Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent Purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 284285286287288 524>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 23:01
ULVER--Messe ( looking forward to this. Guldbamsen you loving this was the last straw! Had to have it.)
Devil Doll--Eiogabulas ( courtesy of a fine recommendation from Dennis a.k.a The.Crimson.King)

Happy Labor day Progheads!!!   
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 23:19
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Devil Doll--Eiogabulas ( courtesy of a fine recommendation from Dennis a.k.a The.Crimson.King)

Well played my friend, I guarantee you've never heard anything quite like it Evil Smile
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 23:24
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

<span ="Apple-style-span" style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba26, 26, 26, 0.296875; -webkit-com-fill-color: rgba175, 192, 227, 0.230469; -webkit-com--color: rgba77, 128, 180, 0.230469; ">
</span>
<span ="Apple-style-span" style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba26, 26, 26, 0.296875; -webkit-com-fill-color: rgba175, 192, 227, 0.230469; -webkit-com--color: rgba77, 128, 180, 0.230469; "></span>
<span ="Apple-style-span" style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba26, 26, 26, 0.296875; -webkit-com-fill-color: rgba175, 192, 227, 0.230469; -webkit-com--color: rgba77, 128, 180, 0.230469; ">Well played my friend, I guarantee you've never heard anything quite like it Evil Smile</span>

Anything for my beloved Goth music tastes. It will be a fine addition to my collection of goth Heros of music. ;)
Thanks again.
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGazzardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2013 at 01:52
Originally posted by Metalmarsh89 Metalmarsh89 wrote:

King Crimson - In the Wake of Poseidon and Lizard, the 40th Anniversary editions.

I can't seem to find Starless and Bible Black of the same edition on Amazon. They've been out of stock for several months.

When amazon is out of stock don't be afraid to check the "available new/used from these sellers" section. I buy from amazon a lot and I almost exclusively order from the third party sellers. Even when you can't get the discounted shipping, it's usually cheaper than ordering from amazon, if you are ok to wait little while longer. Just make sure to check the sellers rating before buying. I've never had a bad experience (I've had two CDs that never arrived but in each case was fully refunded by the seller) but it's best to be careful.

If you're not comfortable with that, it does seem to be in stock at both Wayside Music and The Lasers Edge.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2013 at 12:10
ProgDay Haul

Miriodor - Cobra Fakir
Out Of The Beardspace - s/t
Thank You Scientist - Maps Of Non-Existent Places
Stolen Babies - There Be Squabbles Ahead
ProgDay T-Shirt
Miriodor T-Shirt
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGazzardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2013 at 15:04
^Were Stolen Babies there? That album is great btw. 
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2013 at 15:16
Originally posted by TheGazzardian TheGazzardian wrote:

Nope - there were vendors selling a wide range of albums. I actually got it for nothing as one of the guys I was hanging with bought it, listened to it & decided he hated it.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2013 at 16:59
Ordered:

Brotzmann - FAS
Blumenkratz - Book Of Angels Vol 19
SML - Live Adventure
Brotzmann/Noble - I Am Here...
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGazzardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2013 at 21:09
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Nope - there were vendors selling a wide range of albums. I actually got it for nothing as one of the guys I was hanging with bought it, listened to it & decided he hated it.

Haha. I'm surprised they were being sold there as they're not really prog, the converse being I'm not overly surprised it wouldn't necessarily appeal to all progheads. Hopefully you get more enjoyment out of it than the guy you were hanging with did
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 01:37
Christain Death--The Iron Fist

Tomorrow...

NIN's Hesitation Marks--Deluxe edition.
Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 02:27
recently bought a few LPs

Genesis - Wind and Wuthering
Genesis - Invisible Touch (German pressing)
A-ha - Hunting High and Low
J.J. Cale - Naturally 
Moody Blues - A Question of Balance
Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
Angel City - Face to Face
Yes - Fragile
zappaholic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zappaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 08:20

Haha. I'm surprised they were being sold there as they're not really prog, the converse being I'm not overly surprised it wouldn't necessarily appeal to all progheads. Hopefully you get more enjoyment out of it than the guy you were hanging with did

I love that album too.  I seem to recall getting my copy for about 6 bucks.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H.L. Mencken
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 16:46

I really think you're gonna love it (though it's actually "The Iron Mask" Wink)...it makes a great pairing with Devil Doll's Eliogabulus Evil Smile

Thanks for returning the favour...I just bought the download of Saviour Machine's "Legend I" and am spinning it right now!  Oddly enough, at first listen many songs remind me of a cross between Christian Death and Devil Doll.

Goth on Bro Handshake

Edited by The.Crimson.King - September 03 2013 at 16:51
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGazzardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 21:47
Found a copy of Thinking Plague's In This Life for a pretty reasonable price on discogs, which arrived today.

Also waiting on a copy of Mew's A Triumph for Man. Discogs is definitely one of the best place to find OOP CDs. 
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 14:41
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

Ordered: Panzerpappa - Koralrevens Klagesang
Received and given it's first listen.

Very good album
Yeah, I really liked what I heard.
MFP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 15:42
Originally posted by Eria Tarka Eria Tarka wrote:

Nice Clap!

Headbanger
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 15:50
Originally posted by MFP MFP wrote:

Originally posted by Eria Tarka Eria Tarka wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.2;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.2;"></span>
<span style="line-height: 1.2;">Nice Clap!</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.2;">Headbanger</span>

I have to agree, but it's the 2 disc Nostrodammus album that cannot be overlooked. That is an incredible album and the most Prog-related music piece that Priest has ever done.
Get that if ya don't have it of course. :)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 16:02

I really think you're gonna love it (though it's actually "The Iron Mask" Wink)...it makes a great pairing with Devil Doll's Eliogabulus Evil Smile
Thanks for returning the favour...I just bought the download of Saviour Machine's "Legend I" and am spinning it right now!  Oddly enough, at first listen many songs remind me of a cross between Christian Death and Devil Doll.
Goth on Bro Handshake

Lol I've been saying as a joke to my nephew if he didn't behave nicely that 'I'd rule him with an iron fist' as a joke of course, so maybe that is why I entitled the album like that. Lol. Funny how the mind works.
MFP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 16:05
^^
I haven't heard Nostradamus yet but I tend to prefer Metal music with little prog on it Smile
The only exception might be Iron Maiden, love their last four albums.

Edited by MFP - September 04 2013 at 16:16
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 23:16

Goth on Bro Handshake

Lol I've been saying as a joke to my nephew if he didn't behave nicely that 'I'd rule him with an iron fist' as a joke of course, so maybe that is why I entitled the album like that. Lol. Funny how the mind works.

You could also tell him, "Don't make me get out the iron mask" Evil Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 284285286287288 524>