FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGuitar Pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guitar Pro
    Posted: April 15 2005 at 09:27

I have had Guitar Pro 4 (4.0.1) for while now, and although it is great for learning I must say it is also great for making own creations. I specially one creation of mine that i was utterly proud of.

But not long ago a freind of mine sent me the latest version of the program, this was an demo, and it didnt take long before I made the mistake of saving my creation in this program intead of the full version. Suddenly 250 bars of improvisations, impossible to remember, vanished.

Is there somone who knows whether it is possible to regain it or not? 

"Oh, yes, sitting-the great leveler. From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?"
James Lee View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2005 at 11:40

Ugh...that's too bad. Does the demo not allow you to save, or did you uninstall the demo and it erased the folder?

You might try doing a search on your PC for files of that type...perhaps it's just in an obscure location on your hard drive. If it's not too long ago, it might still be in your Temp folder...but if so, it could be in a binary form, which means it probably might as well be gone unless you can get the program to recognize it as a save.

Xanadu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 05:16

Maybe I wasnt clear enough, when you save a tab in the demo it will only save the first 24 bars, thus the othe bars will vansihed, not the whole tab. (have to work on my english) the problem wasn't to find it, I was asking if there's any way to Restore it.

I beginning to doubt that, so I will just have to live with it...

"Oh, yes, sitting-the great leveler. From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?"
 Post Reply Post Reply