Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The next U.S. President (for non-US members only)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe next U.S. President (for non-US members only)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Poll Question: Who do our non-U.S. members think should be the next U.S. president?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [1.64%]
13 [21.31%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.64%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.64%]
1 [1.64%]
32 [52.46%]
9 [14.75%]
1 [1.64%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [3.28%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 06:11
Four if you count Nader and Barr.  So glad the Republicans have their own Nader this year.  Congrats for those who picked Obama.  You may have figured out our next president in advance, at least I hope so.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 09:23
^ as I posted in another thread...  I think the only way Obama loses is if he loses it.  The way he handled himself and Hillary's vicious attacks bodes well for the general election.  IF we know anything at all.. the Right in lieu of substantive issues.. knows how to play the politics of personal destruction.  The thing is.. Hillary already brought out what there is to be dug out.  If they go further.. they will make the ignorant among their followers happy.. and completely turn off the sensible middle.

as I posted earlier again.... age.. not race may well be the decisive factor for those who go into the election cycle not having had their minds mind up... ie.  independents and the vast middle between the entrenched left and right.  People want change.. and there is no way McCain can sell  that... look at Hillary.. she couldn't. She..with McCain.. is part of the culture that the American people seem to want change from!
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Sacred 22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 13:29

The last president that wanted to change things was J.F.K. and we all know what happened to him. I'm sorry, but it really does not matter who wins because they all work for the same people. The Military Industrial Complex in conjunction with the overlords who are in non govt. organizations like the Council on Foreign Relations, The Builderburg Group, The Club Of Rome etc etc., none of which are voted in by the way, set the agenda. The way to decline will continue and that's easy to see what with just about all of the industry now located in China (which the UN calls the 'Model State' by the way). Fuel prices will continue to rise while we are led to believe that we are running out. Sooner or later people will see the bigger picture and the sooner we get our planet back into the hands of the people, the better. Politics is nothing more than a show for the public and 'they' gave the American people Obama. It's the same old stuff over and over again.Sleepy

It's amazing what can be pulled off with television. You still think it's our fault that we are causing 'Global Warming' ??  You know they teach the children in school now that Global Warming is a fact and it is still only a theory. A theory that is so full of holes that they have no business teaching it as fact let alone telling the children that it's because there are too many of us humans on this planet. More nonsense from your masters. People have got to start waking up.

Well, that's my rant. 
AcrAngEL View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 03:04

http://pollclash.com<-------- looking at their most recent speeches, in what do you think about what you hear? Now that the candidates are set for the US Presidential Election, Barack Obama and John McCain are beginning to set the tone for their campaign.

Edited by AcrAngEL - June 09 2008 at 03:05
tardis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 03:22
Ick...none of them! And ESPECIALLY not Obama...baby murderer!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 06:46
Originally posted by Sacred 22 Sacred 22 wrote:

The last president that wanted to change things was J.F.K. and we all know what happened to him. I'm sorry, but it really does not matter who wins because they all work for the same people. The Military Industrial Complex in conjunction with the overlords who are in non govt. organizations like the Council on Foreign Relations, The Builderburg Group, The Club Of Rome etc etc., none of which are voted in by the way, set the agenda. The way to decline will continue and that's easy to see what with just about all of the industry now located in China (which the UN calls the 'Model State' by the way). Fuel prices will continue to rise while we are led to believe that we are running out. Sooner or later people will see the bigger picture and the sooner we get our planet back into the hands of the people, the better. Politics is nothing more than a show for the public and 'they' gave the American people Obama. It's the same old stuff over and over again.Sleepy

It's amazing what can be pulled off with television. You still think it's our fault that we are causing 'Global Warming' ??  You know they teach the children in school now that Global Warming is a fact and it is still only a theory. A theory that is so full of holes that they have no business teaching it as fact let alone telling the children that it's because there are too many of us humans on this planet. More nonsense from your masters. People have got to start waking up.

Well, that's my rant. 

nice rant LOL  Especially found to the part on global warning to be quite... humorous. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 08:11
Pay no attention to the melting ice caps and receding glaciers behind the curtain.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Norbert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 13:53
Originally posted by tardis tardis wrote:

Ick...none of them! And ESPECIALLY not Obama...baby murderer!

ClapClapClap
I think the same, seriously.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 16:13
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Pay no attention to the melting ice caps and receding glaciers behind the curtain.

a vast left wing conspiracy I'm sure in some people's minds... LOL
Visitor13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 17:08
I'd love the next US president be someone that the likes of Kim Dzong Il and the American Nazi Party would never be able to express support for, even if they tried.

AFAIK this excludes representatives of both major US parties.
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 17:10
Washington's broken - the big problems that we face aren't going to be solved by either of these two clowns.
KoS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 17:22
^ClapOuch
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 18:05
Originally posted by NaturalScience NaturalScience wrote:

Washington's broken - the big problems that we face aren't going to be solved by either of these two clowns.

no?  well even with that view Pat... they sure can get a hell of a lot worse LOL

FROM CNN’s Jack Cafferty:

The economic news seems to get worse with each passing day… but it sounds like John McCain may not have heard the news. Here’s what he said Thursday in Florida: “I have a fundamental belief that, I have a great belief that the fundamentals of our economy are very strong, very strong.”

Really, Senator McCain? That’s not what millions of Americans are saying. A new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll shows 78% of those surveyed rate economic conditions as “poor”. Only 22 percent say “good.”

Here are some of the reasons: The economy lost another 49,000 jobs last month, which means more than 324,000 jobs have been lost since the first of the year. The unemployment jumped to 5.5% last month – that’s the biggest increase in the unemployment rate in 22 years.

More and more Americans are losing their homes: one million homes are now in foreclosure. The equity Americans have in their homes-their biggest asset-has declined to the lowest level since the end of World War II. Americans’ net worth has declined by a staggering $1.7 trillion dollars.

Then there are the rising costs of energy. For the first time in our history, gasoline now tops $4 a gallon and is headed higher. Oil traded at a record high of $139 a barrel Friday, with predictions of $150 a barrel by July 4 and Goldman Sachs saying it could reach $200 a barrel within two years. The peak summer driving season is just getting under way. These fuel prices impact the cost of virtually everything else.

And, with the nation on the brink of recession, the stock market is taking a hit too – declining almost 400 points last Friday alone. The U.S. dollar continues to weaken against almost all foreign currencies – declining 15% against the euro in the last year. We are $9 trillion in debt thanks to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the irresponsible fiscal policies of the Bush administration. And we continue to run huge trade deficits with China.

Here’s my question to you: Is John McCain right when he says the fundamentals of our economy are very strong?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

William writes:
Oh really? Our gas was $1.46 and he and his Congress invaded Iraq after 9-11. Now, 4000+ Americans dead and thousands with their limbs blown off. Iraqis are keeping their oil profits and our economy and lives are going down the tube. Pretty hard to think there is an economic problem when your wife is worth a few hundred million. What a guy. Hero? Yes. In touch? Not even close. And this, from a Republican who was going to vote for him until this today.

Nancy from Florida writes:
Does John McCain live in the same United States of America that the rest of us do? While my family can weather the current situation, many families cannot. The sharp rise in unemployment should be enough to get anyone’s attention. Rising prices and no jobs does not exactly equal “strong.”

Eric from Flint, Texas writes:
McCain is correct in saying the fundamentals of the economy are strong. Unemployment at 5.5% and gasoline for $4 a gallon would be such good economic news in France that there would be dancing in the streets.

Beverly from New York writes:
Jack, Mr. McCain resides in a bubble, happily insulated by his wife’s money. He should try living like an ordinary American for 1 month on a Social Security check. I think his perspective on the economy would change.

Russ from St. Paul, Minnesota writes:
Jack, The economy isn’t on the rise, but it’s not that bad. All you need to prove it is look at the weekend box office. Kung Fu Panda earned $60 million dollars. No offense to Jack Black and Angelina Jolie, but that really shows some people have too much money in all honesty.

Tiffany from Richmond, California writes:
His economy is in good shape - his wife is rich!

Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 16:01
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Companies are using the north pole as a way of transporting goods by ship faster and underwater exploration where they believe resides 25% of the Worlds supply of oil and natural gas.  How could they do this unless there was less ice left to contend with? Forget the middle east the next battleground is a melted polar Ice cap. 

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"
Sacred 22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 16:02

Originally posted by Sacred 22 Sacred 22 wrote:

Well, that's my rant. 

nice rant LOL  Especially found to the part on global warning to be quite... humorous. 

The planet we live on has temperature fluctuations through the ages and as a result we get warming periods and cooling periods. At one time Greenland was inhabited long before the Industrial Revolution and now it is largely uninhabited because the mean temperature dropped. If you look at the planets of our solar system you will discover that they are warming up as well. No, 'Global Warming' is being fuelled by a lot of funding from non govt. organizations who have a vested interest in having us pay extra taxes such as 'carbon tax' and the like. It's a nice way to lump the lot of humanity into one pile and announce that we are the problem. I can remember GM coming out with an electric car and then suddenly out of nowhere the car was discontinued. Not only was the idea scrapped, but every car was destroyed. I refuse to believe the people running this planet when all they give us is corruption and still more corruption and sell the masses via the television. What a propaganda machine it is.
At one time people thought the Earth was flat because the 'church' said so. Anyone who challenged that notion was considered a heretic and nothing has changed today, nothing. We have the Shepards and we have his flock.
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 16:05

Jack, The economy isn’t on the rise, but it’s not that bad. All you need to prove it is look at the weekend box office. Kung Fu Panda earned $60 million dollars. No offense to Jack Black and Angelina Jolie, but that really shows some people have too much money in all honesty.

That is the funniest thing I have read this week.  LOL

TGM: Orb View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 16:10
Originally posted by Sacred22 Sacred22 wrote:

At one time people thought the Earth was flat because the 'church' said so. Anyone who challenged that notion was considered a heretic and nothing has changed today, nothing.

Not really relevant to the thing being discussed, but I think that's a bit of a distortion of the truth and a popular perception that's mostly unfounded.
yawn
wiki. Can research further if you can be bothered.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 17:02
Originally posted by Garion81 Garion81 wrote:

Companies are using the north pole as a way of transporting goods by ship faster and underwater exploration where they believe resides 25% of the Worlds supply of oil and natural gas.  How could they do this unless there was less ice left to contend with? Forget the middle east the next battleground is a melted polar Ice cap. 

hahah.. stupid me...  yes.. another RIGHT wing Conspiracy... couldn't trick the Arabs out of  control of their oil with delusions of Democracy.... so I guess the Neo-Facists and the Miltary-Industrial Complex are looking for new targets... the Eskimos. LOL
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 17:03

That is the funniest thing I have read this week.  LOL

I laughed out loud at that one as well LOL

Edited by micky - June 10 2008 at 17:03
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 17:33
Originally posted by Micky Micky wrote:

Originally posted by Micky Micky wrote:

haha.. stupid me...  yes.. another RIGHT wing Conspiracy... couldn't trick the Arabs out of  control of their oil with delusions of Democracy.... so I guess the Neo-Fascists and the Military-Industrial Complex are looking for new targets... the Eskimos. LOL

Actually I think Neal Morse or Phil Collins must behind it being this is a prog forum.  Wink

On a serious note here is a recent article I read on what i was speaking of.  Not the most profound source, of course,  which to me speaks volumes of the situation.

http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2008/edition_06-01-2008/2Arctic

Edited by Garion81 - June 10 2008 at 17:34

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>