Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent Purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 412413414415416 524>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 10:10
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ Maybe yours also has a loud pop in the middle of one side, it seemed like a pressing issue.

My copy just arrived and I haven't played it yet but if the problem is in the pressing mine will also have it. Unhappy

BTW...I checked out Astrodome and the silver vinyl looks really good. I've ordered albums that were listed as silver but when they arrived they were grey. 
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 10:43
I cleaned it (very dirty for a new record) and only that pop remained but it's not a big deal.

I said it's silver from the photo, but who knows? Tongue I'm still considering if I'll buy, it's a bit expensive with shipping. I think I'll wait to see what they'll have for sale at the concert next month.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 11:01
^  I've slowed down my buying lately (Shocked) until my pending deliveries arrive.
My Amazon order list is now empty and my Bandcamp/Discogs/band website/label website order list is down to seven albums and they have all shipped.
I'm sure I'll order Astrodome (I've slowed down, I haven't stopped) but I have to start paying more attention to shipping costs. Last week I ordered a $25 album from Australia and the shipping was $33. As you know, on Discogs you don't get a shipping cost until you place the order.

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 11:31
^ I've slowed down too, I've been listening to albums I barely listened since I bought them so I don't feel like buying so much now Tongue
Many sellers specify the costs beforehand, I usually don't buy if they don't.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 11:41
Ordered:

Brotzmann - Krakow Nights
CS - Return To...
FZ - Road Tapes Vol. 3
The Necks - Vertigo
Marc Wagnon - Shadowlines
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 11:55
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ I've slowed down too, I've been listening to albums I barely listened since I bought them so I don't feel like buying so much now Tongue
Many sellers specify the costs beforehand, I usually don't buy if they don't.

You're right, some do list shipping and I like that. 
Generally, all of the albums I've ordered from Europe have had acceptable shipping costs and sometimes I will put an album in my cart without verifying the shipping beforehand. Embarrassed
I will definitely be aware of shipping costs if something outside of Europe catches my eye.
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 12:23
I have just made a deal of my life.
I was searching for a vinyl of Moving Gelatine Plates' debut album. I found a fella locally, who had two different pressings of their debut LP. One was for something equal to 25$ (unopened 180 g vinyl) and another was a reissue from the 90's (opened, slightly bended, but playing nearly flawlessly) for something equal to 16$. I mean, 25$ is about the same price that the cheapest MGP vinyls cost on eBay and Discogs. And I've even got the 16$! I could not believe my eyes. In my motherland, which is slightly behind the western world - such a cheap vinyl. I paid for the 16$ LP and the guy wrote to me "Sh*t, I can't find the vinyl.". I wrote that he should rather be careful when putting things like that on auction. So, you know what he did? He offered to send me the 25$ for what I have paid - 16$. That's a deal right there! I still can't believe that the LP is cheaper here in Poland than on eBay and Discogs.
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 12:45
^ It's not often that you will find a seller that will work with you like that.
When I first started buying new vinyl I placed an order for three albums from a distributor. When the shipment arrived one of the albums was not what I ordered. I sent an email offering to return the album for the correct one. They replied and apologized for the mistake and told me to keep the album as a gift and said the correct album would be shipped that day.
I was so pleased with the way they handled the problem that I went to their site and selected three more albums to purchase. 
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearsFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 16:44

King Only View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2016 at 11:35
Good haul today:

Heldon - Un Reve Sans Consequence Speciale.
Richard Pinhas - Events And Repetitions.
Andy Summers - Metal Dog.
The Who - Who Are You (1996 remix/remaster with extra tracks).
Nico - Camera Obscura.
Nico - Femme Fatale (Drama Of Exile plus Live At Chelsea Town Hall 1985 2 CD set).
Nico - All Tomorrow's Parties Live 1983.
Sting - All This Time: Live In Italy 2001 DVD.
Placebo - MTV Unplugged 2015 Live DVD.
Sun Kil Moon and The Album Leaf - Perils From The Sea.
Minimal Compact - Deadly Weapons.

Plus three movie DVDs:

Exodus: Gods and Kings (director: Ridley Scott).
In Time (director: Andrew Niccol).
Interstellar (director: Christopher Nolan).

Edited by King Only - June 02 2016 at 11:36
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2016 at 20:04
^  That certainly is a good haul and the movies are an added bonus. 

Only one album delivered today,,,
Mammatus - Mammatus  (black vinyl)

This one completes my Mammatus vinyl collection.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2016 at 14:16
Ordered:

Jakob Skott - Amor...
REd Square - Lost Recordings...
FB - 3.76
D Cherry - Blue Lake
DEM - Devoto
Mani N.'s newest
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2016 at 21:38
Katatonia - The Fall of Hearts
Frost - Falling Satellites
Gazpacho - Molok
Airbag - All Rights Removed
Premiata Forneria Marconi - L'isola di niente
Brainticket - Psychonaut

--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
KingCrInuYasha View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingCrInuYasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2016 at 00:25
Zappa In New York, Sleep Dirt and Orchestral Favorites, all by Frank Zappa. 

On a related note, I also have a copy of Läther (which is why I did not by Studio Tan, since it has all those tracks from there) I got a few years back and my original plan was to make an alternate version of that album so I could add unedited versions of songs while leaving out some songs that ended up on his others albums. However, I realized leaving some out would have ended up diluting the variety, so I decided to include them, while trying to maintain some semblance of what Frank originally intended for the album. Unfortunately, my alterations ended up with an extra LP side, so I decided to put "Strictly Genteel" and "Bogus Pomp" from Orchestral as its own side. I now have a version of Läther that's 5 LPs long instead of the original 4. 

I haven't listened to it yet and if wasn't for the fact that a) I listened to most of the material beforehand and b) Frank was probably the only musician in existence (non-classical at least; Wagner would probably look at Läther's length and laugh) who had the potential to make a quadruple or larger album and not have it stink (take that Kiss and Metallica), I probably would have gone mad.

Edited by KingCrInuYasha - June 05 2016 at 00:34
He looks at this world and wants it all... so he strikes, like Thunderball!
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2016 at 03:39
I'm fighting on a local bidding for Camembert Electrique. Man, it's an original pressing in excellent condition. I want it so badly! Just yestarday, I've lost the bidding for Birds Of Fire by Mahavishnu Orchestra and I'm mad as heck. Gotta win this time! Censored
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2016 at 04:28
^ I used to have 2 copies of Camembert, on the b&w Virgin label.....
Today, I went to JB and walked out with 3 DVD packages. ;
IRON MAIDEN - The Early Years (Part 1)
MESHUGGAH - The Ophidian Trek
.....and a cartoon set of UNDERDOG Volume 1. Modest shoeshine boy turned superhero. I loved this when I started school back in '77.

Edited by Tom Ozric - June 05 2016 at 04:29
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2016 at 17:06
Some used original vinyl from my main man's local record store....

Brian Auger Oblivion Express- Straight Ahead
Todd Rundgren's Utopia
Return To Forever- Where Have I known You Before
Terry Reid- River
Quicksilver Messenger Service- first
McKendree Spring- Suite

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2016 at 18:35
^  I bought that Quicksilver album when it first came out because Pride Of Man was getting a lot of radio play.
At the end of the first listen I discovered the 12 + minute song The Fool. I think these guys and Jefferson Airplane had the most talented musicians in the San Francisco music scene at the time.
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2016 at 18:51
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

^  I bought that Quicksilver album when it first came out because Pride Of Man was getting a lot of radio play.
At the end of the first listen I discovered the 12 + minute song The Fool. I think these guys and Jefferson Airplane had the most talented musicians in the San Francisco music scene at the time.
That is the truth, TeleStrat regarding Quicksilver Messenger Service.  "The Fool" is superb.  I love that first album.  also recently bought HAPPY TRAILS.  I buy a fair amount of SF & American psychedelic amongst the
import titles.  Big Brother, Country Joe, Electric Flag and H. P. Lovecraft have been in the recently acquired.
CROWN OF CREATION & SUNFIGHTER, as well

today arrived THE CLAYPOOL LENNON DELIRIUM and I think PA people will find a lot to like here.
Lots of early Floyd & Beatles motifs.  I have tickets to see them in August, San Luis Obispo, California.

also today, new copies of Steve Hillage, GREEN and Klaus Schulze LIVE.
cheers!
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2016 at 20:12
^  Yeah, LA had some good psychedelic bands at that time but San Francisco was clearly the leader in the psychedelic rock sound.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 412413414415416 524>