Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent Purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 524>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2015 at 09:17
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Just ordered from Rush Backstage....new vinyl reissues.

Rush~Presto (never had on vinyl)
Rush~Signals (my original copy is played out)

Had a feeling you'd grab those. :)

Smile

I am hoping they "improved" the sound of Presto. The CD version was always a very thin sounding version, it had no beef to it....The joys of digital recording/mastering back in the 90's Dead.

In a week Counterparts gets released, unlike Presto this CD had oompf, but will be nice to have on vinyl. December we get Power Windows, which I have the original vinyl issue and sounds great but could also use a bit of beef in the low end. And in January we get S&A......
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2015 at 23:57
Ordered:

Ganelin Trio - Ttango...
                  - Opuses
Glass Hammer - Perilous
Moha! - MO
Polar Bear - Same As You
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 00:09
Arrived today...

All Them Witches - Dying Surfer Meets His Maker (2015)
Kadavar - Kadavar remastered
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2015 at 19:02
Recent arrivals...

Adrenaline Mob - Men Of Honor
Agusa - Hogtid
Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura

Papir - Papir llll (vinyl)
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2015 at 18:50
Today's mail...

Circus Maximus - The 1st Chapter
Grandloom - Sunburst
Radio Moscow - Brain Cycles
Radio Moscow - 3 x 3 Quarters
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 09:53

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Just ordered from Rush Backstage....new vinyl reissues.

Rush~Presto (never had on vinyl)
Rush~Signals (my original copy is played out)

Had a feeling you'd grab those. :)

Smile

I am hoping they "improved" the sound of Presto. The CD version was always a very thin sounding version, it had no beef to it....The joys of digital recording/mastering back in the 90's Dead.

In a week Counterparts gets released, unlike Presto this CD had oompf, but will be nice to have on vinyl. December we get Power Windows, which I have the original vinyl issue and sounds great but could also use a bit of beef in the low end. And in January we get S&A......

I will tell you one thing that's for sure, SIGNALS is a beautiful recording. The cd pressing converted to analog is a match made in audio heaven. Great tonal balance.
Enjoy those great master releases. Expensive I know, but you are in good company for one who has had to spend extra $$ on music.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 09:59
An expensive haul for me, due to import fees but I just had to have some these albums. It is a life or death situation. Lol.

Alan parsons project. ( Live, try anything once, vulture culture, Live Span 2cd edition. )

Goblin-- four of a kind

Various Artists-- Jungle Records Goth Box: the ultimate collection (5cd set)

Vanden Plas-- chronicles of the immortals: path 2. ( should get this by Monday in the mail. Very excited! )

Edited by progbethyname - November 07 2015 at 10:00
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 10:01
^^ These Rush new vinyl reissues are a bit expensive, but totally worth it. Unfortunately I missed the albums between Caress of Steel and Permanent Waves and they all vanished.

This month's (mostly Italian) vinyl order, still waiting for some confirmations:
Astral Son - Silver Moon
Calibro 35 - S.P.A.C.E (Did you hear about this new album Gary? Smile)
Quella Vecchia Locanda - s/t
PFM - Storia di un Minuto
Maxophone - s/t
Il Tempio Delle Clessidre - s/t

Edited by Meltdowner - November 07 2015 at 10:02
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 10:02
^^ Let me know how's that Goblin album Nick Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 11:37
Well I think the Rush albums are not expensive, they run US23.00 to US35.00 from the RushBackstage website, plus S&H. The record stores are selling them for about US30.00....Also Sam I do see that Caress of Steel and PW are both available on the Rushbackstage website....For sure your S&H will be more but I really believe once these are all gone there will be no second pressings.
I did see all of them at one of the stores in Barcelona, I think they were running about €25-€30.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 11:43
Yesterday after work.....Stopped by my fav store and picked up:

Dire Straits~Brothers In Arms (my CD issue is good but the vinyl is stellar)
Funkadelic~Maggot Brain (Now that the reissue is out, time to have this on vinyl again)
Iron Maiden~Book of Souls (3-LP vinyl.nice!)
PF~The Wall (2012 remaster, been wanting this one...outstanding)

The Wall 2012 was remastered to vinyl by Doug Sax at The Mastering Lab (deadwax TML-M stamp), from original master tapes. I have spun Side 1 so far and man is it sweet, the fluidity and the lovely syrupy sound of Floyd comes thru so nice, the pressing is stellar with no surface noise...Really big warm lovely sound. It was pricey at US$45 but well worth it....my original copy has no grooves left LOL, it was time for a new one.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 11:52

Well I think the Rush albums are not expensive, they run US23.00 to US35.00 from the RushBackstage website, plus S&H. The record stores are selling them for about US30.00....Also Sam I do see that Caress of Steel and PW are both available on the Rushbackstage website....For sure your S&H will be more but I really believe once these are all gone there will be no second pressings.
I did see all of them at one of the stores in Barcelona, I think they were running about €25-€30.
I should have said a bit more expensive than usual: a single LP here is around 20€ normally.
I have these two, but not the ones in between.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 11:59
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I should have said a bit more expensive than usual: a single LP here is around 20€ normally.
I have these two, but not the ones in between.

I think they are all available, it is possible that Moving Pictures is all sold out, but check our Rushbackstage website. Hey it's only money and you will get more money next month, the vinyl will will bring a smile to your face...Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 12:08
I tried getting them from that website, but the shipping costs to Europe are scary Ouch True LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 12:10
Ohh...and I pre-ordered the Steven Wilson~4 1/2 Vinyl version yesterday too.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 12:11

I tried getting them from that website, but the shipping costs to Europe are scary Ouch True LOL

More scary is not having these in your collection.....Shocked
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 12:40

More scary is not having these in your collection.....Shocked
I know Confused I found a Portuguese seller on Discogs that has a brand new copy 2112 and I just ordered it... a bit more expensive than in other places but for 1.30€ of shipping it's cheaper Wink
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 16:57
My mailman was lazy today. He only brought two...

Adrenaline Mob - Coverta
Neal Morse - ?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 17:07
^ My mailman never brings anything during the weekend DisapproveTongue
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 18:02
^  We've always had Saturday mail service. From time to time they talk about stopping it because the internet has hurt the post office so much.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 524>