Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMonumentum (Ita)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monumentum (Ita)
    Posted: May 02 2008 at 12:52
I've recently listened a lot to this very interesting Italian band, Monumentum, and feel they'd be a great addition to this site.

Their first album, In Absentia Christi, is a bit more straightfoward gothic/ambient (still feel its progressive), but Ad Nauseum, their second album, is what should really get them included.  It's very similar to Ulver with its avant garde fusion of ambient, trip hop, and gothic music with metal undertones.

I'd recommend them for the same section as Ulver (wherever they are) and recommend their music to fans of Ulver, The Gathering, and In the Woods... as well as really any kind of dark and avant garde prog.

You can listen to a few samples of their music at their myspace (listen to Last Call of Life first): http://www.myspace.com/monumentum
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 15:56
Just started listening... Other than the vocals, which I don't quite care for, the music is very good.  That first track on myspace, "Last Call for Life" starts off so great.

I'll mention this to the appropriate people.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
metalisgood View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 16:18
well I think the vocals are a grower but I understand why you'd feel that way... they need more attention though thats for sure
 Post Reply Post Reply