Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShould JOURNEY be included on PA?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should JOURNEY be included on PA?
    Posted: April 22 2008 at 13:22

OuchBefore i get hanged or shoot without mercy and a fair trial, please let me specific....

....i am not talking about JOURNEY lead by singer STEVE PERRY and their hits-machine during the 80s

I repeat
...i am not talking about JOURNEY lead by singer STEVE PERRY and their hits-machine during the 80s.LOL

I am talking about the humble beginnings of this band, their first 3 albums, especially the first 2 ..''JOURNEY'' and ''LOOKING INTO THE FUTURE''  where the vocals were handled ...nicely...by GREG ROLLIE .ex-SANTANA with another SANTANA member , NEAL SCHON on guitars and the great AYNSLEY DUNBAR on drums.

Their music had nothing to compare with what will come next when PERRY joined the band a few years later.
It was magical jazz-rock fusion with great rock guitar riffs and ultimate musicianship, nothing to make it to the top 40s and of course reminiscent of SANTANA sounds thanks to the guitar , the voice and the organ.

I know PA cannot allow reviews for just a partial catalogue of a band, but those albums should be part of any prog collection IMLHO

I will appreciate any comments you may haveClap

Edited by febus - April 22 2008 at 13:39
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 13:44
 Post Reply Post Reply