Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRich Casey (Symphonic Prog)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rich Casey (Symphonic Prog)
    Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:10
I haven't heard this guy, but I came across a review of his album House of Cards and he is described as Symphonic Progressive Rock in the vein of Genesis.  His tagline is "progressive rock even your girlfriend will like".  So maybe there is hope for us.  Or maybe that is a sign that it is crossover prog instead.

Anyhow, I found a link to his House of Cards album on CD Baby which has some description and reviews and some links to samples.  It also refers to his first album No Way Out, which is described as more instrumental, so possibly even more progressive.

Has anybody heard this artist or have any thoughts on whether this is progressive under PA definitions?

And here is a link to CD Baby for his first album:

This one is described as Tony Banks meets Tony Iommi, but he still says to bring your girlfriend along.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:47
I listened to the samples for the first album No Way Out, and there is some progressiveness there, but to be honest it mostly just sounds like new age to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply