FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed"Notwehr", movie featuring Guru Guru on DVD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Notwehr", movie featuring Guru Guru on DVD
    Posted: January 18 2008 at 15:54
I'd like to point out this DVD release of an excellent TV-movie named "Notwehr" ("Self Defense"), in which Guru Guru (around 1976) not only appear as musicians but also as actors. Especially drummer Mani Neumeier definitely shows some talent. Here a short summary of the movie:

The rock band Rattenf�nger (Rat-Catchers), played by the German Krautrock legend Guru Guru, moves to the small village of Ebenrein to compose in the peace and quiet of the country-side. The villagers and the local councillor (Erik Schumann) are not at all enthusiastic about the arrival of the young band. They worry that their presence will introduce a criminal element into the village's pastoral existence. A small number of locals try to dispel the prejudices of their peers, thus dividing the village into two factions. The situation becomes criitical after the band's leader and drummer Mani Neumeier starts a relationship with the under-age daughter of the local building contractor, Bergmann (played by Friedrich von Thun).
The builder's foreman Hans Zilke (G�nter Lamprecht) is disturbed one evening outside his house by a gang of youngsters and shoots blindly into the group, killing a young girl, one of the band's groupies. Zilke claims to have fired in self-defence, saying the youngsters were trying to break into his house.

And here a link to the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uu017TGpLk

I especially like the scene where the father of the girl says to Mani Neumeier: "Ich geh' auch nicht auf den nächsten Schulhof und hole mir irgendein Mädchen, verdammt noch mal!" ("I don't go to the next school yard either to pick up some girl, dammit"), whereupon Neumeier answers: "Na, das sollten sie vielleicht mal tun!" ("Well, you should perhaps do that some time"). LOL

I am not sure if this is put into the right category; if not, please move it where it belongs, admins.

Edited by BaldFriede - January 18 2008 at 18:56

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
 Post Reply Post Reply