Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIs Nine Horses not a band?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Nine Horses not a band?
    Posted: December 10 2008 at 16:24
I find it perplexing that the two releases by Nine Horses are listed under David Sylvian instead of a separate entry, while Rain Tree Crow (which is basically David Sylvian's collaboration with his old band Japan) is listed as a separate band. I realize that there can't be a new band entry for every new collaboration, but for consistency's sake I think we should either give Nine Horses a band status or throw the one Rain Tree Crow album together with either Japan or Sylvian.

Is there a general policy on these kinds of situations?
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 19:29
Nine Horses is indeed a band and the albums should not have been added to Sylvian solo.

The other problem is I'm not convinced that Nine Horses are particularily Prog, so perhaps shouldn't be here at all.

RTC is a group effort and not a Sylvian solo - it is Japan - but Sylvian wouldn't allow the album to be released as a Japan reunion album, so it shouldn't be added to Japan's discography.

This is one of the problems with allowing anyone to add albums - "First Day" and "Damage" are each listed twice - under Sylvian and under Fripp whereas they should be listed as Sylvian & Fripp.
What?
 Post Reply Post Reply