Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOdin's Court - Deathanity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Odin's Court - Deathanity
    Posted: June 25 2008 at 19:13

Deathanity by Odin's Court

so I just picked this up last week and thought i’d share about what i'm thinking.  it slays!  this band seemed to come out of nowhere with this album.

so it seems to be a concept album about people and global destruction or something like that but it is well done and there is a good balance of perspective i think.  the song titles are all whacky and maybe a bit too artsy but they make sense when you read about them in the booklet.  its pretty creative i guess.

its a pretty long cd to.  I don’t know exactly how to describe it – prog mixed with occasional classical, jazz, and other influences.  metal at times and rock at times.  parts really rock and are crunchy though they are also very floydian to in a good way with sax female singers sound clips.

lots of layers in the music and vocals.  what I like about the vocals is they are more middle range – not traditional high screechey stuff found in most metal and prog.  the sax player rips it up too on a couple of tracks.  they even have tom englund from everygrey on a track!  i’m not a huge sonata arctica fan but their normal singer is also on there and that song rocks!

my favorite tracks are obesite, volataliestial, mammonific, and crownet.  some songs like esoterica are a little weaker but i think i need to listen more since the album is so dense.

anybody else checked this out?

anyone heard their other stuff?  I can’t seem to find it anywhere.  But they do have an old song on their myspace.

TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 21:38
I am pretty familiar with the band,they are from my homestate of Maryland.

I wasn't aware that they had a new album out but am now very eager to check it out.Thanks for the heads up!

Post Reply Post Reply