Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUnfavourable coverage of Rush MP3s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unfavourable coverage of Rush MP3s
    Posted: April 04 2004 at 10:46

It has just come to my attention that ProgArchives' selection of MP3s on the rush page - www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_BAND.asp?b and_id=609 - fails to represent the band completely and accurately. The selection misses two of the band's phases, and includes worthless throwaways from a third.

first of all, I would like to congratulate you for adding Bastille Day and 2112 overture- The Temples of Syrinx on the page, they are two of the best songs of the period.

however, there is nothing to represent the second period, which is arguably their most creative. I would recommend adding 'Closer To The Heart' as one of their most popular songs. while definitely not their most progressive, it is one of their most popular. for a taste of the band's progressive flourish, I would recommend either Cygnus X-1 or La Villa Strangiato. Another choice would be Freewill or Jacob's Ladder from Permanent waves(you could even include the live version of Jacob's Ladder from 'Exit Stage Left' to represent their live albums!) A song from Moving Pictures is also necessary, as it is one of their best albums, and a ProgArchives suggestion.

As for the third period, the songs representing it are not of the best quality. New World Man or Subdivisions would be a much better choice than the Analog Kid, but I have no disagreement with your decision to include that particular song. Marathon, on the other hand, is a despicable throwaway on Power Windows, and how you managed to choose this song over the stunning Big Money escapes me still.

Lastly, I believe the fourth period of the band is worth recognizing. Some good songs of this period are Driven, Show Don't Tell, The Pass, and Roll The Bones. Nonetheless, this period is less important than the aforementioned ones, especially the second phase.

In order to help endorse this great band, I hope you will update the page soon. Thank you for enduring my long rant on the subject

M@X View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2004 at 01:05

As requested Mr. Glass-Prison,

new MP3s can be found on the RUSH band pages

Thanks for the recommendations ... it is always appreciated !

Prog On !
Glass-Prison View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2004 at 17:30
Man, you people are great. thanks for letting me put my two cents in
M@X View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 08:23

Edited by MAX@