Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnge line up - Souffleurs De Vers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ange line up - Souffleurs De Vers
    Posted: February 01 2008 at 19:33
Souffleurs De Vers is the latest  "Ange" album available.

The line-up specified in PA for this album is completely wrong. I mean that this is a mistake that should never occur on a prog site. Can you imagine Hackett and Gabriel be mentioned on "Abacab"? We get the same here.

The musicians referenced here belong to the historical line-up of this great band. Way different to the one that is playing on "Souffleurs De Vers".

Here is the accurate line-up (which is the same than the one on theri previous release) :

Benoit Cazzulini : drums, percussion
Caroline Crozat : vocals, chorus
Christian Decamps : lead vocals, acoustic guitar, piano
Tristan Decamps: keyboards, vocals
Hassan Hajdi : guitars, vocals
Thierry Sidhoum : bass

I really wonder how such a blunder is possible on this site.

"Ange", even if a French band and therefore not highly praised on this site was a great player on the prog scene in the sevenites (the golden prog age). I can't understand such a treat. Please, put more attention while a new album is added to PA (this one being added by Prog Lucky).

I understand that it is a daunting task to verify the line-up of each of the albums from PA. But a quick check on the Internet might often suffice. Please take care of this in the future (or maybe reinforce the team with a person who should take care for this).

Best regards from a PA fan and reviewer,

Daniel.

ZowieZiggy
T.Rox View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2008 at 20:06
Hi Daniel,

A little blunt there, don't you think? Everyone does things for PA for the love of it and mistakes get made!

I have done the "quick check on the internet" as you have suggest and cannot confirm that the info you have given me is correct. Can you point me to somewhere where the data is confirmed and verified? (I can't make heads nor tales of Ange's official website to try to confirm it there)

I will update the PA data based on your listing.

Do you have track times available?

Cheers,

Coops Thumbs%20Up

Historical record: Line-up as originally posted

- Christian Decamps / keyboards, vocals
- Daniel Haas / bass
- Francis Decamps / keyboards
- Gérard Jelsch / drums, percussion
- Jean-Michel Brezovar / guitar

"Without prog, life would be a mistake."

...with apologies to Friedrich Nietzsche
ZowieZiggy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2008 at 21:49
Hi Coops,

Here are two sources from which you can get the line-up (both in French, unfortunately)

Do believe me, this is the correct one. I will testify this live on the 22nd of this month while attending "Ange" live concert in Verviers (the great "Spirit Of 66" club in Belgium).

As far as track times are concerned, here we go :

1. Tous Les Boomerangs Du Monde : 4'50"
2. Les Écluses : 4'58"
3. Dieu Est Un escroc : 8:15"
4. Nouvelles Du Ciel : 3'16"
5. Interlude : 2'01"
6. Où Vont Les Escargots ? : 4'19"
7. Coupée En Deux : 5'58"
8. Les Beaux Restes : 4'17"
9. Souffleurs De Vers (Synopsis) : 3'05"
10. Souffleurs De Vers (Film) : 16'45"
11. Journal Intime : 2'33"

Total Time : 60'17"

It is now almost 4 AM in Belgium, and I'll have some rest...Read you tomorrow...

Regards,

Daniel.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2008 at 02:37
Originally posted by ZowieZiggy ZowieZiggy wrote:

I really wonder how such a blunder is possible on this site.

"Ange", even if a French band and therefore not highly praised on this site was a great player on the prog scene in the sevenites (the golden prog age). I can't understand such a treat. Please, put more attention while a new album is added to PA (this one being added by Prog Lucky).

I understand that it is a daunting task to verify the line-up of each of the albums from PA. But a quick check on the Internet might often suffice. Please take care of this in the future (or maybe reinforce the team with a person who should take care for this).

Best regards from a PA fan and reviewer,

Daniel.

Hey Daniel,

Coops beat me to this one (not too difficult given time of day and time differences Wink). A bit of a surprising post from you, though. I assume time of day was getting at you? The E&O team are quite active these days, but they can't see everything - that's why this forum section exists. Albums can be added by everyone, and people do make mistakes, even on prog sites. Please don't blame your fellow collabs for this. Thumbs%20Up

Cheers,

Angelo
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
ZowieZiggy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2008 at 19:08
Hi Angelo,

OK, maybe you're right. It was quite late while I posted my comments. But I was really disturbed to read this line up. Anyway, it has been corrected now which is the most important thing. I always look for providing accurate information to improve the increasing quality of PA. Even if some time I might be either sarcastic (in my reviews) or some times assertive like yesterday.

Now, I get another one for you.

I am currently reviewing the discography for "Le Orme" (Italian Symphonic). IMO there is a problem with the entry for their album "Biancaneve" released in 1995. This is the CD version of their 1982 album called "Venerdi" (it is even specified as such). I would suggest to merge these two entries since they refer to the same album (same track list, same line-up).

I would probably hold "Venerdi" since it was the original album and incorporate the review(s) for "Biancaneve" into the original entry , but it is up to you. This is what can be read on "Le Orme" official site :

·· 1995 ··
Biancaneve (ristampa di "Venerdì")

I guess that it is obvious...

Keep on with the good work. As I have said in my original post : I am a PA fan. Regards,

Daniel.
ZowieZiggy
T.Rox View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2008 at 06:29
Track times are done ... will seek advice on the Le Orme issue Thumbs%20Up
"Without prog, life would be a mistake."

...with apologies to Friedrich Nietzsche
 Post Reply Post Reply