Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMissing "Yes" Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2008 at 22:27
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

I guess I wasn't clear on what "themed" meant.  Sorry.  If you can move it, by all means, go ahead.

The trouble is I have no idea who played what.  Obviously Wakeman manned the keys on his tracks, Anderson the vocals on his, and Howe the guitars on his.  As to who plays the bass or drums, or who is singing on the Yes tracks, I am clueless.  "Magic Love" is from The More You Know, as is "Gimmie Love" (listed as "Gimme Love").  The two Steve Howe tracks are from Portraits of Bob Dylan.  "Oriental Iceman" is from Wakeman's White Rock II

As for who is playing on Wakeman's renditions of the Yes songs, good luck finding that one out.  My guess is it's his band.  Confused
We can't move indivudual albums in VA - which is why I haven't -  all I can do is delete it and re-submit and I don't see much point in that.

I'm no Yes expert - I do not know which tracks are the Howe tracks and which are the Wakeman tracks, so before I update the details, here's my best guess:

1. Roundabout (Wakeman) (8:38)
2. Magic Love (Anderson) (3:47)
3. Going, Going, Gone (Howe) (3:54)
4. And You and I (Wakeman) (8:50)
5. Long Distance Runaround (Wakeman) (3:26)
6. Gimmie Love (Anderson) (4:14)
7. Oriental Iceman (Wakeman) (11:51)
8. It's All Over Now Baby Blue (Howe) (4:34)
9. Merlin the Magician (Wakeman) (6:48)
...the track times of the Wakeman tracks don't stack up with anything I can find in the archive, but let's assume they are all his Wink

...and I won't bother even trying to list the musicians on each track, because they'll all be guesses.

Well, that's what I've got on the back of the CD case.  And I researched the track times for Wakeman, and I agree with your findings.  Maybe they're edits. I don't have the Wakeman releases to know for sure.
Bitterblogger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2008 at 23:44

Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I guess I wasn't clear on what "themed" meant.  Sorry.  If you can move it, by all means, go ahead.

The trouble is I have no idea who played what.  Obviously Wakeman manned the keys on his tracks, Anderson the vocals on his, and Howe the guitars on his.  As to who plays the bass or drums, or who is singing on the Yes tracks, I am clueless.  "Magic Love" is from The More You Know, as is "Gimmie Love" (listed as "Gimme Love").  The two Steve Howe tracks are from Portraits of Bob Dylan.  "Oriental Iceman" is from Wakeman's White Rock II

As for who is playing on Wakeman's renditions of the Yes songs, good luck finding that one out.  My guess is it's his band.  Confused
We can't move indivudual albums in VA - which is why I haven't -  all I can do is delete it and re-submit and I don't see much point in that.

I'm no Yes expert - I do not know which tracks are the Howe tracks and which are the Wakeman tracks, so before I update the details, here's my best guess:

1. Roundabout (Wakeman) (8:38)
2. Magic Love (Anderson) (3:47)
3. Going, Going, Gone (Howe) (3:54)
4. And You and I (Wakeman) (8:50)
5. Long Distance Runaround (Wakeman) (3:26)
6. Gimmie Love (Anderson) (4:14)
7. Oriental Iceman (Wakeman) (11:51)
8. It's All Over Now Baby Blue (Howe) (4:34)
9. Merlin the Magician (Wakeman) (6:48)
...the track times of the Wakeman tracks don't stack up with anything I can find in the archive, but let's assume they are all his Wink

...and I won't bother even trying to list the musicians on each track, because they'll all be guesses.

Well, that's what I've got on the back of the CD case.  And I researched the track times for Wakeman, and I agree with your findings.  Maybe they're edits. I don't have the Wakeman releases to know for sure.

Yeah, could be outtakes from Wakey's Yes do-overs. The Merlin one could be from any number of occasions. I recommend the Howe album from whence these came; Anderson does a great job on "Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands." Come to think of it, I think that's in one of the compilation series previously listed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12