Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nick D'Virgillo re-recording Genesis "The Lamb"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNick D'Virgillo re-recording Genesis "The Lamb"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 11:07
It sounds like one of those "let's get this bunch of guys together and do someone else's music" projects that were the rage a few years back. The metal scene guys , the country and so on. It was usually musicians from third tier bands making a few extra buck from the extreme fans' need to have everything.
As if having Ratt's singer, Dokken's bass player, Accept's drummer, and Vinnie Vincent playing Aerosmith's Round & Round  was anything special.
Hayseed Dixie makes a good living out of doing bluegrass covers of various bands, and rock tunes. Dread Zeppelin brought Zep some much needed "serious" attention.
I would hesitate to predict that this project will make that big a splash. And for album "covers", I prefer the Dub All Stars version of DSOTM, and Luther Wright & the Wrongs country version of "The Wall".
"Here I am talking to some of the smartest people in the world and I didn't even notice,” Lieutenant Columbo, episode The Bye-Bye Sky-High I.Q. Murder Case.
Uncle Spooky View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2008 at 07:58
Originally posted by BigBoss BigBoss wrote:

I guess you didn't listen to much before you posted.

Being thoroughly acquainted with the original meant I didn't need to.  In the end, I cherry picked my favourite songs to confirm my thoughts then removed the disc from the player.  No need to listen to any more.

Regards,

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12