Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPINK FLOYD Pedantry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PINK FLOYD Pedantry
    Posted: March 16 2005 at 18:42
Yes, I am anal retentive

Whilst going through the FLOYD discography (so I could write album reviews on them), I've come across the following mistakes/omissions:

(Tonite, Let's All Make Love in London) - Dave Gilmour is not on this album, in fact hadn't even joined the group yet. It was recorded during 'The 14 Hour Technicolour Dream' on April, 29 1967. (not 1968 as is written). So two things need to be changed for this entry: Remove Gilmour from the 'Line-up' portion and change the date to 1967.

(Atom Heart Mother) - Ron Geesin has to be credited in the Line-up, he co-wrote and played on the 'Atom Heart Mother' Suite.

(The Division Bell) - Richard Wright should be added to the Line-up on keyboard and vocals, he is currently omitted as The Division Bell was his triumphant return to full member status in the FLOYD.

(Echoes - The Best of Pink Floyd) - 'Jugband Blues' is spelled incorrectly and Syd Barrett should be added to the line-up on guitar and vocals as he definitely plays on a few tunes on here.

(Dark Side of the Moon / SACD edition remaster) - This album should NOT be included in the archives, popular or not. Not only does it needlessly duplicate the album, the FLOYD will be remastering/re-releasing WYWH and other albums in the near future, and you can't be expected to add them all. Besides although the SACD version sounds great/better it is essentially the exact same musical piece.

Just trying to make the Archives as accurate as possible! If I'm being too picky, then just tell me to shut the %&@$ up!

Thanks

Edited by Cluster One
Marmalade...I like marmalade.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 14:37

Well spotted Cluster1, I don't think you're being pedantic at all.Clap

I'm sure Max & Roni will appreciate the opportunity to improve the acuracy of the information.

The best way to report such things though is either to use the Prog Archives tab on the main page, and complete the form, or to PM Max.

Edited by Easy Livin
Cluster One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 13:48
Ok great, thanks for the tip Easy Livin, will do!
Marmalade...I like marmalade.
 Post Reply Post Reply