Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Internal news
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - King Crimson videos and MP3s no longer allowed !
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKing Crimson videos and MP3s no longer allowed !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 12:46
Is this the same reason why Dream Theater isnt playing anymore too?
Hexenmeister View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 13:37
This is very interesting to read.  I recently considered playing some Crimson on my podcast, but decided, "Nah, Fripp's the type of guy who would probably try to sue me for it."  Glad to see I was right! Shocked

After reading Bill Bruford's biography, Fripp comes off sounding like the curmudgeon he's always appeared to be.  The man is responsible for some amazing music, but he's one of my few musical heroes whom I wouldn't want to sit and have a beer with.
Check out my podcast on iTunes: Temple of Snakes Metal Podcast

templeofsnakes.blogspot.com
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 15:15
Can you imagine Bob drunk out of his head coming onstage and tripping all over his gear and then throwing up all his gin and then having to be helped off stage by Adrian. Nahhh. For some reason I can`t even begin to picture that. For some reason.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 15:43
Originally posted by Hexenmeister Hexenmeister wrote:

After reading Bill Bruford's biography, Fripp comes off sounding like the curmudgeon he's always appeared to be.  The man is responsible for some amazing music, but he's one of my few musical heroes whom I wouldn't want to sit and have a beer with.

Neither would I, but that's because I really dislike beer.
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 16:05
I hadn't went through this thread before though it's been revived a couple of times. Fripp is a sad soul. At one level, I can see if he got ripped off before not wanting to be ripped off again, but if you read his diary the guy's obsessed. It's his life but that's a sad way to spend your golden years. Although he also seemed excited about Steven Wilson's remixing ITCOTKC for 5.1. At least that's about music.

He's at the age where he ought to give it all away to anyone who wants it for free!!!

I'm beginning to like the modern trend of Prog musicians who do music on the side more and more. Art for the love the art and no more.
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 17:31
I've also been reading his journal for the last half year and I don't feel Fripp as a "sad soul" at all. On the contrary, I would like to have his curiosity, imagination, temperament, power of concentration etc. when I am at his current age. But most of all I envy his sense of dialogue with the world around him: plants, gardens, houses, the sky, silence, music and art, people, friends, relations. It seems very rewarding to me.

Regarding the legal issues he's been through for the Crimson/Fripp catalogue, he seems to be right, at least into my eyes. All the power to him.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 10:02
Well said there Harmonium.ro. To put it in a nutshell Bob is a very odd fellow. I never tire of his diary and guess I don`t blame him for being so possessive regarding his material. Gary Larson who drew the Far Side cartoon panel is the same way. When the internet started to become popular he didn`t want his cartoons being used without his permission. The thing that makes me wonder about his diary is that how does the guy make time to actually live his life?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 13:17
I just checked youtube and it looks like Bob`s spies aren`t doing their job.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 13:33
Originally posted by Hexenmeister Hexenmeister wrote:

Fripp can be as much of a curmudgeon as he wants to be as I really like him musically. LOL
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345