking venue.  Good sound and a good sized stage.  For those of you that have been to the Oakwood venue in Rotherham that the CRS used to use, it's a bit like that.  Generally a nice place to watch bands. The Magenta gig there a few weeks ago (it was their Nearfest warm up) was excellent and well attended.Smile

I don't think Huw has a blank cheque to just bring anyone there, though.  I think any band playing would need to demonstrate they can draw a decent crowd - and that's sometimes a problem for prog bands!

Pain of salvation? We've just brought em to the UK - wadaya want, blood? Wink
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 12:31
^^^ don't take any notice of James (Geck0)...he gets over-excited very easily (just ask his girlfriend....Wink)

concerning the Lydney gig.... we'll make sure there's a reasonable turnout of Grey Roomers, as we certainly want it to become a regular fixture.....Clap
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 11:44
Ah but Lambsie, I couldn't see PoS this time around and Lydney is closer (besides, I'll be able to drive their in November to see Riverside).

Ideally, I'd want PoS to play nothing from Scarsick. LOL

I presume it's not going to be just us GRoomers in attendance?
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 11:56
Where is Lydney?  Wait I can guess the general direction because of Fannydangle's unadulterated joy. Miles away from me!!

What's wrong with the North West ??( blunt replies will be dealt with by Termination...)
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 12:03
Nothing is wrong with the North West.  I guess if all turns out well, they'll return to our shores and play other venues.  For now, it seems they're only playing the two venues in the UK.

You should feel lucky they're coming to play over here at all!

Lydney is in the Forest of Dean (Gloucestershire, not Herefordshire, apparently) and a drive down from Bolton may not be as bad as you think.  There's B&Bs and others may actually stay overnight, so you're welcome to crash down there.  Alternatively, you could stay at Fannydangle's Yoof Hostel, which is north of Lydney and actually on its way to the North West of England.

Edited by Geck0 - September 23 2007 at 12:12
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 12:04
^^ take the day off work and come on down, Tony!!  By the looks of it, Sleeper, Geck0, Dargdean, Man Erg, Prog Chick, possibly Heavyfrieght and I will all be meeting up!

oh yes...its in Gloucestershire...Big%20smile
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 12:06
Originally posted by Geck0 Geck0 wrote:

Alternatively, you could stay at Fannydangle's Yoof Hostel, which is north of Lydney and actually on it's way to the North West of England.

thankyou for being so generous with my spare beds, James....Wink
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 12:11
LOL

Unfortunately I am running very important training courses that week and will not be able to get the Friday off.

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 12:14
Hopefully Jim (and Vicky) will be persuaded to come as well, once he returns from his Holiday.

It's two days after I see Within Temptation in London, so I'll be knackered!  If I get a job by then, I'll have to but the week off, methinks.  Therefore I think Queensryche will be a no-no.

Oh and Allan Holdsworth is playing on the Sunday, in Swindon that week too. Big%20smile  Must sort my ticket out.

Edited by Geck0 - September 23 2007 at 12:15
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 18:22

Hopefully Jim (and Vicky) will be persuaded to come as well, once he returns from his Holiday.

It's two days after I see Within Temptation in London, so I'll be knackered!  If I get a job by then, I'll have to but the week off, methinks.  Therefore I think Queensryche will be a no-no.

Oh and Allan Holdsworth is playing on the Sunday, in Swindon that week too. Big%20smile  Must sort my ticket out.

Busy week for you then.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

chazzyf View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 16:33
Originally posted by jaguar jaguar wrote:

Hi there. Huw from Summer's End here, a couple of days ahead of the official announcement I can confirm that Riverside are playing at Lydney Town Hall on November 29th. Support will be from Also Eden (there's a surprise then!).

Tickets will be on sale towards the middle of next week. Telephone number for the Town Hall is 01594 843595 and not as previously posted (that nunber is the town council).

Full details will be in the official announcement in the next week.

What is this official announcement of which you speak? I've been plastering the news over most of the prog and prog-message boards across the known prog universe.

The news is dripping out from Inside Out very slowly - the dates are only 2 months away, slap bang in one of the most intense periods of gig activity all year - the run up to Christmas.

The London gig is definately on. Support will be the hot, new, local Prog-Metal act Haken who have not one but two nifty guitarists!!

jaguar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 18:48
The official announcement of which I speak is ours - ie. that of the Lydney gig with all the details (ticket price, how to buy etc). Info should be available tomorrow (26th) all being well!
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 21:48
Excellent news.  I'll log-in sometime tomorrow daytime I hope and look for news.
jaguar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 06:22

The Progster Presents ... (the team behind Summer's End) are delighted to welcome Polish prog giants Riverside to Lydney Town Hall, Gloucestershire for their first UK live date on November 29th 2007.

Support will be from Also Eden.

This is the first of two UK dates for Riverside, who are playing the Underworld in Camden on Nov 30th. Support at the Underworld will be from Haken.

Tickets for Lydney are priced at £15.00 and are available by post from: Box Office, Lydney Town Hall, High Street, Gloucestershire GL15 5DY.

Please include an stamped, addressed envelope with your order or your tickets will be held for collection on the door. Please make cheques payable to Full Moon Media Ltd.

Tickets are also available on-line from www.sonicbond.com (booking fee applies)

Doors and Bar open from 7pm and food will be available (food can also be pre-ordered - please call or write for details).

Lydney Town Hall is an excellent venue, situated on the A48 between Gloucester and Chepstow. The spacious hall has a large stage and has an audience capacity of 400.

All enquiries to 01594 843595 (please leave a message if there’s no reply and we’ll get back to you ASAP) or email [email protected]

Can't bloomin' well wait!!

Edited by jaguar - September 26 2007 at 07:38
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 06:38
Originally posted by jaguar jaguar wrote:

Can't bloomin' well wait!!

neither can we, mate....neither can we...Big%20smile

p.s. I've emailed Huw already to ask who cheques for Lydney should be made payable to....Wink
jaguar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 06:43
Sorry all ... in my excitment I forgot to say who to make the cheques out to! Please make them payable to Full Moon Media Ltd.

Cheers, Huw
chazzyf View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 07:29
Thanks for those details Huw - I will pass them on.

Not to be outdone on the food front :)  The Underworld in Camden also has a food bar. I can particularly recommend the Thai fish cakes and Red Curry. Its the tops and as good as anything you'll get in a 'posh' Thai restraunt in London.
chazzyf View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 08:46
We've also created an 'event' at last.fm for the London show

Its another method to get the news out and enables you to see who is coming to the show .. and it doesn't cost anything.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 11:57
Can someone add the Lydney show to last.fm too?  I'll then put my name down for it, although I've got to sort my ticket out yet.

I'm going to speak to my girlfriend tomorrow, asking whether she wants to come, if she isn't, I'll sort my ticket out as soon as I can.  If she is, then the same again. LOL
chazzyf View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 12:47

Can someone add the Lydney show to last.fm too?  I'll then put my name down for it, although I've got to sort my ticket out yet.

I'm going to speak to my girlfriend tomorrow, asking whether she wants to come, if she isn't, I'll sort my ticket out as soon as I can.  If she is, then the same again. LOL

Anyone who is already registered on Last.fm can create an event
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>