Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent Purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 409410411412413 524>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 05:22
^ I hope the new FO is great Smile
What's TAB? That bizarre name caught my attention Tongue
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 05:31
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Kosmischer Läufer - The Secret Cosmic Music Of The East German Olympic Program 1972-1983 Vol 3

Explain! Is this just a pisstake title, or is there something genuinely to it?!
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 05:44
^ I think it's genuine, it was Krautrock composed for athletes but was only released recently. It's a very nice album, by the way.

Edited by Meltdowner - May 09 2016 at 05:46
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 07:53
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Kosmischer Läufer - The Secret Cosmic Music Of The East German Olympic Program 1972-1983 Vol 3

Explain! Is this just a pisstake title, or is there something genuinely to it?!

I'm not sure if it's one of those hoax albums like Golem's Orion Awakes, Pyramid's selftitled, Galactic Explorers' Epitaph For Venus, The Nazgul'z selftitled as well as a few others I forget right now, but I know what I like and this one sounds like a long lost Harmonia/Cluster/NEU!/LA Düsseldorf album. First time I span it it was almost too much - like playing 'spot the musical reference' with a Krautrock connoisseur. Lately though I just don't care - mostly because it is so impeccably done.
Sorta like the Krautrock equivalent of The WatchBig smile

Edit: By hoax albums I am talking about releases that pretend to be long lost 70s releases, yet in reality they were recorded in the 90s.

Edited by Guldbamsen - May 09 2016 at 09:21
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 07:57
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ I hope the new FO is great Smile
What's TAB? That bizarre name caught my attention Tongue

I certainly hope so tooLOL Still waiting for my copy to drop by.

TAB is this Spanish noise rock/Dream pop band that manages to pull off music that oh so often ends up completely anodyne and tasteless. A female friend of mine turned me onto them.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 07:59
Oh...almost forgot about this one:
An album I got a little while ago. This one consists of sounds that come from a washing machine (hence the art work) run through filters, eschewed, looped etc etc to conjure up this highly interesting electronic album. 

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 08:05
^ Trippy Cool

TAB is this Spanish noise rock/Dream pop band that manages to pull off music that oh so often ends up completely anodyne and tasteless. A female friend of mine turned me onto them.
Hum OK, moving on... LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 08:07
Vinyl order:
Eloy - Planets
Space Art - s/t
Tai Phong - s/t
Tangerine Dream - Alpha Centauri
Vangelis - Hypothesis
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 08:11
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ Trippy Cool

Hum OK, moving on... LOL

Yeah my guess is that you're better off with the washing machine effort.

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 08:13
BTW Samuel: What kind of pressing are we talking about regarding the Alpha Centauri LP? I'm actually pretty happy with my cd copy as it also includes the Ultima Thule EP, which is nigh on impossible to get a hold of otherwise.

Edited by Guldbamsen - May 09 2016 at 08:14

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 08:19
^^ You're probably right LOL

^ It's supposed to be the first French pressing (I only ordered it two days ago). I don't mind getting the CD someday, one of the reasons I'm buying TD on vinyl is for the big artwork Cool
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 08:22
That's also one of the predominant reasons for me purchasing vinyl... that and to me personally there's a greater 'reverence' to the media. I take care of my vinyls and would never stack them in the kitchen (as I do with some of my cds).

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 08:30
I agree, although I've been trying to take more care of my CD's. They don't go out of the house like in the old days, that helps Tongue

By the way, did you have a chance to listen to the albums I suggested to you? Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 08:45
LOL
Damn I completely forgot to report back to you Samuel, sorry dudeEmbarrassed
Jorge Palma is wonderful. I love the vibe of that album. Feels like something that deserves a grassy field, cold beers and a little space tobacco.
Hell I could say the same about Black Bombain's Far Out - even if the two sound nothing alike. Definite space rock sauce going down. I love how huge their sound gets. Quite remarkable for a trio methinks.

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 09:04
That's OK. I'm glad you liked them Smile
Funny thing about that Jorge Palma album, it suggests precisely that (he even mentions beer and tobacco in one track) but it has such heavy lyrics.
I don't visualize much what I listen to but when I listen to "Africa II" of Far Out, I imagine driving a jeep in a savanna while being chased by a cheetah. Man, I can really feel the danger LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 09:13
LOL
That's the spirit right there!!! 
I'm the other way round. I can't not see stuff like colours, patterns and alternating shapes when listening to music. Never been diagnosed but I'm fairly certain that I have some form of synaesthesia.  

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 09:35
^ That's cool! It's probably just a predisposition to that kind of imagination. I know I never had much visual imagination: I remember when at school the Arts teacher would tell us to draw whatever we wanted and I'd spend most of the class looking at the blank sheet and then draw something dull because I also had no technique. On the other hand I had great grades on Music, which I found boring because it was so basic for me.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 09:53
As always some old original vinyl......
Boomerang- 1971 hard rock
Jeff Beck-double vinyl of Truth and Beckola...released some years after the first vinyls.
Moody Blues- Days of Future...ist pressing...mine was worn out
Vangelis- best of on RCA german pressing 1977
Vangelis- opera sauvage Polydor 1979
Procol harum-Shine On Brightly
Styx-Serpent Is Risiing
Jefferson Airplane- Crown of Creation
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 09:57
You may be onto something there. I am certainly grateful for my imagination, although it scared the sh*t out of me when I was a kid. 

- Douglas Adams
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearsFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 15:17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 409410411412413 524>