Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - One of the oldest rivalries of modern civilisation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOne of the oldest rivalries of modern civilisation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Tea or Coffee?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
22 [53.66%]
19 [46.34%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 21:59
PG Tips 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 22:05
Tea for me....   iced.. hot...  liquid, solid, or vapor.. .doesn't matter

you can drink it.. snort it.. 'chew' it.. hell.. maybe even cook with it. The greatest of all God's creations.. well.. next to Rickenbacker basses that is.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Prof. View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 01:21
You cant do any better and a hot cup of tea while listening to the soothing tones of King Crimson, and perhaps reading a quaint little book.

Black Teas are my mind source of the rare element 'give a damn'. Earl Grey is good, Lady Grey is also a nice change. The greatest tea in all creation is 'Chrismas Morning' by Stash. Assam, Ceylon, Sumatra, Jasmine, and Keemun. If brewed right its a little smokey and rich, but the Jasmine gives it a sweet aftertaste.

And of course no milk/sugar. Im a purist at heart.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 03:58
At home I drink tea ... several pots a day - Yorkshire blend, little milk, a pinch of sugar.

I would never add milk to green or white teas, and certainly not to Earl Grey - a touch of lemon's okay.

...don't get me started on ice tea or herb tea or tea made with bits of twig, forest floor scrapings infused with some exotic fruits Dead 

For years I couldn't drink coffee because it gave me migraines, until I discovered that it was only instant coffee that did that, so if I'm out I'll drink filter or expresso coffee because I've yet to find a café/restaurant that serves a proper cup of tea (the water has to be boiling when added to the tea - most places use water that is off the boil which is best for coffee, but not for tea)
What?
LinusW View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 05:31
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Tea for me....   iced.. hot...  liquid, solid, or vapor.. .doesn't matter

you can drink it.. snort it.. 'chew' it.. hell.. maybe even cook with it. The greatest of all God's creations.. well.. next to Rickenbacker basses that is.

Finally someone who understands.....Hug
LinusW View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 05:32
Originally posted by darqDean darqDean wrote:

...don't get me started on ice tea or herb tea or tea made with bits of twig, forest floor scrapings infused with some exotic fruits Dead 

Finally someone who understands....Hug
Man Erg View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 05:53
Tea for me

Other than 'Builders'* I like:-
English Breakfast,Assam,Earl Grey,Yorkshire Tea,Gunpowder and Dhajeeling.All loose-leaf if possible

Tea up!

* Bog standard tea bags

Edited by Man Erg - June 19 2008 at 05:59

Do 'The Stanley' otherwise I'll thrash you with some rhubarb.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 08:22
I love both. I always start the day with tea, PG Tips or Twinings English Breakfast tea.

I'll have a few cups of coffee during the day too. If I'm at home, any half decent Caffetiere coffee will do, strength 3 or 4. If I'm out I'll have a Cappuccino or Latte.

Wont drink instant coffee at all.   

Edited by Blacksword - June 24 2008 at 08:24
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 08:43
Originally posted by darqDean darqDean wrote:

At home I drink tea ... several pots a day - Yorkshire blend, little milk, a pinch of sugar.

I would never add milk to green or white teas, and certainly not to Earl Grey - a touch of lemon's okay.

For years I couldn't drink coffee because it gave me migraines, until I discovered that it was only instant coffee that did that, so if I'm out I'll drink filter or expresso coffee because I've yet to find a café/restaurant that serves a proper cup of tea (the water has to be boiling when added to the tea - most places use water that is off the boil which is best for coffee, but not for tea)

never any sugar in my tea!

Edited by BaldJean - June 24 2008 at 08:45

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 09:06
I also belong to the 'no sugar' school of tea drinkers. Actually, I never take sugar in coffee either - at home I put a little milk in my coffee, while I generally drink bar-made espresso black. I only put sugar in iced tea, together with other goodies such as lemon or orange slices, cinnamon sticks and fresh mint leaves.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 09:18
My sugar intake is dropping. I use to have a little tea with my sugar Wink, now just a few grains to take the edge of bitterness off is all I need. Coffee - always black and very strong, sugar depending upon how bad the original brew is - if it's muddy or burnt then plenty of sugar - otherwise sugarless.
What?
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 10:20
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

I also belong to the 'no sugar' school of tea drinkers. Actually, I never take sugar in coffee either - at home I put a little milk in my coffee, while I generally drink bar-made espresso black. I only put sugar in iced tea, together with other goodies such as lemon or orange slices, cinnamon sticks and fresh mint leaves.

I also put no sugar into my coffee. however, you may try something else: how about freshly ground black pepper? at first this may sound absurd, but it is not at all. the aromatic oils in the pepper take away the bitterness of the coffee without sweetening it. it has to be freshly ground though, else the aromatic oils are gone

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
The Pessimist View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 10:28
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

I also put no sugar into my coffee. however, you may try something else: how about freshly ground black pepper? at first this may sound absurd, but it is not at all. the aromatic oils in the pepper take away the bitterness of the coffee without sweetening it. it has to be freshly ground though, else the aromatic oils are gone

I might try that actually

No sugar for me as well Dead it ruins the taste for me.

I tend to put a spot of brandy in black coffee as well on special occasions (when i have brandy ), the ethanol tends to amplify the flavour. But that's a very polish thing to do, we do love the strong stuff!
"Market value is irrelevant to intrinsic value."

Arnold Schoenberg
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 10:34
I've had black pepper on strawberries and that works, so pepper in coffee sounds interesting.
What?
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 11:29
Sugar in tea is just wrong! Angry  Plus I'm diabetic anyway. Big%20smile
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Statutory-Mike View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2008 at 12:15
coffee.
proggrl View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 08:33
This poll needs a "Both" option!  :)

I probably drink more coffee these days just for the wake up factor.  Tea - Mostly herbal or iced, plain please, no diluting it with sugar or cream.  I save that stuff for the coffee.  Admittedly, tea is far tastier.  :) 
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.
Luke. J View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 13:11
Normaly, I like tea and coffee equally, but recently I mostly drink coffee. For me too, no sugar or milk belongs in both. Only on my crazy days I have a little coffee to my sugar.

What annoys me the most is that some bars brew the coffee, let it get cold and say that it was iced coffee.. drinking this.. mess.. is like bitter water. Bah!
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 14:39
I've a very sweet tooth. I've got my sugar down to one teaspoon per cup tea and coffee) Having given up the ciggies, weening myself off sugar is to be my next health drive.

I remember my dad putting 3 sugars in his tea, when I was a kid. He could probably have stood the spoon up in it!
burtonrulez View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 13:39
In the immortal words of Jean-Luc Picard, 'Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123