Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent Purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 524>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 21:50
Ordered:

Roach/Shepp - The Long March
A Braxton - Town Hall 72
CUD - In Praise...
Frith/Zorn - The Art Of Memory II
Wire Quartet - S/t
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2014 at 09:42
Steve Hackett Live DVD, Live at Royal Albert Hall, Limited Deluxe Artbook Edition

(On order)

Edited by HackettFan - June 01 2014 at 09:52
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2014 at 15:44

"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 13:15
Used CD pickups

Drive Like Jehu - s/t and Yank Crime
The Kinks - Low Budget (Velvel reissue)
Todd Rundgren - Hermit of Mink Hollow - the last of the 70s Todd/Utopia albums I hadn't heard yet.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Luna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 13:42
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Used CD pickups

Todd Rundgren - Hermit of Mink Hollow - the last of the 70s Todd/Utopia albums I hadn't heard yet.
Drive Like Jehu is hellagood
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 13:53
Originally posted by Luna Luna wrote:

Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Used CD pickups

Drive Like Jehu is hellagood
I actually first started seeking them out in the early 90s, but I've never heard them before now.  I was originally interested in them because they're related to another band I like called Creedle (who got added to PA recently).  I like what I'm hearing so far.  Pretty raw and intense stuff.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 14:29
I put in an order for

THE GATEHRING---If_Then_Someone_Else
THE GATHERING--Mandylion (when they were gothic and slightly rough around the edges. )

ELOY--Reincarnation On Stage (live!)-- This will be my first introduction to Eloy, so I am very much looking forward to this one. I know I'm starting in an odd place discography wise, but I looked at the Setlist and it seems to cover their 40 yr career quite well and what better way to hear a band live for the first time nonetheless. :)
It's a bold move but I've heard great things about guitarist/vocalist Frank Bornnerman.

GODSMACK--The Otherside ( wonderful album. Shows the softer and diversely acoustic sounds of the band. Sully Erna at his best. I recommend this album if people love the pure classical acoustic guitar sound. Lovely stuff. Purchase is way long overdue. Lol

Edited by progbethyname - June 05 2014 at 14:32
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 15:10
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

ELOY--Reincarnation On Stage (live!)-- This will be my first introduction to Eloy, so I am very much looking forward to this one. I know I'm starting in an odd place discography wise, but I looked at the Setlist and it seems to cover their 40 yr career quite well and what better way to hear a band live for the first time nonetheless. :)
It's a bold move but I've heard great things about guitarist/vocalist Frank Bornnerman.

Very good live and great setlist! A fine companion to this one is Pendragon's 'Out of order comes Chaos'.

(get Ocean asap)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 15:22
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Very good live and great setlist! A fine companion to this one is Pendragon's 'Out of order comes Chaos'.

(get Ocean asap)

Ocean and Planets seem to have an appeal to me through my Prog spidery sense. ;)
If I end of loving Reincarnation I will get both of those albums immediately.
Also. I very much enjoyed Pendragon's double live album "Out Of Order Comes Chaos" so I guess I am in for a real great listen with the Eloy album. I should get the Eloy album in about week. Once it arrives I will definitely let you know how I feel about it. I know your a big fan of Eloy, so I am sure you have a lot of great and interesting things to say about them. Look forward to it!!
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 20:33
^ You'll love it, no doubt about it. Play it LOUD, dude.
PC-72 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PC-72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 20:36
Eider Stellaire I! ...though sadly not on vinyl. I'm working on it!
A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 23:26
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

^ You'll love it, no doubt about it. Play it LOUD, dude.

LOUD you say? Oh I wouldn't have it any other way, my friend.
I have the ability to have a Marty McFly moment like in Back to The Future pt 1.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2014 at 12:50
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 07:11
Bushman's Revenge - Electric Komle - Live! (LP+CD)
Bushman's Revenge - Thou Shalt Boogie! (LP+CD)

I've got nothing to play the LP's on, but I want to get that sometime. In the meantime I'll just enjoy the CD's.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 08:09
Willem Mengelberg conducts Dvorak

Willem Mengelberg conducts Schubert
Luna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 21:07
Kaada - Music for Moviebikers
Sons of Kemet - Burn
Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses
Scott Walker - The Drift
Opeth - Blackwater Park
They Might Be Giants - Severe Tire Damage
New Order - Low Life
Man or Astro-Man? - Made from Technetium
Mirror Image View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirror Image Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 21:18
Recent purchases:

Filling in some holes in my Marillion collection. I already own Marbles, but only the one disc release. This version I bought is the 2-CD Deluxe Edition. Will be interested in hearing the pieces that weren't included on the one disc release.

Edited by Mirror Image - June 07 2014 at 21:19
“Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.” - Sergei Rachmaninov
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 02:57
I think those are all the ones I'm missing as well (except I got Marbles last year).  Honestly don't have much interest in getting them, though.....

Mine from this week...

At store:
Swans - To Be Kind
Gazpacho - Demon
Red Fang - Whales and Leeches

By mail:
Lineateorica - Lineateorica (EP)

Edited by infocat - June 08 2014 at 03:01
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Mirror Image View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirror Image Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 11:19
Originally posted by infocat infocat wrote:

I think those are all the ones I'm missing as well (except I got Marbles last year).  Honestly don't have much interest in getting them, though.....

I go through this love/hate thing with Marillion. One month I think they're one of the most incredible prog bands working today whereas the next month I might think "What in world was I smoking last month?" Lol...

Anyway, generally, I'm a fan of the band from Fish era until now. I do think, however, they're quite an uneven band. Some favorite albums are Misplaced Childhood, Clutching At Straws, Seasons End, Brave, Afraid of Sunlight, and Marbles. But even the albums I dislike have some good songs on them but not enough to redeem my opinion of these albums of course.

Edited by Mirror Image - June 08 2014 at 11:20
“Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.” - Sergei Rachmaninov
King Only View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 14:12
CENTROZOON - Never Trust The Way You Are.
THE SMITHS - Hatful Of Hollow Remaster.
TANGERINE DREAM - Bootleg Box Set Volume 2.
KOJI NAKAMURA - Masterpeace.

Edited by King Only - June 08 2014 at 14:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 524>