Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJinetes Negros (Argentina)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jinetes Negros (Argentina)
    Posted: October 16 2007 at 05:48

For the teams to add:

Jinetes Negros from Argentina, on their album Omniem they play a wonderful, often dynamic blend of classical, Heavy Prog and folk with a very lush instrumentation, ranging from guitar, organ, flute traverse and saxophone to the use of ethnic instruments like the quena.

Edited by erik neuteboom - October 16 2007 at 05:49
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 05:51
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 05:59

Progressive Metal Shocked ... not on their new album Jinetes Negros! I have just checked the inclusion, lots of non review one star ratings about their two albums but if I read the only review (about their first album) I cannot conclude it's Prog Metal:

JINETES NEGROS — El Jinete Negro

Review by geezer

4%20stars ****1/2

This album is nowadays called Jinetes Negros, not “El Jinete Negro”. I believe this change was made when the Viajero Inmovil label issued this album. Before that it was only an independent release.

What a pleasant surprise this album was! This Argentinean group is a project by the keyboardist Octavio Stampalia, who was previously in the group Anima, and the singer Marcelo Ezcurra. According to the liner notes it is music composed for the poem “El Jinete Negro” (The Black Rider) by Nene D’inzeo. Her poems have inspired keyboardist Stampalia. The overall sound is very operatic due to the wonderfully arranged choirs. Besides the normal prog line-up there is some additional flute and violin in some of the tracks. The production quality is of high level as well.

The album starts with the wonderful “El Jinete Negro” with beautiful choir parts. The 2nd track “La Anciana” is more straightforward but excellent as well. There is a videoclip for this track included but I have to say that I don’t really like it. But the music is good. The album continues strongly after these tracks and the 4th beautiful track “Floreces, Tiemblas Y Te Vas” being the highlight from the album. The track “Sacro-Cielo”, again with beautiful choirs, deserves a mention too.

This album seems to have different covers. The Viajero Inmovil version I have is different, more beautiful might I add and housed in a very nice mini-lp sleeve. This version at least includes the already mentioned videoclip as well as different versions of the tracks “Floreces, Tiemblas Y Te Vas” and “Soldados de Fuego”. Mmmmmm....nice!

Conclusion: An impressive album!

My concludion about this band: a blend of several styles like classical, Heavy Prog and folk/ethnic.

Edited by erik neuteboom - October 16 2007 at 06:05
 Post Reply Post Reply