Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat group of prog fans are the most fun?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Dream Theater fans or YES fans?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [35.29%]
11 [64.71%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 19:40
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

Dream Theater fans are the 2nd-most obnoxious fans, beaten only by Rush fans. what I mean by that is that they tend to go and say"...." (fill in they name of any band member) is the greatest player of .... (fill in the name of the instrument he plays)". now I have nothing against people saying "..." is a great musician on his/her instrument", but the best? how are you going to measure that? I am not saying that fans of other bands don't do that at all, but it is especially notable with these 2 bands. now while I certainly have my preferences as to whom I like best as a musician on a certain instrument I would not go and say anything like that; I would only say "I prefer ....'s (fill in the name of a musician I like best) style of playing". but best? how are you going to measure that? tempo? expression? ideas?

This wisdom from someone who told me I could not hold the opinion that VDGG's Pawn Hearts was IMHO an average album ?
Remember the two options you were allowing me ? Would this "pose" strike  you as fanboyism ?Confused
I would say that the fans of bands we dislike most are maybe the fans we find the most obnoxious.

(2nd occurrence of self editing of needless rant)

Anyway, be it music, sport, politics, whatever ... if you hate something enough, you're not going to be too excited about having to listen to someone rave about their fave representative of said field. And to somehow extend that opinion as an objective description is a bit much

Edited by debrewguy - June 16 2008 at 19:46
"Here I am talking to some of the smartest people in the world and I didn't even notice,” Lieutenant Columbo, episode The Bye-Bye Sky-High I.Q. Murder Case.
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2008 at 05:29
Seems you guys forgot the worst(most fun) fanboys of em all the ones this site was pretty much built by... the Genesis fanboys, you know how it goes Genesis is the best prog band of all time by far, Without genesis this site whuldent excist, and the most funny thing with em is they only seem to listen to genesis and genesis sounding neo prog bands, they only post in genesis related topics and always show up in polls to tell us how superior genesis is to every other prog band ever...
Bj-1 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 11:54
You forgot us RIO fanboiz Cry

Tongue

RIO/AVANT/ZEUHL - The best thing you can get with yer pants on!
EXERIOR Experimental tech/death/progmetal from Norway!
MovingPictures07 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 12:04
Magma, of course!! Big%20smile

(Only to be followed by Rush fans)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123