Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New album additions by PA members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 42>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2017 at 20:32
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Originally posted by SouthSideoftheSky SouthSideoftheSky wrote:

Originally posted by SouthSideoftheSky SouthSideoftheSky wrote:

So, I've added a profile for The Rome Progject in Symphonic Prog (after approval from the team): http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=10309

(I will add a Bio soon.)

Their three albums need to be moved from VA to the new profile.

Thank you so much to whomever it was that moved the first two albums! Great work!
Will you please also move the third, as yet unreleased, album: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56074

Thanks!

No problem, I moved the album (not the other two), but let me ask this - any reason for not respecting the band's adopted name "The Rome Pro(g)ject" ?
I guess it may have been just a small distraction but had to check with you Smile

Excellent, Thanks!

Well, yes, the reason is that it says in the admin section that () should be avoided in artist names. But maybe an exception should be made in this case?

Edited by SouthSideoftheSky - December 02 2017 at 20:33
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2017 at 22:10
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

An album I recently added by the UK band Spiral Key (due for release in the new year) needs amending: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56238.

Chris Allan plays drums on all tracks, but is not at the moment a permanent member of the band, so needs moving down to a 'guest musicians' section, which also need to include John Mitchell (Frost*, It Bites, Arena), who contributes a guest guitar solo to the track "Dark Path", Miguel Espinoza (Persefone), who contributes guest vocals to the track "Possessive"...and guitarist Dan Carter only contributes a guest guitar solo on the one track "Sanctimonious", he doesn't play on the rest of the album, so also needs moving into the guest musicians section. The band itself only currently consists of David McCabe (vocals, guitar)
and Ken Wynne (bass).

I also forgot to include that mixing and mastering were by David Castillo and Tony Lindgren at Fascination Street Studios in Sweden, and artwork was by Mattias Norén of ProgArt Media.

Sorry!

No problem, thanks for reporting !
But I need the source, please (won't update without confirming the info -  it's my problem, I know)

The source is the record label Pride & Joy Music's post on facebook which announced the album: https://www.facebook.com/prideandjoymusic/posts/993307217478856.

The text reads: 

"Spiral Key is a UK-based symphonic progressive metal band formed in 2012, specializing in melodic, thoughtful and heavy music, diverse themes and a subtly dark sense of humour. The band features the distinctive voice and intricate guitarwork of David McCabe and the thunderous bass work of Ken Wynne (Cut the Wire).
Spiral Key released their debut “Perfect Machine” in 2013, a diverse collection of songs with a focus on melody and featuring themes of love, loss and identity. Recorded, mixed and mastered at Bentham Studios in Ken’s home town of Swindon in the UK, the album was self-released. After a short hiatus and gathering live assistance from up-and-coming drummer Chris Allan (ex-Malefice and now session/independent) and guitarist Dan Carter (Belial), Spiral Key burst onto the stage in 2016 supporting a number of bands across the spectrum including Kingcrow and Votum.
After that successful year, Spiral Key’s second album “An Error of Judgement” was recorded at Outhouse Studios in the UK in early 2017, and will be released by Pride and Joy Music on January 19th, 2018. John Mitchell (Frost*, It Bites, Arena) contributes a guitar solo to the track “Dark Path”, vocalist Miguel Espinoza (Persefone) features on the track “Possessive”, and Dan Carter displays his inimitable style on the track “Sanctimonious”. Mixing and mastering were handled by David Castillo (Katatonia, Opeth) and Tony Lindgren (Angra, James LaBrie) at Fascination Street Studios in Sweden. Artwork is the product of the mighty genre luminary Mattias Norén of ProgArt Media, touching on the paths described in the album.
“An Error of Judgement” examines the many misdeeds of mankind, from the major themes of disunity and disempowerment to the close-up and personal failings of people themselves. Darker and heavier, it elevates Spiral Key’s trademark progressive sound to new symphonic heights, while still making space for the band’s trademark humour and melody.
The first video for the album is for the track “Hollywood Dreams”, by Patric Ullaeus (Evergrey, Amaranthe) in Sweden and will be released on Youtube on November 24th, 2017 in advance.
The PR for this release will start tomorrow via Haulix.
SPIRAL KEY is: David McCabe (vocals, guitar); Ken Wynne (bass); Chris Allan (drums); Dan Carter (guitars)."

However, I checked with bass player Ken Wynne the exact status of Chris Allan and Dan Carter within the group, and what each of them actually contributed to the album. He told me that Chris and Dan play with them when they gig. However, Chris plays drums throughout the album too - wherever there are drums on the album, there is Chris.

Dan is a friend of Chris's, but on the album all guitars are played by David McCabe except for the guitar lead at the start of 'Dark Path' by John Mitchell, and Dan who plays the solo at the start of 'Sanctimonious'.

He told me that in short, Spiral Key is basically just himself and David McCabe, and that's unlikely to change unless the band becomes a lot more successful. If that were to happen, they might add new permanent members, and they would undoubtedly look to Chris and Dan first, but right now it's simpler to work as they do, and everyone is happy with the arrangements.

So, the info I have given you is straight from the horse's mouth, and I can't do any better than what I have just added here now, I'm afraid.

If you still don't trust my info, then the only other option is for you to contact one of the two band members yourself to confirm it.

Edited by yam yam - December 02 2017 at 22:21
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2017 at 14:25
Done, thanks !

You know, I do this for fun but I like even more doing it properly (and straight away the first time, not having to go back and correct myself - this I hate!). So please bear with me and keep helping (... giving the sources Geek)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2018 at 17:06
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=14238. No track times.

Sony Music/Cherry Red Records ECLEC2268 (1972)

1. Dreamer (5:30)
2. Knave (3:45)
3. Fancy Lady, Hollywood Child (4:05)
4. Rise Up (3:24)
5. Dear Lord (3:00)
6. Baby Friend Of Mine (4:42)
7. Western Front (5:15)
8. Lady Of The Birds (9:13)
Bonus Track:
9. Shady Lady (3:02)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2018 at 06:55
Done - thanks, mate !

(I went all the way and updated whole discog and band's page - slightly over one hour of pleasant "work" Geek)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2018 at 14:57
IQ - 'Tales from a Dark Christmas': http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56400.

1. Christmas Intro / For Christ's Sake (8:25)
2. I Believe In Father Christmas (5:51)
3. Merry Xmas Everybody (5:37)
4. O Tannenbaum (4:16)
5. Let It Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! (5:08)
6. The Dark Christmas Suite (20:25)

NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2018 at 15:33
^ Thanks, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2018 at 19:01
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=56852. No track times.

1. Welcome? (5:29)
2. Energy (4:17)
3. Choral of Hope (4:21)
4. Prologue I (1:05)
5. The Girl (4:37)
6. Vengeance or Union (5:18)
7. Star of Darkness (3:04)
8. Confusion (4:58)
9. Resolution (1:49)
10. Hunt (1:40)
11. Prologue II (0:59)
12. Gloomy Prevision (3:44)
13. Awaken the Fear (4:03)
14. Agreements (5:43)
15. Disorder (5:58)
16. Ocean Waves (6:12)
17. Medicine (5:08)
18. Fly (5:13)
19. Prologue III (0:59)
20. Escape to Victory (4:09)
21. Beyond All Spheres (4:32)

There are 13 guest musicians (including 5 different singers) featured on the album, but so far I haven't been able to find a list of them. I have messaged the band (although in reality it is just Greek/German composer and multi-instrumentalist Alex Papatheodorou plus his various guests) on facebook to see if they/he will provide this info, and will post it here if I get a reply from them/him.

Edited by yam yam - February 25 2018 at 11:12
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2018 at 10:32
^ And that didn't take long at all!

Here is the full list:

- Alex Papatheodorou / guitars, mandolin, bass, keys

Guest Musicians: 
- Torsten Bugiel / drums
- Calum Stewart / low whistle
- Klaus "Major" Heuser / guitar
- Matthias Krauss / synth, piano, keys
- Victor Smolski / guitar
- Thomas Spindeldreher / guitar
- Achim Stein / synth
- Jannis Papatheodorou / special orchestration

Singer Cast: 
- Philipp Keck as "Zelo"
- Jessica Thierjung as "The Girl"
- Matthias "Metti" Zimmer as "The Professor"
- Leonie Ludwig as "The Alien Queen"
- Thomas Heinen as "The Girl's Father"
- Carol Windfuhr - Story Narration

All Songs written by Alex Papatheodorou
Mixed & Mastered by Alex Papatheodorou at Threshold of Pain Studio
Additional Mastering at Timelock Music Studio
Drums recorded at T. Bugiel Studio
Low Whistle recorded at C. Stewart Studio
Smolski Guitar recorded at HeyDay Studios 
Cover Artwork by Maximilian Wagner for Cursedhand Art

Edited by yam yam - February 25 2018 at 10:33
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2018 at 13:58
^ Well done, thanks !
(you could also download the press kit from the site, has it all and more)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2018 at 15:50
^ You can download the press kit NOW...But yesterday that link just gave you the press kit of the French band "We Are Savage And Badly Infected" (W.A.S.A.B.I.) instead, so was of very little help!

I informed Alex about this error in my message to him on facebook and he has since fixed the link on his website.

Thanks for updating the album page!
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2018 at 07:57
You're welcome, keep the good work Thumbs Up
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 09:31

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=7518. No track times.

1. Whistle (1:41)
2. Firing Line (5:06)
3. Shadows (5:55)
4. Green (2:58)
5. Blood (4:58)
6. Red Fields (1:21)
7. Walk With Me (5:09)
8. Campaign (8:38)
9. Sweet Dreams (4:39)
10. Blue (1:43)
11. Again (6:03)
12. Restless (5:24)
13. The Last Campain (7:15)

NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 11:25
^ Thanks, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 11:00
The Red Masque have a new live album out called Live at the Kennett Flash. There are 4 tracks on it:

1) Where Once Were Rivers 6:22
2) The Shallows 10:00
3) Fathomless 9:28
4) Malum 9:53

The album was published in 2018.

The personnel is:

Bass and Keys: Brandon Lord Ross
Vocals, Percussion, Lyrics: Lynnette Shelley
Guitar: David Carle
Drums: Jim Harris

Here the cover art:

All four tracks will be on their hopefully upcoming new studio album, for which they need crowd funding. Since for some reason Lynnette Shelley can't access ProgArchives on her computer (though she is a member) she asked Jean in an e-mail to post their request for crowd funding their new album; here the link to that request:

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=114175&KW=The+Red+Masque&PID=5545759#5545759

Once the album is added either Jean or I will write a review of it.

Edited by BaldFriede - March 13 2018 at 11:15

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 14:56
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=2820. No track times, plus other alterations/additions necessary (there have been ten other releases as well as the one mentioned here on the PA page).

The discogs page for the particular UICY 9121 Japanese release mentioned on our page for the album is here: https://www.discogs.com/Ibis-Sun-Supreme/release/3264979, and includes the track times as well as the names of the sub sections of the songs making up the album.

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 16:56
^ OK, thanks !
(On better thought - I'll update  the whole discog)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2018 at 08:39
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9466. No track times (all albums).

Track times for two of them can be found here: https://www.discogs.com/artist/4698971-Walfad, but only the English version of 'Momentum' (2016) has its track times listed here. The Polish version of this album differs slightly, and the times for that can be found here: http://artrock.pl/recenzje/53849/walfad_momentum.html.

I didn't find the track times for the 2012 CDR 'We Are Looking For A Drummer' mini-album (in the Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo section) as yet, but discogs lists five tracks for it, whereas we currently show only four.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2018 at 08:54
^ OK, I'll see what I can do ... thanks!

(If you could post here the info already configured for upload, that would be much appreciated and a real help)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2018 at 09:16
Sorry...I just thought you liked to confirm everything to your own satisfaction before making any changes, so I didn't do this the last couple of times I've posted here.

I'll go back to including the times ready configured in future...but you might still need to check them closely in case I made any errors/typos.

Edit: The bio also could do with a tweak or two. There are a quite lot of spurious characters in it where Polish letters with diacritics should be.

Edited by yam yam - March 21 2018 at 09:25
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 42>